The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force User's Handbook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Force User's Handbook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Forceally wrote:
I'm going through what I've done doing some polishing - edits, spacing, etc. So I'll be able to get this up before Christmas. Now can anyone remind me how I'm supposed to do that again? I do have Google Drive, so I should load it up there and make a download link in the thread?

That's how I do it. Anyone who has the link will be able to access it.

Yes. And I can download it from your google drive and upload it to the Rancor Pit Library.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cue Star Wars Opening Theme

It took quite some time, longer because of COVID-19 limiting my ability to add and edit, but it's done. I said I wanted to get this done preferably by Christmas, and I did. I accomplished 99% of what I wanted. Haven't had a chance to read all of Zahn's Chiss book, so the Chiss Force tradition's going to have to wait until the current trilogy is over. Also didn't know how to deal with the Force dyad and Luke severing himself from the Force, but I'll slate those for later alongside anything new from the High Republic set coming out. So without further ado...

The Force Compendium
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Cue Star Wars Opening Theme

It took quite some time, longer because of COVID-19 limiting my ability to add and edit, but it's done. I said I wanted to get this done preferably by Christmas, and I did. I accomplished 99% of what I wanted. Haven't had a chance to read all of Zahn's Chiss book, so the Chiss Force tradition's going to have to wait until the current trilogy is over. Also didn't know how to deal with the Force dyad and Luke severing himself from the Force, but I'll slate those for later alongside anything new from the High Republic set coming out. So without further ado...

The Force Compendium

Thanks! I submitted a request through Google Drive to access the document.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to change the settings, but I think anyone can access it now.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Forceally! It's been uploaded to the Library. Merry Christmas to us all!

NEW --> The Force Compendium (revised & expanded Dec 25, 2020)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Look forward to checking it out.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Thanks for putting all the work in Forceally
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone want to comment on how it is?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, hello? Any comments?

Like I said before, I want to hold off on any updates until I read Zahn's new Thrawn trilogy novels and Chiss Ascendancy novels in order to gain info on the Chiss Force tradition. I know the book Thrawn has nothing, so that's gone. Once I go through those, I hope to add this and any new Force powers from the High Republic Era novels. shootingwomprats have already made one, and I'll give him the due credit. I have some additional ideas on what to add, now that the new Adventure Journal is out.

If anyone can come up with an explanation on the following, I would really appreciate it:

Force dyad, how Rey and Ben could fight against each other when they're worlds apart, so as to speak, and send lightsabers to one another
Luke severing himself from the Force, since it seemed like he reconnected very easily
How one can be categorized as a Force empath, Force telepath, Force mentalist, or Force illusionist using d6 criteria instead of the d20 Feats criteria I listed.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, tha's gonna take a day or more, to read through and understand it all.. Nice work.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Man, tha's gonna take a day or more, to read through and understand it all.. Nice work.

Don't care how long it takes. So long as you enjoy it and let me know what you think.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've popped into it a couple of times and there is a lot there. Great work! I may not use it as written, but this definitely will give me some stuff to give nifty schticks to my antagonists.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Luke severing himself from the Force, since it seemed like he reconnected very easily

To me, it didn't seem like Luke severed all ties with the Force since he could still feel the Force in Rey. More like he switch from Wi-Fi to LAN.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little update on my work - The Force Compendium.

Yes, I'm planning to post an update to my work soon.

Will there be new powers from The High Republic works? Yes - one of which has previously been created and placed in a fan sourcebook.

I plan on adding sections that incorporate previous works. For instance, a section on Jedi training, including information that has been previously published in GG9. I'm also planning to incorporate a section that has been previously published in Adventure's Journal Issue 6, as it proved to be the key I needed to "convert" a section from the JATM that I wasn't able to do before.

I read the Secrets of the Sith. While it had information and provided some new details, there was nothing in it that I could really use. Not even the information about the Force Dyad and any powers associated with it. Thankfully, an online article from Screenrant gave me what I needed.

And yes. I can confirm that the Force tradition found amongst the Chiss will be included. There are six sources I needed to look at for that - Zahn's more recent works starring Thrawn. His Thrawn Trilogy for the Canon continuity and the Chiss Ascendancy trilogy. The final novel of the Ascendancy Trilogy is the only one I need to look through. Here's hoping it has some more info. There are numerous references to Third Sight and Second Sight, but is that it? No First Sight? No Fourth Sight or other "Sights", so as to speak? This is the main stickler point that's holding me back from making an update now.

Here's something I need help on. I want to include a section about the various meditation techniques that have been seen in Star Wars - Legends and Canon. I looked at what the Wook has, and while I think I can make use of it, it didn't have exactly what I was looking for. I'm familiar with the Quey'Tek meditation from The Cestus Deception that Asajj Ventress used to hide her presence in the Force, some kind of meditation that Atton Rand used, and the Jeswandi techniques of the Bothans that Girov Dza'tey used to gain control of the Irrukines in the X-wing comic Requiem for a Rogue. These are what I'm looking for. Are there any others?
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15

Jump to: