The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Introduce Yourself - Redux
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Introduce Yourself - Redux Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Fogger!

I feel your pain with rural internet issues.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, fogger!

Feel free to jump in as often as you like. It's a pretty friendly group here.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, fogger! Glad to see you coming back to the game and having fun.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Fogger! Very Happy
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frogger Very Happy
Demerzel
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, new user here Smile

I'd like to say that I'm a long-time Star Wars fan and RPG player, but that's true only from my point of view...
I discovered Star Wars with the Special Edition, thanks to a friend of mine who got really into it. We were still in primary school back then.
And I started playing RPGs (or should I say D&D, since it's the only one I've played) ~13 years ago, when a friend of a mine asked me to join a campaign run by a friend of his.
Lastly, I think found out about Star Wars D6 only a few years ago, when I read about the REUP edition. I'd already heard about Star Wars RPGs, mainly the d20 system, but I had never looked into them before. Time and friends were just enough for one campaign at a time.

Now, with part of my gaming group, I'd like to try playing this new system (for us, at least Laughing ). I think I'll browse around before asking some advice.
See you around.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Demerzel Very Happy
Matt_76
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all!

I first found this site probably 10 years ago, but due to multiple reasons (going on Night Shift, moving, having a child, etc.), I've been gone for a long time, but have returned these past couple of months to this awesome site!

I'm 45 now and started playing rpgs when I was about 9 or 10. My cousins introduced me to AD&D 1st Edition; I soon went out to KB toys at the local mall (if anyone is old enough to remember that store!) and bought the Frank Mentzer version of the Basic D&D box (with the awesome Larry Elmore Fighter and a Dragon picture on it)...and never looked back.

I discovered the first Edition of Star Wars the RPG in either '87 or '88 in Naples, Italy where my Dad (a Naval Officer) had been stationed; at the Navy Exchange (a store) on base. I fell in love with the D6 System then and there and have used a modified version of the 1st Edition ever since for Star Wars and NUMEROUS other game systems/ideas converted to it. I just LOVE IT.
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are formally here now!!
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello There!
I am Joshua Lee irl, Inquisitor1138 here & at http://d6holocron.com/wiki/, Earth-742 at DeviantArt!

I was born around the time George Lucas signed off on the concept art that would define the Star Wars movie and eventual franchise. Weened on Star Trek until i was old enough to see episodes IV & V at campus screenings, in advance of RotJ's release (the 1st i saw in theaters).
Doctor Who was my 1st rpg in the mid-eighties, got a taste of WEG's D6 SWRPG in the mid 90s & started getting my D6 books around 1999 or so & started a campaign with friends shortly thereafter. Ran my campaign off and on for over a decade, and played in a couple others, one of which started as d20 but switched.
Star Trek Online since Open Beta, pre-reg'd for SWTOR in 2009, but the store sold my preordered copy to someone else, but eventually started playing when f2p hit in 2012. DC Universe Online as of Jan 2016? '16 or '17...
My HP Envy (hateful glare) broke my SWTOR for my birthday & had zero luck fixing it; since then the piece of junk has only gotten worse & can barely play Hero Wars, forget any MMOs now...
Hoping to hold on to my sAnity long enough to get a new computer, as this one isn't even letting me edit my own files anymore.
d6holocron is down again, and i hope the admin will have it back up; i need to find his contact info, it 'should' be in my contacts i think.
I have a D&D campaign and an unrelated SWD6 campaign i have been writing. Ships, planets, a new species & a few societies.

*sigh*
I may have tried registering a few years ago, but that may have been when that was an issue, as i've seen mentioned in the registration thread.

Question: If i have a bunch of ships for a campaign, can i make a thread in the ships section of the forum?

Also, i have made a Blaster Catalog of all the blasters & other ranged weapons in my D6 books, then added my conversions for KotOR & KotORII blasters & KotORII blaster mods.

I was also a (junior) partner in the creation & running of the d20 campaign at https://sw-darkbrotherhood.rpg-board.net/, and trying to regain access & hopefully control so i can boot the spam bots.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for the background info.

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
d6holocron is down again, and i hope the admin will have it back up; i need to find his contact info, it 'should' be in my contacts i think.

He is aware of the issue with the wiki and he's on it. Last I checked, no ETA.

Quote:
Question: If i have a bunch of ships for a campaign, can i make a thread in the ships section of the forum?

Yes, please do.

Quote:
Also, i have made a Blaster Catalog of all the blasters & other ranged weapons in my D6 books, then added my conversions for KotOR & KotORII blasters & KotORII blaster mods.

Feel free to make a thread in the tech forum for that too, or perhaps compile them into a PDF we can share in the Library (see my signature for the Library link).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for the background info.

Inquisitor1138 wrote:

He is aware of the issue with the wiki and he's on it. Last I checked, no ETA.

Ah, thanks! Good to know!

Whill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:

Yes, please do.

Thank you! I'll probably start by porting over stats i made for an artist's ship @ DA in a standalone thread since it isn't campaign-specific.

Whill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:

Feel free to make a thread in the tech forum for that too, or perhaps compile them into a PDF we can share in the Library (see my signature for the Library link).

I have a Draft in MS Word 97/2003 & html, should be easy to convert or copy & paste!
I would make the pdf myself, but my OS (win10/Lose1000) won't let me even open the adobe pdf reader/creator these days.
Is there a size per post limit? As in can i post the whole catalog in one go, or do i need to break it up into sections?

ThrorII wrote:
-snip-

I owned the SWRPG back in the late 80s, but never played. I picked up the SWRPG and SWSourcebook (1e) recently, and really love the intuitive rules-light and cinematic-ness of it. My 'adult' group is playing FFG's Warhammer rpg right now, so I'm running my kids & wife through the SWRPG 1e in our home game.
-snip-

I made a Revised & Expanded Speed Chart, which combines 1e & 2e charts, and includes a few ships given stats in d20, which works for both editions!

Whill wrote:
-snip- WEG's DC superheroes game. -snip-

WEG's DC superheroes game?!? ... i didn't know about that...
Now i am most intrigued...
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
I have a Draft in MS Word 97/2003 & html, should be easy to convert or copy & paste!
I would make the pdf myself, but my OS (win10/Lose1000) won't let me even open the adobe pdf reader/creator these days.
Is there a size per post limit? As in can i post the whole catalog in one go, or do i need to break it up into sections?

There's no post size limit I am aware of, but it may be easier for users to digest if categorized it into multiple posts of a single thread. If going that route, the OP can be the introduction and list the categories for each post, and then you can post replies for each category. But it could also be all weapons in one single post. Whatever works.

Inquisitor1138 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Roleplaying_Game

It runs on the Legends variant of D6, which was only used for this game and one other, the Hercules & Xena game.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:

There's no post size limit I am aware of, but it may be easier for users to digest if categorized it into multiple posts of a single thread. If going that route, the OP can be the introduction and list the categories for each post, and then you can post replies for each category. But it could also be all weapons in one single post. Whatever works.

Inquisitor1138 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Roleplaying_Game

It runs on the Legends variant of D6, which was only used for this game and one other, the Hercules & Xena game.

Ah! Thank you! Most appreciated!

BTW, policy on Thread Necromancy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: