The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

1e PbP?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> 1e PbP?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
t65fan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject: 1e PbP? Reply with quote

If anyone here is thinking about a 1e PbP, I would join if there was room.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1e PbP? Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit, t65fan!

t65fan wrote:

As you can see, PbP is unfortunately pretty dead nowadays. The last active game we had was last posted in over a year ago. I reached out to the GM of that game a week and a half ago to see if I should move it to the inactive games section, but he hasn't logged on to get the message yet. If you would like to run a 1e PbP game, please PM me and I'll be happy to set it up. Otherwise, please also feel free to chime into other discussions, even bumping 1e threads if you want to. Thanks.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matt_76
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably only be able to put up a post or two a week, but if anyone needs player in a PBP game, I'm in!
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to give it a try.
t65fan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:

Sounds good, do you have a group?
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t65fan wrote:
KageRyu wrote:

Sounds good, do you have a group?

t65fan, please update your email address to something not on the disallowed email list. Hotmail causes problems.

Don't worry. There are no thread subscription emails or "you missed this" emails from the Rancor Pit. Spam is forbidden here. The Rancor Pit only sends emails when someone sends you a PM. That's it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
t65fan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally updated my email and got back on the forum…. Does anyone have a 1e PbP going that has the need for one more player or know where I can find one? Thanks!
t65fan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally updated my email and got back on the forum…. Does anyone have a 1e PbP going that has the need for one more player? Thanks!
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there are currently any Pbp games running.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: 1e PbP? Reply with quote

Right.

t65fan wrote:

t65fan wrote:
Finally updated my email and got back on the forum…. Does anyone have a 1e PbP going that has the need for one more player or know where I can find one? Thanks!
t65fan wrote:
Finally updated my email and got back on the forum…. Does anyone have a 1e PbP going that has the need for one more player? Thanks!

Site Admin wrote:
(3) Keep it tidy... please do not duplicate posts in multiple threads or the same thread.
(7) Keep it civil... Please do not spam or otherwise vandalize the forums. (Advertisements for PbP games on other websites should not be posted here.)
Quote:
PbP Overview
Here you can announce intentions to run a play-by-post game here and solicit player interest, etc.

t65fan, it is against forum policy to post about pbp games on other sites here, which means the only pbp games discussed here would be ones ran on this site, which means people don't come here from other sites looking for players. All pbp games must start with a GM willing to run one. So how it generally works is, a GM willing to run a pbp game here will post an announcement looking for players. The last announced pbp game here was December 2018. That game petered out in 2019. If you aren't willing to be the GM for a new pbp game, then there is little reason to post that you want to be a player in one.

That being said, I had no issue with your OP in 2020. It was a long shot that a GM would read your post and reply, "Sure, I'll run one for you" but there was no harm in your single post. I invited you to participate in forum discussions, but you haven't.

Is your interest in this game and Star Wars a singular interest in playing a pbp game, and that's it? (And specifically it must be 1e?) I'm afraid that pbp is vestige from the past. There are several modern ways that groups can play live games on virtual table tops, I imagine that the antiquated play-by-email and pbp just aren't being used anymore.

I disregarded your bump yesterday, but today you basically just repeated yesterday's post. Please don't do that as it is against forum guidelines. Thank you. If you have no interest in discussing anything else on this site then you can just keep checking for any new pbp announcements from GMs.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: