The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

CIS Mobile Command Center
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> CIS Mobile Command Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:24 am    Post subject: CIS Mobile Command Center Reply with quote

For the most part I am very happy with this. I know there will be some who feel this should be walker or starfighter scale and I did think about this, but instead decided to just use character scale, that way no math.

Quote:
C-9979 landing crafts had a complement of one mobile command center, and for the Separatist Droid Army's operations on Maridun and Felucia, the landing crafts' mobile command center contained within its walls a single Separatist command center, which was overseen by B1-series battle droids.

The mobile command bases were walled outposts that were large enough to house a single C-9979 landing craft, a Sheathipede-class transport shuttle, a single Separatist command center, as well as three Armored Assault Tank Mk Is, several B1-series battle droids, B2-series super battle droids, and DSD1 dwarf spider droids, while still maintaining enough space for cargo. A single mobile command center couold be taken apart and stored aboard a C-9979.

Type: Prefab-modular base
Scale: Walker
Cost: Not available for sale
Availability: X
Body Strength: 6D
Weapons
4 Laser Cannons
-- Fire Arc: 1 (front, left), 1 (front, right), 1 (left, rear), 1 (right, rear)
-- Scale: Speeder
-- Skill: Blaster artillery
-- Fire Control: 2D
-- Range: 10-100/500/1 km
-- Damage: 5D+2
Game Notes: A prefab-modular base that can be erected in 8-10 hours, forming a 200 meter square facility with 10 meter high walls and a single vehicle-sized entrance/exit. Along top inside perimeter of the base walls is walkway. Droid searchlights are placed four per section of wall. Each corner has a weapons tower with a blaster emplacement.
Sources: Stats by Emperor Ollie

Appearances: SW:TCW 114 "Defenders of Peace", SW:TCW 320 "Citadel Rescue", SW:TCW 321 "Padawan Lost"

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this is cool. I haven't seen any stats for this thing anywhere else. Yoink Smile

Thanks for posting it.

I think it's fine as tough character scale, makes it easier for Jedi to Lightsaber their way through the walls.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh...

For something this size, wouldn’t it be just as easy under the RAW to say it’s either 2D Starfighter-Scale or 4D Walker-Scale, then apply Scale modifiers accordingly? Don’t forget, if you make it Character-Scale, anything trying to shoot it gets penalized by Scale modifiers as though it were a character.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, is it your contention that a starfighter shooting at this thing should suffer a -6D penalty to Gunnery, all so a PC trying to cut/blast through the wall won’t have to add 2 + 6?

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Seriously, is it your contention that a starfighter shooting at this thing should suffer a -6D penalty to Gunnery, all so a PC trying to cut/blast through the wall won’t have to add 2 + 6?

Though I did not state it in the original post:

Quote:
I know there will be some who feel this should be walker or starfighter scale and I did think about this, but instead decided to just use character scale, that way no math.

My thought was that a building is static, it does not dodge and it makes no attacks, it stands in one place. The only benefits of scale then are 1. the bonus to soak damage, and 2. the attackers bonus to hit it.

Hmmmm ... seems I did not complete this idea to its end. Okay, I was wrong, its walker scale.

Scale: Walker
Body Strength: 6D

Observations are its soak is equal to an AT-AT's main weapon, +1D to am AT-TE's main weapon. Versus starfighters is has a 4D which isn't bad. When it comes to character scale, ranged weapons will be ineffective and any explosive other than a thermal detonator (10D) would be ineffective as well.

I think this works. Thoughts?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good.

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Looks good.

Thank you, I sincerely appreciate the observations you shared. It made me go back and examine an idea that I did not finish and it ended up not working. Thank you again!
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help. Helping spot what our fellows may have missed is one of the big advantages of being part of a creative community. I have been the recipient many times over the years, and it's a pleasure to reciprocate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: