The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dashade 2.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Dashade 2.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Dashade 2.0 Reply with quote

Because a player wanted to play one and for some reason WEG never did a species write-up for it and the current version was converted from D20/D20Rev and does not really adequately reflect the species as we knw it in EU/Legends. Here is the updated version. Please comment and let me know what you think of it.

Quote:
DASHADE 2.0
In 3996 BBY, the Cron Cluster of stars went supernova, and the nearby Dashade homeworld of Urkupp was destroyed. The species was nearly annihilated, but members of House Sizhran had thirty-seven remaining Dashade enforcers cryogenically frozen for use by future generations of Falleen leaders. Roughly every century, a new enforcer is released and made to serve House Sizhran. Several decades before the year 3 ABY the thirty-eighth and final dashade Maliss was awakened to serve the Falleen Prince Xizor, a member of the Black Sun criminal syndicate. Throughout those decades, Maliss served his master well as the last Shadow Killer. He was still active in 0 BBY and was present at the Mos Eisley cantina when Obi-Wan-Kenobi sliced off Ponda Baba's arm.

Some believe that the Dashade may have founded colonies before Urkupp's destruction. New Republic Security became concerned that these lost colonies may have started working for the Imperial Remnant and in the criminal underworld. To assuage their fears, they dispatched a number of spacers to scout uninhabited star systems close to novas, supernovas, highly charged gas clouds, and even tide-locked worlds from binary star systems. They supplied ships and a mobile HoloNet transceiver to aid them. It is unclear what discoveries were made from these endeavors.

Dashade
Home Planet: Urkupp (destroyed)
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 2D/4D
KNOWLEDGE 1D/3D+2
MECHANICAL 1D+1/4D
PERCEPTION 1D/3D+1
STRENGTH 1D+2/4D+1
TECHNICAL 1D+1/4D
Special Abilities:
-- Powerful Claws: Do STR+1D damage
-- Force Resistance: Dashade are resistant to Force powers that utilize the Alter skill. All Alter rolls made for Force powers directed at a Dashade character have their difficulties increased by +5. A Force-using Dashade character who attempts to use Alter-based Force powers adds +10 to his difficulties.
-- Heat Dissipation: Dashade can dissipate the heat that emanates from their bodies, making it difficult to detect them with equipment that tracks by heat. All checks made to detect a Dashade character who is consciously reducing his heat signature, using thermal or infrared equipment, are made at a -2D penalty.
-- Radiation Resistance: Gain a +1D bonus to Strength when resisting the effects of harmful radiation.
Story Factors:
-- Thought to Be Extinct: The Dashade’s home world was destroyed, and many assume the race to be extinct
Move: 10/12
Size: 1.7 to 2 meters tall.
Game Notes: Depending on how the GM wishes to use the Dashade in their campaign, the species may or may not be available for player characters.
Source: Aliens Stats (p.34-35), wookieepedia. Stats by +Oliver Queen.

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good overall. Just a couple things.

Most characters of any species are not going to be PCs. WEG screwed up when it statted out humans for 2e. 1e established that 2D was the average attribute value, but when coming up with attribute ranges for 2D they looked at the PC templates (which all have values of 2D-4D) and nonsensically put the minimum human attribute as 2D. It doesn't make any sense for the average and the minimum to be equal to each other. Logically, the minimum should be lower than the average value. (A minimum of 1D makes a lot more sense for humans.)

You statted Dashade with an average attribute total of 12D, like humans in RAW. Four of the six attributes have a minimum value of 2D, and the other two are 1D+2 and 1D+1. There's only enough room for an average Dashade to have at most three attributes above the minimum, which means at least three attributes will be equal to the minimum values. I would suggest lowering at least some of the minimum attribute values.

As a side note I think it also makes sense for every 2e species stat block to include an average attribute set (which adds up the species average total attribute dice value), but I think the 2e Star Wars Sourcebook, GG12, and R&E are the only books that did that. GG4 and Alien Encounters don't, so whether 2e alien stat blocks include average attribute values for each attribute is inconsistent. I think it makes the most sense to see the minimum, average, and maximum value for each attribute of a species. The books that show it have the average values in a single line. I show it something like this:

Code:
Average Total Attribute Dice: 14D

AVERAGE    MIN/MAX
DEX: 2D+1   1D/4D+1
KNO: 2D+1   1D/4D+1
MEC: 2D+1   1D/4D+1
PER: 2D+1   1D/4D+1
STR: 2D+1   1D/4D+1
TEC: 2D+1   1D/4D+1

And as a minor capsule fluff FYI, it was Ponda Baba's arm that got cut off in the cantina, not Dr.Evazan's.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work as always shootingwomprats

I didn't really know much about this species apart from the D20 converted stats that you mentioned. Interesting background.

I do like the idea of updating the D6 stats and special abilities of species when newer infromation comes to light. Are you intending to tweak other species too?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
I do like the idea of updating the D6 stats and special abilities of species when newer infromation comes to light. Are you intending to tweak other species too?

I have tweaked many, I believe most, not all were posted to the pit. As for plans? Not really, there are some many alien species, I don't really update one unless I am using it in a current game or a player wants to play one.

Off the top of my head I know I have updated Duros, Sluissi, Verpine, Wookiees, Jawa, and many others.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: