The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Clone Wars (7 Seasons) - Original Spoiler Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Clone Wars (7 Seasons) - Original Spoiler Thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished a 3-week marathon of watching The Clone Wars in chronological order on Disney+, finishing up with S7Ep12 "Victory and Death" last night.

Wow!

So now I know how Ahsoka survived Order 66 and holy jeebus that wasn't pretty. It was awesome, but damn, it was visceral, too. The last four episodes was a gutpunch, but nothing less would have been appropriate for Order 66.

I'm looking forward to The Bad Batch; I want to see if they're working for the Empire or if they really were allowed to leave the Imperial Army and become freelance mercenaries... Just who are they going to be fighting in the Imperial era besides proto-Rebels?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I'm looking forward to The Bad Batch; I want to see if they're working for the Empire or if they really were allowed to leave the Imperial Army and become freelance mercenaries... Just who are they going to be fighting in the Imperial era besides proto-Rebels?

They won't be allowed to freelance by the Empire. I fully expect them to go awol from the Empire when they realize the Empire is bad. So maybe the A-team in space.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject: The Bad Batch Reply with quote

The Bad Batch - new trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsOmYpP4UDU

Quote:
TARKIN: I want Clone Force 99 found and wiped out.

This confirms they will be on the run from the Empire.

I noticed the voice of Ming-Na Wen who plays Fennec Shand in The Mandalorian s2 and the upcoming Book of Boba Fett. I guess it was officially announced a younger version of the character would appear on this show but I had missed that.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the trailer. FREAKING SWEEEET!!!

The Bad Batch has officially become the A-Team of Star Wars, and Tarkin has become the colonel who pursued them in the TV series. Now we just need the following lines to make it official.

The leader of the team: "I love it when a plan comes together."

Wrecker: "SHUT UP, FOOL!"
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:

The Bad Batch has officially become the A-Team of Star Wars, and Tarkin has become the colonel who pursued them in the TV series. Now we just need the following lines to make it official.

Wrecker could hate space travel!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Forceally wrote:

So who will be the one to punch Wrecker unconscious every time they have to get on a starship? Tech doesn't strike me as a puncher, Crosshair is a long-range guy and Echo can't punch anyone because he doesn't even have a fist anymore. So who's left? Looks like Hunter draws the short straw.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
Forceally wrote:

So who will be the one to punch Wrecker unconscious every time they have to get on a starship? Tech doesn't strike me as a puncher, Crosshair is a long-range guy and Echo can't punch anyone because he doesn't even have a fist anymore. So who's left? Looks like Hunter draws the short straw.

Tech shoots him with a tranquilizer. Every time.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
Forceally wrote:

Tech shoots him with a tranquilizer. Every time.

Yeah, that makes sense. Confused
Whill

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the new dedicated thread: The Bad Batch [Spoilers Allowed]
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been over a year since TCW ended. We just finished our rewatch of the first and last four episodes of season 7, and then I just reread this thread. I clearly held back because I never mentioned these things about the "RotS" arc of/conclusion to TCW...

Setting aside Ki-Adi-Mundi's kool-aid, the Jedi learning in advance of RotS of the clone biochip which caused a clone to try to kill Jedi, and the many other nonsensicalities between TCW movie and the end of the TV series, here are the Top 20 stupidest things about the final 4-episode arc of TCW:

(1) Maul didn't know all the details, but he knew the broad strokes of the grand Sith vision, plus Chancellor Palpatine and Count Dooku's secret identities as Sith Lords, even divining Palpatine's plans for Dooku and Anakin. Maul hated both Palpatine and Dooku, but never used his greatest weapon against them, his knowledge of these Sith secrets. Maul could have easily destroyed Palpatine by presenting an irrefutable case to the Jedi of Palpatine's Sith identity who would then send much more than four masters to arrest Palpatine, game over. No one to issue Order 66, Anakin doesn't betray the Jedi, and the Republic survives, possibly still having Dooku and Maul to deal with. The only motivation Maul would have to keep the Sith's secret would be if the Sith and Jedi did not know of his survival/resurrection, and Maul thought he would do better scheming in the shadows, waiting for Palpatine to fall (which seems much more in line with Maul in Solo). Instead, Maul kept the Sith secrets, eventually revealed himself to the galaxy, and just wanted to kill Anakin just so Palpatine couldn't have him. Huh?

(2) Ahsoka Troopers are horrible. Aside from how stupid they look, the clones shouldn't just assume that Ahsoka Tano talking to Kenobi meant that she was returning to the Grand Army, or that she would be leading them on any mission. It just happened to kind of end up that way by the convolution of Obi-Wan approving Rex getting a field promotion and assigning him some forces to help the Mandalorians against Maul, with Ahsoka being attached as an advisor. Bonus stupidity, the clone telling Rex he would be demoted before being executed and Rex making a joke that he didn't like being a commander anyway, just to try to jive with them still calling him captain and not commander in Rebels (like the Alliance has to honor Republic ranks anyway). And if an organization was really going to bother with formally reducing rank of a traitor immediately before executing them, wouldn't they strip all rank and not only the last field promotion?

(3) Did Ahsoka learn her selfishness and narrow sightedness from Master Anakin (Who could have possibly envisioned that his bad traits would rub off on any apprentice? But I digress). Ahsoka criticizes Kenobi for ignoring her plea to help Mandalore deal with Maul, when he had already told them that Coruscant was under attack by Dooku and Grievous. She doesn't know anything about Palpatine's manipulations but says they are only going to help Palpatine. Do TCW fans not question characters acting on in-universe information they don't have just because fans know the metaplot? There are like a trillion people on Coruscant, so the planet being under attack is way more important than Maul or Mandalore. Despite them trying to portray Ahsoka as being more mature, she acted like a winey little brat. But her acting like Anakin and Luke made her more enjoyable as a character because default to what we know? I would have made more sense if she had agreed with Kenobi and told Bo-Katan, 'Sorry but Coruscant is more important,' but that would defeat the plots of RotS and this TCW story arc.

(4) Anakin's assignment to spy on Palpatine was so top-secret that it couldn't even be mentioned in the high council meeting. From RotS it is not even certain that the entire high council was even in on it. It could have been as tight as only Windu, Yoda, and Obi-Wan even knowing about it. But here, Obi-Wan just blurts all this out to Ahsoka over a hologram. Ridiculous. And her objection, it's not like everyone in the galaxy thought Palpatine was a sinless messiah. Was she groomed to be a Sith apprentice too? A more realistic reaction would be more along the lines of, 'Yeah he shady.'

(5) An extension of the RotS council scene where Windu, Mundi and Yoda are talking about the chancellor and taking control of the Senate shows that they were discussing this on an unsecure open holonet channel while they were waiting on Ahsoka to join their call. Absolutely ridiculous! And after they catch her up on the RotS plot, then Windu is all like, oh, we can't discuss this with you because you are just a citizen. <facepalm>

(6) Maul was conscious in that contraption they imprisoned him. I would think that any effective Force-user cage would have to keep the captive unconscious because they could still use the Force from inside it. Maybe Dave Filoni thinks you can't use the Force if you can't wave your hand? To keep Maul imprisoned, I would keep him in a medically induced coma, just to be safe.

(7) Ahsoka senses Anakin's betrayal, apparently hearing RotS dialogue and sound effects in her mind. She must be even more powerful than Yoda. Stupid.

(8) Before acting on Order 66, Rex has enough resistance to his inhibitor chip to give Ahsoka a clue to research the clone who had discovered that the biochip may have some ulterior purpose other than making clones less independent than Jango Fett. He was a 'reg'. What would make him special to have any resistance? Commander Cody, the only named clone in live action, was totally obedient without question or delay.

(9) Why would any clones attack Ahsoka? Order 66 was to kill Jedi because the Jedi Order had betrayed the Republic. They all knew that Ahsoka was no longer a member of the Jedi Order. After Rex later gets his biochip removed, he even tries to use the reasoning on the rest of the clones that Ahsoka was not a Jedi but they refuse to relent, which is this show highlighting why this is so stupid. If Order 66 included former Jedi, then they would have also had to attack Anakin Vader on Coruscant. Or did Palpatine call that ship real quick to also issue Order 67, kill all former Jedi?

(10) Why would Rex suddenly order the clones to kill Maul? They all knew Maul was not, and had never been, a Jedi. Did Palpatine call him and tell him to also execute Order 68, kill all former Sith Lords too?

(11) So Ahsoka didn't want to kill clones, but she was ok with setting an evil renegade Sith lord loose, who surely would kill clones or anyone else to escape. Yoda and Obi-Wan killed clones to get into the Jedi temple on Coruscant, but they wouldn't let a Sith Lord walk free without making an attempt to stop them. Ahsoka sure didn't belong in the Jedi Order.

(12) Ahsoka had Anakin's password, and used it to access restricted files. Ugh.

(13) Rex's holo-grievance said he suspected that the inhibitor chip had some ulterior purpose. Hmm, the clone whose chip had malfunctioned wanted to kill the Jedi. Hmm, I wonder what the purpose of the chip is? It's like they aren't even trying to maintain continuity with the films.

(14) Ahsoka (and an unconscious Rex) recited the Guardian's Mantra during their Vulcan Mind Meld to help the medical droid find the biochip in Rex. Umm, uh...

(15) Literally a few seconds after Ahsoka told the medical droid to put Rex under to remove the biochip, he wakes up and starts shooting at the clones that blast in, already having a bandage on the side of his head. Anesthesia, brain surgery, and recovery all happened within seconds! Ridiculous, even for space opera.

(16) Maul's 'Force Unleashed' moment of quickly destroying the ship's entire engine room with the Force was silly...

(17) ...That causes the ship to drop out of hyperspace mid-journey, and they just happen to be in a star system near a moon. Hyperspace travel doesn't work like that. You do not travel thousands of times the speed of light through a non-destination star system, at least not near massive bodies. Odds are they would have dropped out of hyperspace in interstellar space (but then there wouldn't be the drama of the ship crashing).

(18) In this whole story arc, Ahsoka was a super-Jedi, fighting off legions of clones when hundreds of Jedi Masters had already been slaughtered by far less numbers of clones. Since they already retconned Anakin out of being the Chosen One, I'm sure Ahsoka's live action TV show will establish that she was really the Chosen One all along. Ahsoka did Rey-and-Kylo Maul's escape shuttle, so maybe she will be Palpatine's grandaughter too.

(19) I get they were going for epic climactic action, but Rex flying a Y-Wing through all the falling wreckage and rescuing Ahsoka in free fall really strains disbelief suspension (I know, add it to the list).

(20) I didn't read the Ahsoka novel which came out a few years before TCW season 7, but apparently this final 4-episode arc of TCW has a lot of discontinuities with it. Here in this new canon where everything is supposed to be equally canon.

I have concluded that fans of this show are simply bigger Star Wars fans than me. The TCW kool-aid taste just like bantha p!ss to me so I'm just not worthy of being king of the nerds. I'm feel more like the Denethor of nerds, the flaming madman of Star Wars fandom.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: MAUL Reply with quote

https://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/tv/new-star-wars-animated-series-to-focus-on-darth-mauls-shenanigans-exclusive/

There are rumors of a TCW-spinoff series centered on Maul and Crimson Dawn in development, bridging the gap between TCW and Solo, and that it will feature the voice of Paul Bettany (Dryden Vos). Sounds horrible.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: