The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Yoda's Species
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Yoda's Species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Yoda's Species Reply with quote

A person on the discord server asked if stats had been created for Yoda's species. Of course there are none, Lucasfilm has specifically told every IP holder not to, so as to keep the mystery of Yoda. Below is a fast write-up for the species. I know the stats probavbly could be fiddled with. Though honestly, Yoda is hardly typical for his species, just like Thrawn should not be considered typical for his. Whereas we do have a plethora of information on the Chiss, we do not for Yoda's species. Which is why I left all attributes 2D/4D. I would be very interested in hearing others views and suggestions.

Quote:
Yoda's Species
Members of the species are small in size, roughly comparable to that of a human child, with green skin, large eyes and long pointed ears. Their three-fingered hands ended in claws. The species are suggested to mostly have a carnivorous diet, with a preference towards catching and devouring live amphibians whole. Their ears are expressive, curling and unfurling in accordance with their emotions.

Members of the species are capable of growing thin hair, with shades varying from auburn to white being documented. The species has a very long life expectancy, spanning at least several centuries; Yoda lived nearly a thousand years before dying of old age, and they age very slowly, remaining in infancy for at least fifty standard years. Despite their slow aging for the first five decades of life, members of the species reach maturity by their hundredth year, as exemplified by the Jedi Yoda, who began training other Jedi when he was about one hundred years old.

Due to the rarity of the species in the wider galaxy, little is known about them except that the species is ancient and shrouded in mystery. Members of the species were capable of speaking Galactic Basic, although Yoda used a distinctive and archaic syntax.

Yoda's Species
Homeworld: Unknown
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 1D/3D
KNOWLEDGE 2D/4D
MECHANICAL 2D/4D
PERCEPTION 2D/5D
STRENGTH 1D/2D+2
TECHNICAL 2D/4D
Special Abilities:
Diminutive: Because of their small stature this species gains a +1D modifier to dodge skill checks. In addition, they also have difficulty using tools and weaponry that requires substantially bigger fingers such as hydrospanners and blaster; most weapons used by this species have to be modified or redesigned to allow the species to use them.
Acute Hearing: This specie's large ears are sensitive to sound, giving them a +1D modifier to search skill checks involving sound.
Story Factors:
Long-lived: This species is exceptionally long-lived, and can live up to 900+ years. They also mature slowly, remaining in infancy for at least 50 years, reaching middle childhood by 100 years, then aging at 1/7 the rate of humans.
Mysterious: An ancient species shrouded in mystery. Members of this species are rarely seen anywhere in the galaxy. The few members of this species seen in the galaxy are all Force-sensitive, and their homeworld and name were unknown.
Move: 8/10
Size: 0.66 meters tall
Source: Wookieeepedia, stats by +Oliver Queen.

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Yoda's Species Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
...Homeworld: Unknown
DEXTERITY 2D/4D
KNOWLEDG 2D/4D
MECHANICAL 2D/4D
PERCEPTION 2D/4D
STRENGTH 2D/4D
TECHNICAL 2D/4D...

I personally find that in the advanced years of my fandom, some Star Wars questions really don't need answered.

I had Yaddle in my game for an adventure but didn't need species stats for that. The only reason to have species stats would be to have new NPCs or PCs of this species, and are any GMs really wanting to do that? Other than short stature, long-lived, and rare, almost anything about the species would a guess. I wouldn't even say they are all Force-sensitive. Maybe it is just the case that only the Force-sensitive ones that survived the death of their species, whatever that was.

If a GM really wanted a new character of the species, it would be their vision of the species for their SWU. If you want to put this species in your own game, then just give us your vision and maybe it will inspire someone for theirs. I just don't see much benefit to a group-think collaboration to make up details and define something that doesn't even need defined by most people. The ones that do will most likely have their own take.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Yoda's Species Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:
...Homeworld: Unknown
DEXTERITY 2D/4D
KNOWLEDG 2D/4D
MECHANICAL 2D/4D
PERCEPTION 2D/4D
STRENGTH 2D/4D
TECHNICAL 2D/4D...

I personally find that in the advanced years of my fandom, some Star Wars questions really don't need answered.

Couldn't agree with you more. I believe that is why Lucasfilm directed WEG and IP licensees not to develop stats for the species in question.

Whill wrote:
The only reason to have species stats would be to have new NPCs or PCs of this species, and are any GMs really wanting to do that?

Again I agree, but the stats were a request by someone else I just provided them.

Whill wrote:
Other than short stature, long-lived, and rare, almost anything about the species would a guess. I wouldn't even say they are all Force-sensitive. Maybe it is just the case that only the Force-sensitive ones that survived the death of their species, whatever that was.

Yeah we are still tracking. I made changed to the write-up after I posted it. Surprisingly, the stuff you mentioned, I circled back to after initially creating the stats. Take a look now, I think you will agree the updates stats are much better.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has a more personality to it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree that the mystery of whatever species Yoda is should be left as juat that, the Baby Yoda phenomenon was bound to draw
eyes to species stats. I like the stat block for what it is and really appreciate shootingwomprats heroic efforts to provide stats for
virtually anything and everything just because someone asked or it wasn't statted before.

I don't know if I'll use them. I'll definitely add them to my stat hoard though.

Keep up the awesome work...Both of you Smile
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're both the b@st@rd* child of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.

And, as it's Miss Piggy, they're both b@st@rd*.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really glad that you didn't add a Force bonus, as I'm sure several people would be tempted to do.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my mention of a certain small, green Mandalorian character get censored? Is...is that still a spoiler Laughing
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
Did my mention of a certain... character get censored? Is...is that still a spoiler Laughing

For now, yes. I think you'd have to live under a rock to not have heard about 'that certain character' by now, but I have seen people on the internet get really upset about anything from The Mandalorian to be spoiled, including the mere species of that phenomenon character.

Please see this post about updating the Spoiler policy. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG that got censored too. That is hilarious Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, no worries Whill, I was surprised and just found it funny as it's the first time it's happened to one of my posts Laughing
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:

Oh, no worries Whill, I was surprised and just found it funny as it's the first time it's happened to one of my posts Laughing

I'd ask what's going on here, but first, I have yet to see the Mandalorian - financial constraints. Second, I don't want to get censored either.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any of it either Forceally beyond reaction videos to certain parts, so I get the spoiler thingy. I was just suprised
but I totally get it from Whill's perspective and it doesn't bother me
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally uncanon statement:

Yoda's species is known as the Ys. This is both an allusion to Ys and to their semi-canon name, "Yoda's Species".
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:

Laughing

Forceally wrote:
I'd ask what's going on here, but first, I have yet to see the Mandalorian - financial constraints. Second, I don't want to get censored either.

Too late. Since the thread title is "Yoda's Species," referring to The Mandalorian gives away that that there is a character of "Yoda's species" in The Mandalorian.

Wink
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: