The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Imperial-class Star Destroyers, how many shots per round?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Imperial-class Star Destroyers, how many shots per round? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while back a roup I was GMing encountered an ISD.
It was guarding the system they had a mission to.
I never intended them to fight the ISD, keeping it more as something big and scary
however these special forces guys were not intimidated and decided to push their luck.
they forced the ISD to open fire by not responding to hailing, and fired back at the warning shots.
We ruled the ISD in this case had 25 Batteries, each with multiple turbolaser cannons,
I think we ruled it to being 100 cannons in 25 batteries,
Then we decided that if attacking from the side, no more than 1/3 of the battereis will be able to fire
at the attacker.
To make this easy we made -one- attack for the IDS, on a hit we rolled dice to determine how many bolts hit.
this we did by rolling total dice for the 1/3 batteries (in this case 8) one at the time
here we had 4 Cannons pr Battery and we rolled 4 dice, every 5 and 6 counting as hits, and damage rolled
normally

So in short we rolled 1 attack pr battery, then how many bolts pr salvo hitting, then damage.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
DougRed4 wrote:
Per the RAW (p. 118) characters can attempt to make a "hasty entry":

"In emergencies, a character can try to jump into hyperspace in one round instead of one minute"

garhkal wrote:
Ah... So that's different than all other skills where you 'rush it'.. Thanks for the correction.

That's a good point guys. The general rule for rushing things that take more than one round is halving the time. The astrogation time for hasty entry into hyperspace (one round instead of one minute) is a leftover from 1e that didn't have a general rule for rushing actions.

This kind of explains what Rey did in TRoS, too, which at the time I thought was way too much. But I suppose if she spent a Force Point to pull it off. Laughing

Mamatried wrote:
A while back a roup I was GMing encountered an ISD.
It was guarding the system they had a mission to.
I never intended them to fight the ISD, keeping it more as something big and scary
however these special forces guys were not intimidated and decided to push their luck.
they forced the ISD to open fire by not responding to hailing, and fired back at the warning shots.
We ruled the ISD in this case had 25 Batteries, each with multiple turbolaser cannons,
I think we ruled it to being 100 cannons in 25 batteries,
Then we decided that if attacking from the side, no more than 1/3 of the battereis will be able to fire
at the attacker.
To make this easy we made -one- attack for the IDS, on a hit we rolled dice to determine how many bolts hit.
this we did by rolling total dice for the 1/3 batteries (in this case 8) one at the time
here we had 4 Cannons pr Battery and we rolled 4 dice, every 5 and 6 counting as hits, and damage rolled
normally

So in short we rolled 1 attack pr battery, then how many bolts pr salvo hitting, then damage.

If we'd had a fight, I fully intended to encourage the PCs (if they didn't think of it themselves) to make sure they stayed in only one of the firing arcs. Part of my thinking in that way was due to the tactics we'd used the previous evening (in an online Warhammer 40K game), and my thinking was that a maneuverable ship like the Falcon could be careful to, say, only be hit by the left banks of guns, or only the forward ones, or the like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: