The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Sustained Fire Weaponry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Sustained Fire Weaponry Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
How's about the damage get's capped at say 4d above base?

Sounds kinda arbitrary to me...

Anyway, to get to +4D using my progression method, the shooter would have to make sustained attacks for 16 rounds, then 32 rounds to get to +5D and so on and so forth. If the PC wants to keep pushing it, the GM has other options.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argentsaber wrote:
For what it's worth, I generally use a system based on the capital guns table, where the number of continuous rounds is used as the "number of guns" and just apply the bonus. I also use die caps though, so this might need adjustment if you use the "more dice" method of scale instead.

Well, that's... basically exactly what I'm doing. The only difference is in the specifics of the capital guns table and how the numbers ramp up.

Argentsaber
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Argentsaber wrote:
For what it's worth, I generally use a system based on the capital guns table, where the number of continuous rounds is used as the "number of guns" and just apply the bonus. I also use die caps though, so this might need adjustment if you use the "more dice" method of scale instead.

Well, that's... basically exactly what I'm doing. The only difference is in the specifics of the capital guns table and how the numbers ramp up.

I see that, just wanted to chime in as I've seen this work in practice. The doubling seems to work as well, although my version has been used for three characters working together with proton mining beams (with the total number of weapon/rounds being applied to the table). I presume the same would work in your concept?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argentsaber wrote:
The doubling seems to work as well, although my version has been used for three characters working together with proton mining beams (with the total number of weapon/rounds being applied to the table). I presume the same would work in your concept?

Well, without taking a deep dive into how the numbers stack up, it seems to follow. Simply multiplying the number of characters coordinating across multiple rounds works just as well as a simple arithmetic progression.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I wrote up my version of the Hammerhead Corvette from Rogue One, I sort of ad-libbed the rules for pushing / tugging larger objects, but it occurs to me that the sustained fire rules could also be applied here, applying tractive force over the course of multiple rounds (and potentially with the use of multiple craft). The bare bones version I'm considering is using the Ramming rules (pg. 110 of 2R&E), which is then stacked with the number of consecutive rounds of applied force. I still need to work on the conversion formulas, but the core principle is sound, IMO.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in seeing what you come up with.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: