The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Mandalorian [Spoilers Allowed]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Mandalorian [Spoilers Allowed] Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, wild theory time. I'm just going to put this out here because we have some hints that Boba Fett may return for Season 2.

A friend of mine was rewatching Chapter 5: The Gunslinger. It ends with someone in a pair of boots walking up to Shand's body. My friend did an audio comparison and said that the sound effect for the spurs/boots was the same sound effect used for Boba Fett's spurs.

Were they seeding this early? Was it coincidence? Or do you think maybe he was just plain wrong?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said to my son when we just watched that episode recently, I bet that's Boba Fett. Maybe I was subconsciously influenced by the sound effect but I admit I never consciously even noticed that. The character was last seen on that planet so that is continuity from a story perspective.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm one of those that really hopes that Boba Fett does NOT show up! That mysterious boots at the end of the Gunslinger was meant to be someone sinister. I don't think they were intentionally hinting at that being anyone in particular. The show is already a semi-Western, and with the episode titled "The Gunslinger", it makes sense for anyone to have clink-clink spurs out there. It really could be anyone, it doesn't have to be Boba Fett.

Plus, I'd hate to see the Mandalorian put the smack down on Fett, considering it seems like anyone who goes up against Fett in the movies seems to beat him unless he has help from the Empire.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they may not have been hinting at anyone in particular, but I do think that they definitely planned on someone in particular.

I don't want Boba Fett either, but we already know he is going to make an appearance in Season 2, played by the actor of Jango Fett and all the clones. Boba Fett's purpose in TESB was to be the one that saw the Falcon head towards the Bespin system and let Vader know, and then looking menacing while not even being named in the movie. Boba Fett's character design was developed from an Imperial supercommando trooper concept, so in the final film all he had to do was stand around, look cool, and shoot at Luke. And then the character's final purpose in RotJ is comedy relief. AotC gave us Jango Fett, a bad@@$$ film Fett the fans wanted, and now we have The Mandalorian which completely fulfills the Fett fan expectations. The Mandalorian has rendered Boba Fett to be completely irrelevant, unless Boba is going to be comedy relief again. But bring him back to just life for that? They should just let him be digested in peace in the Sarlacc.

I enjoyed The Mandalorian Season 1, and I don't want Season 2 to have Boba or Anakin's canon-breaking padawan, but they will. I don't want the show to deal with resurrection of Palpatine or the rise of the First Order, but the show runner said it would. What I want and what they do are unrelated things.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

I don't want the show to deal with resurrection of Palpatine or the rise of the First Order, but the show runner said it would.

Oh. Huh. Okay...

In terms of Fett, I don't much want it to be Fett either. I liked that the Mandalorian didn't tie directly in to anything in the larger galaxy or tie into canon narratives.

But, I guess this is the show they're getting, so I hope they do it well.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGm17Si4bRM

This is somehow incredibly cheesy and awesome.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After first episode of a second season of Mandalorian:
We gonna need...
some update on stats of an iconic creature.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great episode. Will rewatch tonight. Essentially a retelling of the AT-ST Raider episode. With some Moby Dick, New Bedford Whaling drama on the Dune Seas thrown in. Fantastico!

Coulda done without Morrison being in it. Boba Fett should remain dead, and seeing his face onscreen only aids and abets the digital retconners.

Other than that it was great. Let's hope he's some other clone and not Boba. Yeah right.

Bringing back Boba Fett is just asking to screw up. But before Season One aired, I hated the idea of a Baby Yoda or anything Mandalorian-related, and I've love the show so far. If anyone can pull it off without it being dumb, it's this fabtastic show.

Definetly R5. "C'mon Red, let's go!" was turned into a consistent artificial personality trait of pokiness in the droid. Awesome.

I will have my fingers crossed until the end of each episiode hoping they don't mess it up. After the oxymoronicly high budget B movies of the prequels and the pop bubblegum corporatized junk of the sequels, you will forgive me for approaching all new content with trepidation.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We watched it. It was pretty good. I like that we finally saw the creature that we only saw a skeleton of one of them in ANH.

Quote:
Coulda done without Morrison being in it. Boba Fett should remain dead... Let's hope he's some other clone and not Boba. Yeah right.

Bringing back Boba Fett is just asking to screw up.

Right, it's probably not some other clone. As soon as we saw his armor, I figured he was going to appear at the end of the episode. But his role was said to be small, so maybe that is all we will see of him... until Season 3.

But I do totally agree with you. Boba is just all wrong in The Mandalorian on so many levels.

Boba's role is Star Wars was comedy relief. Boba should stay dead unless there is comedy in it, like the comic book where Boba survived only to be dumped back in the Sarlaac Pit. There wasn't anything funny about Boba's appearance here. It's a mistake to take him from comedy to serious drama. It will just be absurd.

And in the CT, Boba, just like all the stormtroopers, were played by slender people, not men with beefy frames. Morrison's build is too thick to play Boba, unless Boba put on a lot of weight on Tatooine in the few years' time since the death of Jabba.

It would also be a mistake to make Boba into some bad@ss. He missed Luke with his wrist laser at Point Blank range twice, when Luke was fighting some of Jaba's goons and not paying any attention to Boba. Boba was obviously an imperfect clone of his "father" (a real bad@ss who battled Obi-Wan).

But Jango Fett was a one-off character that lived up to the potential of and fan wishes for Boba Fett, but only for the one film Jango appeared in. Mando is the living Fett everyone always wanted. Mando renders Boba Fett utterly obsolete.

TauntaunScout wrote:
But before Season One aired, I hated the idea of a Baby Yoda or anything Mandalorian-related, and I've love the show so far. If anyone can pull it off without it being dumb, it's this fabtastic show.

I also didn't have my hopes up for The Mandalorian, and I agree Season 1 turned out much better than I thought it would be. There are still many other things have a bad feeling about reported to appear in the show, like the resurrection of Palpatine, the rise of the First Order, and Anakin's continuity-breaking padawan, but the first season was good so I'll give this season a shot and see how they do it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any concept art yet, but it looks like the krayt dragon is snake/worm-like? I know the skeleton in A New Hope looked like a large snake, but most other depictions of the creature feature four legs.

The speed in which it moved underground was frighteningly fast. My wife and I reacted with surprised shouts when it belched up acid. That was unexpectedly rough, and then she turned to me and said, "Don't you dare put a krayt dragon in our campaign." I simply smiled and said, "Oh, there'll be a krayt."

==============================================
EDIT: Okay, according to this video, the one in The Mandalorian is a Greater Krayt Dragon which looks like this:

Looks like the show combined the canyon krayt head with the greater krayt's long neck.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all that Ryan. Here is the Greater krayt dragon (canon entry).

It is cool that we finally saw one version of Krayt Dragons in the flesh after hearing and seeing the bones of one all the way back in 1977. It having a long neck with some kind of legs deep underneath the sand would make sense with how it could move so quickly underground.

However, it doesn't really make any sense that these and the canyon variant of krayt dragons are considered two subspecies of the same species (in both legends and canon), being as canyon krayts have two pairs of legs instead of ten. Stupid canons. It doesn't make sense that these species are genetically related at all unless genetic engineering was involved.

Something that I thought was weird was that in the Tatooine episode of Season 1, Mando communicated with the Sand People strictly by that sign language. Then in this new episode, his first time back on Tatooine since, suddenly Mando can speak the Tusken language too.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The episode ending was imo a bit exciting, I wonder though is it Boba Fett, or is it maybe made to make us belive it is Boba Fett.

I as ke becuse once he turned he had a very visible face scar, now we can think he got this from his escape from the scarlac, but what if it means it is not Boba but a clone.

We have seen a clone, (several) with very visible face scars, even some that were working with The rebels in the TV series, who know what htese guys are upto now, though they would maybe be much older due to the advanved again

So While I do think it is actually Boba Fett, I can't help thinking that it maybe a clone, maybe someone like rex, or another.

Maybe this is what will lead mando to the jedi, or to force users, like ahsoka, and I would suspect with ahsoka in the series we may even see Sabine, with din serching for mandos out there.

But what do you guys think, Boba Fett or a clone tropper of old?
if the latter then who?
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. It definitely was Temuera Morrison, but it could be a trick and really be another clone. But I doubt it.

The scar means nothing. We only ever saw Boba Fett's face when he was a kid. He could have gotten that scar at any point after that. And you are right regarding the character age. The other clones had accelerated aging but Boba was an unaltered clone. Boba would be in his 40s in the time of The Mandalorian. Temuera Morrison is in his 50s. And Tatooine's twin suns aging effect is a real thing in Star Wars. (Beru and Owen Lars, Obi-Wan, and Luke all looked older than their characters were supposed to be. Boba Fett could have living on Tatooine for 5 years by this point.)

Boba Fett is somehow extremely popular among fans, and I think fans would be p!ssed if Disney pulled the rug out from under them and later revealed it really wasn't Fett. Besides, it is the latest craze to bring characters killed off in live action back to life in live action. 2018 brought back Maul. 2019 was Palpatine. 2020 is Boba Fett.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, kids, wife and I were not really impressed with S2E1. We feel it should have jump started the season, and instead it felt like a mid-season filler fetch-quest. The Boba Fett armor just felt like fan service.

Here's hoping E2 jump starts the season.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that came to mind, could the "Mandalorian" actually not be Din Djarin, but the child?

As in the chiled, baby Yodalorian.....

Just a thought, but a fun one, we get the new "mandalorian jedi" as the child IS mandolorian and part of clan mudhorn....so, this could be fun twist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 11 of 33

Jump to: