The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Published Adventure Opening Scrolls
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Published Adventure Opening Scrolls Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Some of your YouTube subscribers were mad notifications when you updated a video? Wow. They must not know you can edit your notification settings. I'm sorry you had that experience.

It was more because I kept spotting problems with a previous scroll and reposted it several times over. It's fair enough, really, especially when that's not the reason they're following. But it's put me off revising anything - once it's up, it's up!
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never understand why people get so upset by such trivial things. All it takes is a click to close a video and another one to remove a notification. Heck, Google doesn't send me any notifications anymore for some reason which bums me out because I liked having tons of notifications.

Bissler, I really appreciate your videos and write-ups and look forward to the next adventure.
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanDarkstar wrote:
I'll never understand why people get so upset by such trivial things. All it takes is a click to close a video and another one to remove a notification. Heck, Google doesn't send me any notifications anymore for some reason which bums me out because I liked having tons of notifications.

Bissler, I really appreciate your videos and write-ups and look forward to the next adventure.

Cheers Ryan, I really appreciate the kind words and support! I do enjoy doing them anyway, so I'll keep them coming!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a look over Tatooine Manhunt but I'm struggling to come up with an intro scroll, mostly because the introduction and script explain the story that way. Any suggestions?
Straxus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:
I've had a look over Tatooine Manhunt but I'm struggling to come up with an intro scroll, mostly because the introduction and script explain the story that way. Any suggestions?

When I do scrolls for my own game, I like to put in a few tidbits of what goes on in the galaxy on a larger scale, to put the characters struggles into context. So I use it more as a mood setter than for information purposes. And then I usually end it with a little bit about where the characters are heading, before camera tilt down to the planet they are approaching.

Mars with a bit of colour correction makes a good substitute for Tatooine, btw, and you can get good hi-res photos of it. There's even a really good Mars texture available somewhere for free.

Or send me a PM and I can fix you up with a decent finished Tatooine image Wink
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straxus wrote:
The Bissler wrote:

When I do scrolls for my own game, I like to put in a few tidbits of what goes on in the galaxy on a larger scale, to put the characters struggles into context. So I use it more as a mood setter than for information purposes. And then I usually end it with a little bit about where the characters are heading, before camera tilt down to the planet they are approaching.

Mars with a bit of colour correction makes a good substitute for Tatooine, btw, and you can get good hi-res photos of it. There's even a really good Mars texture available somewhere for free.

Or send me a PM and I can fix you up with a decent finished Tatooine image Wink

That sounds pretty great Straxus - and I may think about doing the tilt down idea because I know how I would do it as I'm getting better at dealing with iMovie now!

With regard to the scroll, while I like the idea of planting adventure seeds in them about what's happening elsewhere, I'm trying to have something generic so that GMs across the world can use these if they're ever running these adventures.

The specific issue with TM is that at the start of the story the PCs are really there for an unrelated reason but that they have just discovered that Agent Dana needs to meet with them urgently. I'll keep thinking about this!
Straxus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's true, mine doesn't need to be that generic. That being said, some of the info I put in are fairly "general knowledge". I might put in some rumors about what Darth Vader is supposedly doing, or fairly well known Imperial activities.

Good luck with the project, you're doing a great job! Smile

The Bissler wrote:

That sounds pretty great Straxus - and I may think about doing the tilt down idea because I know how I would do it as I'm getting better at dealing with iMovie now!

With regard to the scroll, while I like the idea of planting adventure seeds in them about what's happening elsewhere, I'm trying to have something generic so that GMs across the world can use these if they're ever running these adventures.

The specific issue with TM is that at the start of the story the PCs are really there for an unrelated reason but that they have just discovered that Agent Dana needs to meet with them urgently. I'll keep thinking about this!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Straxus, the kind words are much appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: