The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ardana Shadex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Ardana Shadex
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:50 am    Post subject: Ardana Shadex Reply with quote

With last months Kong vs Godzilla and interest in big monster movies, I liked the idea of this. Toss in some lost civilization vibe and away you go. As always, if I missed something, if it doesn't make sense, if he could be done better, please post and let me know.

Quote:
Ardana Shadex
Immense stone giants crafted by an ancient mysterious species of the Inner Rim planet Simocadia. Being technologically advanced, the species crafted stone giants and used their superior bulk to wage wars across the planet's surface. At some point, the species suddenly and mysteriously vanished, and the Ardana Shadex went underground and remained there ever since. The Mosciive species later rose to prominence on Simocadia, and their scholars grew obsessed with finding the ancient colossi.

During the Clone Wars one Ardana Shadex was found and excavated by the Prince Yojan, who planned to activate it and use it to destroy the agrocite mines which made Simocadia a point of interest for both the Republic and the Separatists. Using the glass key, the Prince activated the giant. However, the Jedi Master Mace Windu attempted to stop him and damaged the key, which made the giant uncontrollable. The two decided to work together to disable the enormous machine: the Jedi went to retrieve the key, while the Prince went inside the Ardana Shadex through its mouth and hit the dead switch. The resulting explosions destroyed the giant, killing the prince who was still inside it.

After the Battle of Simocadia, the Republic took possession of the Ardana Shadex to study the ancient technology. This angered the Mosciive, who resented the Republic for the battle's devastation and accused them of stealing a piece of Simocadia's history.

Ardana Shadex
Type: Ancient Behemoth of Destruction
DEXTERITY 1D
KNOWLEDGE 1D
MECHANICAL 0D
PERCEPTION 1D
STRENGTH 10D
TECHNICAL 0D
Equipped With:
-Humanoid appearance (two arms, 2 legs, head)
-Walker scale (due to its size, the Ardana Shadex is considered walker-scale)
-Reach (due to its size, the Ardana Shadex has a reach of 30 meters)
-Two visual and auditory sensors
-Input port (insert the "glass key" to input instructions to the Ardana Shadex)
-Kill switch (requires the "glass key" to activate setting off internal explosions rendering it inoperative)
Move: 28; 80 kmh
Size: 63.75 meters
Cost: Not available for sale
Programming: None
Game Notes: A coding matrix is used to imprint instructions on the "glass key" which are uploaded to the Ardana Shadex through an input port located on the back of it's neck. Access to the interior of the Ardana Shadex is through the mouth.
Appearances: C. The Clone Wars Volume 4: The Colossus of Destiny

Source: Stats by Emperor Ollie

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn thing looks like the Iron Giant.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:

No it doesn't. See, this one has tribal tatoos and the Iron Giant doesn't. See, nothing alike at all.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

No it doesn't. See, this one has tribal tatoos and the Iron Giant doesn't. See, nothing alike at all.

This conversation reminds me of that scene in Band of Brothers just before they find the concentration camp:

Quote:
(*During the patrol, just before they find the concentration camp, the group is talking while walking through a forest.*)

Perconte: Does this kind of remind you of Bastogne?

Luz (with a bemused look): Oh yeah, now that you mention it. Except, of course, there's no snow, we got warm grub in our bellies, and the trees aren't f*cking exploding from Kraut artillery, but yeah, Frank, other than that, it's a lot like Bastogne.

Perconte: Right?

Luz: Bull, smack him for me please?

(*Bull dope-slaps Perconte*)

Luz: Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: