The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TRoS, The Sequel Trilogy & The Skywalker Saga
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> TRoS, The Sequel Trilogy & The Skywalker Saga Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

TauntaunScout wrote:
Anyways back to the SEQUELS... My daughter likes to put her hair into a row of Rey nubbins, and run around the back yard with a staff fighting imaginary things. She also makes her own Captain Phasma action figure by putting Luke/Han's stormtrooper helmet on princess Leia.

My gods, man! Get that girl an actual Captain Phasma figure!

Well technically she says it's "Princess Leia disguised as Captain Phasma".

Honestly 3.75" sequel figs are annoying to find at reasonable price. Probably because they didn't make a 3.75" line for the last movie.

Edit: FINE Whill, I just now went on Amazon and got the Phasma/Finn two pack for $10. It's Officer Disguise Finn, so he also works for generic imperial officer from The Correct Trilogy.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a good dad.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happen to be in the midst of a 30 day free prime trial. An ideal time to order annoying little things like that. Usually I find POT2, Prequel, etc. figures for reasonable prices but shipping is a killer.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, Prime is worth every penny I pay for the annual subscription, and a lot more.

Unfortunately they probably don't make a figure of Phasma where you can remove her helmet, and she can put it on Leia. But at least she will have an actual Phasma. They probably made a Boushh with removable helmet...
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did have a Leia Boushh with removable helmet. I remember having the figure sometime back in the 90s.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muck like a big communal tub of Lincoln Logs or LEGO, my kids have a big communal tub of Star Wars figures. Mostly POTF2, with some sequel stuff thrown in because it was a good deal, and *shudder* Darth Maul and Padme because they wouldn't stop asking for them. There's also 4 unposable, 3.75", figures from some weird highly limited line Disney just made. A POTF2 Millenium Falcon serves as an all-purpose playset for these, as Kenner Falcons have since the dawn of time

Within that collection, there's Luke & Han as stormtroopers, Boushh, Skiff Guard Lando, 2 Darth Vaders with removable helmet, and numerous other figures with removable accessories.

Despite rejecting all dolls out of hand, my daughter seems to consider rearranging the outfits to be the main purpose of action figures. So she has pretty much come up with every possible combination of cape/helmet/weapon. If no other parts can be changed, she'll hand Leia someone's weapon, and say it's Leia disguised as them.

This is also pretty much how she plays with Playmobil. She just likes to endlessly rearrange the removable capes/hats/etc. from the figures, so I got her this for Christmas: https://www.playmobil.us/costume-shop/9847.html

Captain Phasma is pretty much a female Boba Fett. Has a suit of armor, seems dangerous and mysterious, then falls down a pit.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kids are making me watch the prequels. They cannot follow the convoluted plots of them in the least: since I haven't seen them in decades I'm not much help with their questions. My 3 year old agrees that the CGI is overdone in his simple childlike way: he shared the observation that "This movie is real people AND cartoons!".

Probably gonna have to pony up for some more prequel action figures.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
"This movie is real people AND cartoons!"

So true. As opposed to the classic films which are, "This movie is real people and muppets."
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://collider.com/jj-abrams-star-wars-sequel-trilogy-plan-comments/

JJ Abrams was specifically asked about the campfire chain story method of the DT, and he responded, "the lesson is that you have to plan things as best you can... I do think that there’s nothing more important than knowing where you’re going... having a plan I have learned – in some cases the hard way – is the most critical thing, because otherwise you don’t know what you’re setting up. You don’t know what to emphasize. Because if you don’t know the inevitable of the story, you’re just as good as your last sequence or effect or joke or whatever, but you want to be leading to something inevitable."

Quote:
I'm glad you're here to tell us these things. Chewie, take the professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
https://collider.com/jj-abrams-star-wars-sequel-trilogy-plan-comments/

JJ Abrams was specifically asked about the campfire chain story method of the DT, and he responded, "the lesson is that you have to plan things as best you can... I do think that there’s nothing more important than knowing where you’re going... having a plan I have learned – in some cases the hard way – is the most critical thing, because otherwise you don’t know what you’re setting up. You don’t know what to emphasize. Because if you don’t know the inevitable of the story, you’re just as good as your last sequence or effect or joke or whatever, but you want to be leading to something inevitable."

Quote:
I'm glad you're here to tell us these things. Chewie, take the professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!

LOL. That's awesome. Great smash-cut to Han there. Very Happy
itsmrwilson
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I would have forgiven a lot of the absolute absurdity of the plot devices in TRoS if it had at least served good character development.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly JJ Abrams reminds me of effing Johnny Depp as Ed Wood. "Audiences don't care about the little details!"
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Pippi88J/status/1448825403762749443/photo/1

Check out that image of a deleted tweet on an official Disney account. The red flag thing is a "red flag" warning trend going on right now. In case no hablas espanol, it means, "The final Star Wars trilogy is the best." So the joke is that anyone saying that should be a red flag about the person. It was retweeted 20,000 times before it was deleted. Hilarious.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
https://twitter.com/Pippi88J/status/1448825403762749443/photo/1

Check out that image of a deleted tweet on an official Disney account. The red flag thing is a "red flag" warning trend going on right now. In case no hablas espanol, it means, "The final Star Wars trilogy is the best." So the joke is that anyone saying that should be a red flag about the person. It was retweeted 20,000 times before it was deleted. Hilarious.

I'd agree with this employee who tweeted this: presumably this came after they'd already handed in their resignation. I am immediately wary of the opinions of anyone doesn't view the original trilogy as the best. They've probably got the artistic palate of a kindergartner.

Now, the films (or other art) I view as "best" is not necessarily the same as what I like the most. Similarly should be able to accept that by pretty much any metric (accessibility, gas mileage, safety, etc) classic cars are terrible automobiles, but one can also very easily accept someone LIKING them a great deal.

For that matter I can accept that kale is a superior part of the diet to Coca-Cola but guess which one I LIKE better?
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saga continuation we have been given with the sequal trillogy I was wondering after basically forcing my self to watch it again if maybe the story is not all that bad, if we had four or five movies and not three.

I really don't see tfa as a disaster, it could have been better naturally but if we had a movie in between that and the last jedi, and then a movie between tlj and rise of skywalker, allowing more of "missing" story elements to have been told, could this to a larger degree have saved the squals?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: