The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Hacks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> D6 Hacks Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not surprised to read that you used to write Choose Your Own Adventure books. Awesome.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too used to love the Narnia books as a kid.

For a modern D6 system, I've run a few games using Into the Shadows, which is completely free.

Even if you're not into horror, pulp, weird science or the like, it's an excellent source of modern vehicles, weapons, and monsters or creatures.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Thanks for the link, Doug! I'm going to throw Mulder and Scully into my Vampire game.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimace wrote:
I was a huge fan of the concept of Choose Your Own Adventure books. I was able to own only one of them... "The Mystery at Chimney Rock", which I played over and over again.

I think I played a couple others once only, as they weren't mine.

So this concept of the Narnia Solo game interests me, if only for the novelty of owning something that was a part of my childhood. One of those books was available on Amazon for the reasonable price of 9 dollars, so I purchased it. I was not going to pay the 249 or 886 dollars for the other two books that Amazon was selling in the series.

$9 is the right price, IMO. As I said, they're not fantastic, but they were wonderful inspiration. I had fun with a single playthrough. Granted it's geared for children, so I would never pay hundreds of dollars for one.

But, since I have a set in a slip case, at least I know what to do if I'm hard up for cash.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Nice! Thanks for the link, Doug! I'm going to throw Mulder and Scully into my Vampire game.

Glad to help! Love that you're introducing M&S into your game (The X-Files is my favorite entertainment franchise) Cool
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Raven Redstar wrote:

Glad to help! Love that you're introducing M&S into your game (The X-Files is my favorite entertainment franchise) Cool

The truth is out there...
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Raven Redstar wrote:

I like X-Files. I haven't seen the latest season yet. I think I may watch that when I finish ST Voyager (I didn't see much of it back then and I'm on the final season). But I also haven't seen Picard s1 or Discovery s3 yet.

Doug, do you like Fringe? That is my fave TV series of all time.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Fringe, but I didn't think it was as good as TXF. John Noble's character was absolutely brilliant, though. I never associated you with Fringe before, but just yesterday I was poking around for the D6 Holocron site and stumbled across the D6 Online 3.0 site (which I'd never seen before) and noticed your posts there (with the icon of an Observer).

Picard was an excellent show, and Discovery has continued to improve as it's gone along, IMV.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About D6 Online. When the official WEG forums closed, a personal friend of the then-WEG owner started the WEG Fan Forums, which the WEG owner "blessed" as the unofficial official legacy of the WEG forums. The friend wanted out and transferred ownership to another user who changed it to the WEG Fansite, and D6 Online after D6 went OGL. I'm been a moderator on that site since the fan forum days.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons of ST Discovery, the second even more than the first. They may be the best seasons of any Trek show I've seen (Enterprise s4 currently holds the title because I can't compare complete and incomplete series). I never saw DS9 and Voyager back then, so in recent years I've been going through those. I finished DS9 and now I am nearing the end of Voyager. Then I'll go back to modern Trek and catch up.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: