The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star System: Every Star A Destination/new book of adventures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Star System: Every Star A Destination/new book of adventures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been a longtime shopper at DriveThru. They're very reliable according to my experience.

Oh, and hi guys, long time no see. Cool
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I've always been a longtime shopper at DriveThru. They're very reliable according to my experience.

Welcome back!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

Welcome back!

Thank you, thank you. Been busy the last few months editing a Freespace mod over at Hard Light Productions. Namely, Exile: Into the Dark Waters. Been working on the damn thing since February and I think I might be about halfway done with it. Confused Shocked
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, after spending most of the summer operating in survival economy mode, I'm once again back at work (which has had a positive effect on my bank account and an inverse effect on the amount of time I have available to post new stuff to the Pit). Which means I was finally able to put in my order for this book. pdf just downloaded, but it's unlikely I'll see the actual hard copy before Christmas.

Has anyone looked at the other Star System products? And if so, would you recommend any of them for additional purchase, and why?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Has anyone looked at the other Star System products? And if so, would you recommend any of them for additional purchase, and why?

Every Star A Destination is the first and so far only Star System product. They have said more are on the way. I'll probably get them.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Every Star A Destination is the first and so far only Star System product. They have said more are on the way. I'll probably get them.

Odd. I did a search for Star System at Drive Thru RPG and it popped up quite a few results, but I didn't really look too closely.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some free items like character sheets and such, but those come with the purchase—They are not separate items for sale.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Odea Ionstrike
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were *previous* Star System products but they were "any system" keyed. They were small adventures, one shots, etc. Not near the same quality as the Every Star book. They've been pulled off DriveThru at this time.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odea Ionstrike wrote:
There were *previous* Star System products but they were "any system" keyed. They were small adventures, one shots, etc. Not near the same quality as the Every Star book. They've been pulled off DriveThru at this time.

Thank you, Ionstrike. That explains why there is a "Star System" category, but only this one product in it. I wonder if they were pulled because they are going to be rereleased in D6 form. They could compile them.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Star System: Every Star A Destination Reply with quote

Copied this from a new thread...

The Brain wrote:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/320518/Star-System-Every-Star-A-Destination?term=every+star

I have come across this at DriveThru RPG. Has anyone bought it? I'm hesitant mostly due to the price of the pdf being as much as the print version that seems kind of price gougeish to me. Also from the description one of the adventures sounds a bit preachy something to do with space whales or some such. Anyway any opinions on the book?

It's great! There is a wide variety of adventures so some may be better than others. Go back to the top of this thread for more discussion about it.

I had the opposite point of view on the pricing. I thought the print version was a great deal being the same cost as the PDF. Guess my blue milk is half full. But if you compare to softcover WEG books back in the 90s (when print was the only option) and run those prices through an inflation calculator, this book isn't a bad price. I'd pause at the print price if it was the supposed normal price of $50, but I think $25 is a good deal for what it is. If WEG Star Wars was a band, they got the band back together for this.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/320518/Star-System-Every-Star-A-Destination?term=every+star

I have come across this at DriveThru RPG. Has anyone bought it? I'm hesitant mostly due to the price of the pdf being as much as the print version that seems kind of price gougeish to me. Also from the description one of the adventures sounds a bit preachy something to do with space whales or some such. Anyway any opinions on the book?

Personally, I think it's well worth the money. The price is more than fair for what you're getting (and I got the print version, of course). It reads like Instant Adventures which is, IMO, one of the most practical guides for adventures in the SW line.

We actually had the editor (former WEG editor Eric Trauttman) come on to our podcast to talk about the book.

https://geekatarms.podbean.com/e/geek-at-arms-episode-35-talking-star-wars-rpgs-and-more-with-eric-trautmann/
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad for the reminder of this, as I'd meant to snag it back when I first listened to the podcast, but then forgot all about it.
Chord
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked this up today as part of their Sci-Fi sale, the PDF looks great (can't wait for the book itself).

I'd love for them to put together a campaign setting that has all these planets/systems mapped out etc. My group wants a break from SW and generic D6 Space setting is just what the doctor ordered.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine last week, but have barely looked through it. I love what I've seen so far, and will probably try to incorporate it into my SW game.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Gareth Skarka on Facebook today:

Quote:
Glad to hear that you liked it, folks! You'll be happy to know that we here at Adamant Entertainment are hard at work on more STAR SYSTEM releases, featuring veteran D6 creators from the West End Games days.

Next up will be another adventure anthology, geared towards the more criminal variety of characters:

STAR SYSTEM: THESE LAWLESS SKIES

and

Quote:
Let us know the kind of stuff you guys would like to see!

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: