The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The High Republic: A Test of Courage v1.3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> The High Republic: A Test of Courage v1.3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 1:19 am    Post subject: The High Republic: A Test of Courage v1.3 Reply with quote

Book previously released that could use some editorial looksy.

The High Republic: A Test of Courage v1.3 (2021-May-29)

Links to Source Books to be Proofread.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you post the right work? Or establish the right link? I downloaded it, and I got The High Republic - Light of the Jedi Vehicles & Ships v0.1. I'll make any comments about the ships and vehicles, but maybe you should change the title of this thread and attempt to post the Test of Courage one in a different thread.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Did you post the right work? Or establish the right link? I downloaded it, and I got The High Republic - Light of the Jedi Vehicles & Ships v0.1. I'll make any comments about the ships and vehicles, but maybe you should change the title of this thread and attempt to post the Test of Courage one in a different thread.

Yes, I must have clicked the wrong file. I have corrected it now. Thank you for letting me know.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have attached the wrong file, but I think it's still a good idea to make the erroneous file available for review on these threads.

One thing - on all of your works, you have Miscellanea instead of Miscellaneous. Is that an error on your part, or is that a plural form of Miscellaneous. If it's the latter, I've never heard of it before.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One thing - on all of your works, you have Miscellanea instead of Miscellaneous. Is that an error on your part, or is that a plural form of Miscellaneous. If it's the latter, I've never heard of it before.

There's no need to to ask someone here if a word you've never heard of is correct. Just google it... Miscellaneous is an adjective. Miscellanea is a noun meaning "a collection of miscellaneous items."

And maybe you've never heard of it, but I'm sure you've seen it. We have a forum named Miscellanea right under the General Star Wars forum.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at this right now.

Table of contents
Avon Starro;s Scoot Speeder - should be Avon Starros' Scoot Speeder. Same mistake later in the work.

Imri Cantaros
It should be scholar: Jedi lore.

You seem to be shifting between lightsaber repair and lightsaber repair/engineering. Also, there are times you have sense force when it should be sense Force.

Douglas Sunvale
It should be scholar: Jedi lore. You have melee combat 6D+2 listed twice.
You have administration and teaching. For the first, the closest skill there is to it is business administration. As for teaching, maybe scholar: teaching?

Handsies
Don't you mean caustic rain and water instead of caustic rain and possibly water?

You have Force Statis when it should be Force Stasis. You have: "Roll Force user's control skill vs difficulty number and target's Strength". Shouldn't it be alter skill. You might also consider rewording the following: "the alter roll replaces the ranged target number the shooter who must roll equal or higher in order to hit." You mean the Jedi must make an alter roll against the shooter's blaster roll. If successful, the blaster shot will be caught in stasis. Right?

Is it okay I add the two powers you listed here into my Force Compendium work. I'll make certain you receive the appropriate credit for creating it.

The stats for the Pantorans - did you convert that from the Endless Vigil book from EEG or a different source?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Looking at this right now.

Awesome. Thank you so much for taking the time to look over the source book. Your help will only make it better!

All corrections made.

Forceally wrote:
It should be scholar: Jedi lore.

I chose to go with Jedi Lore as a separate skill. I thought it was easier to look at the skills that way. I know scholar is supposed to a specialized area of knowledge but it always seemed to me it was best used for scholarly pursuits. There are examples where new skills are listed as opposed to listing them under scholar. For example, mixology.

Forceally wrote:
You seem to be shifting between lightsaber repair and lightsaber repair/engineering.

Corrected this and now using lightsaber repair instead of lighstaber repair/engineering as building a lightsaber is through the direction of the Force and not just scientific understanding and design asthetics.

Forceally wrote:
Handsies
Don't you mean caustic rain and water instead of caustic rain and possibly water?

It was unclear if surface water on the moon was caustic or just the rain. It is implied the caustic rain quickly loses its acidity so it probably does not affect surface water beyond a set period of time. I removed "...possibly ...?"

Forceally wrote:
You have Force Statis when it should be Force Stasis. You have: "Roll Force user's control skill vs difficulty number and target's Strength". Shouldn't it be alter skill. You might also consider rewording the following: "the alter roll replaces the ranged target number the shooter who must roll equal or higher in order to hit." You mean the Jedi must make an alter roll against the shooter's blaster roll. If successful, the blaster shot will be caught in stasis. Right?

Rewrote it a bit for clarity.

Force Stasis
Control Difficulty: Moderate: line of sight
Alter Difficulty: Target's control or Strength (without armor)
Area of Effect (radius): 0-2 meters (+5 difficulty), 3-4 meters (+10 difficulty), 5-6 meters (+15 difficulty), 7-10 meters (+20 difficulty)
Required Powers: Absorb/dissipate energy, concentration, life detection, telekinesis
Effect: Make a Moderate control skill check modified by area of effect and compare the difference on the table below. Make an alter skill check resisted by either the target's alter or strength, whichever is better. An item in stasis will stop in place even if in the air and not move until the effect ends.

The Force user may activate this power as a "reaction skill" to place a blaster bolt or other ranged physical attack into stasis — the alter roll must equal or exceed the skill roll of the attacker.

Forceally wrote:
Is it okay I add the two powers you listed here into my Force Compendium work. I'll make certain you receive the appropriate credit for creating it.

Absolutely, thank you for asking.

Forceally wrote:
The stats for the Pantorans - did you convert that from the Endless Vigil book from EEG or a different source?

No I had not, I have not started converting that source book yet. I will take a look at the mechanics presented there for the species.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things:

If you didn't make a conversion of the Pantorans, then the stats you made are original/home-brewed?

You put area of effect in the description. By putting the phrase "line of sight" in the Control difficulty, you're putting a limit to the range of the range of effect for the power. No issue with that. But why did you put in the area of effect (radius)? You're making it seem like the following may be possible - the Jedi has thirteen blaster bolts coming in from all around him, but he only sees three coming from in front of him. The others are to the sides, behind, or even above him, but he doesn't see him. He activates the power and they all freeze in midair. He calmly walks out of the target area, deactivates the power, and all the shots hit where he once was. In the old KOTOR computer game, you had the Force power tree stun - stasis - stasis field. The scenario I just described, based on you adding area of effect (radius), sounds like stasis field from the computer game. If you want to add a difficulty modifier to Control to account for the limited range of the power, do something like this:

Control Difficulty: Moderate + modifier depending on distance; limited to line of sight

Modifier table
Distance Modifier
0-2 meters +5
3-4 meters +10
5-6 meters +15
7+10 meters +20

Attempts beyond 10 meters automatically fail

Quote:
Make an alter skill check resisted by either the target's alter or strength, whichever is better. An item in stasis will stop in place even if in the air and not move until the effect ends.

Don't you mean target's control or strength? And what about blaster bolts, like what Kylo Ren did to Poe Dameron's shot in TFR?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: