The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ahsoka Source Book
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Ahsoka Source Book
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Ahsoka Source Book Reply with quote

Anyone want to help edit this source book?

Ahsoka Source Book

Links to Source Books to be Proofread.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add it to the list Laughing
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compared the stats you have for Raymus Antilles in this work with the ROTS stats. I don't have an issue with the additional skills you added. I figure he earned them in the interim between the movie and the novel. However, his con is 4D+1 in your work and 5D in the ROTS work.

If I find more, I'll let you know.

Found another case of stats not matching. This time it's for Ahsoka. I know the novel takes place long before Rebels, so the stats in the latter are going to be higher. That being said, I found a few stats that are lower in Rebels or not there at all. They'll be presented as Ahsoka novel sourcebook vs. Rebels sourcebook

Acrobatics: 7D+1 vs 6D
Melee combat: 5D+1 vs 4D
Vehicle blasters: 4D+2 vs 4D
Knowledge: 3D+1 vs 2D+1 - so all knowledge skills need to be looked at
Bureaucracy vs. Bureaucracy: Jedi Order
Mechanical: 3D+1 vs 2D+2 - so all mechanical skills need to be looked at
Perception: 3D vs 3D+2 - so all perception skills need to be looked at
Strength: 3D+1 vs 3D - so all strength skills need to be looked at

Why did you give Ahsoka rage?

Aside from those two, the only issue I see are some spacing between section titles and character names. For example on oage 7, look at the spacing between Raymus Antilles' stats and Cietra. Then look at the spacing between Cietra's description block and Fardi.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some of the stats, you have use the Raada Resistance Member stat block (p.XX). Shouldn't numbers be used in place of XX? In this case, page 35?

Remember what I said before about having Jedi lore instead of scholar: Jedi lore? Same issue here for the Raada Resistance member stat block. Only this time I'd say scholar: farming and tactics: crokin. But that's my personal opinion.

You have farm equipment operation: thresher. But in your sourcebook, you say that the thresher operates on a repulsorlift. So shouldn't it be melded with repulsorlift operation, or have it as repulsorlift operation: thresher?

I thought Jenneth Pilar was an information broker, not an Imperial officer.

Again with Selda - scholar: mixology, but again my personal opinion. Also, should having some of his limbs being replaced with prosthetics have an impact on his stats? Or has enough time passed since losing the limbs in question for him to compensate for the loss and regain any lost attribute/skill dice?

Sixth Brother: Cmmnd instead of Command.

Page 34: Imquisitor instead of Inquisitor
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I compared the stats you have for Raymus Antilles in this work with the ROTS stats. I don't have an issue with the additional skills you added. I figure he earned them in the interim between the movie and the novel. However, his con is 4D+1 in your work and 5D in the ROTS work.

Honestly, I feel the GG:RotJ version of Raymus Antilles is overly powerful, but I was trying very hard to stay with what could be considered official fan stats. I reduced his con because I do not see any examples where he woud have the skill this high. In ANH he was not convinving in the very least. As you pointed it out, I will probably return the skill to its previous level for across-the-board comparison.

Forceally wrote:
Found another case of stats not matching. This time it's for Ahsoka. I know the novel takes place long before Rebels, so the stats in the latter are going to be higher. That being said, I found a few stats that are lower in Rebels or not there at all. They'll be presented as Ahsoka novel sourcebook vs. Rebels sourcebook

When I created her stats for Star Wars Rebels I had not watched The Clone Wars. Since then I have watched the majority of The Clone Wars and feel this better exmplifies her abilities as of 18 BBY then those I created for 4 BBY. In the updated version of the Star Wars Rebels Source Book her stats will be revisited. For now, the stats in the Ahsoka Source Book should be considered official and those in Star Wars Rebels Source Book as in need of revision.

Forceally wrote:
Why did you give Ahsoka rage?

An oversight. Thank you for pointing it it, I will remove it.

Forceally wrote:
Aside from those two, the only issue I see are some spacing between section titles and character names. For example on page 7, look at the spacing between Raymus Antilles' stats and Cietra. Then look at the spacing between Cietra's description block and Fardi.

When I get a chance I will look at those again. Thank you for pointing it out.

Forceally wrote:
For some of the stats, you have use the Raada Resistance Member stat block (p.XX). Shouldn't numbers be used in place of XX? In this case, page 35?

Good catch. Now that the book is laid out I can go back and put in the page numbers where I placed holders. Again nice catch.

Forceally wrote:
Remember what I said before about having Jedi lore instead of scholar: Jedi lore?

Yes I remember. Did you read my response?

Forceally wrote:
Same issue here for the Raada Resistance member stat block. Only this time I'd say scholar: farming and tactics: crokin. But that's my personal opinion.

I remember when I deliberated on this choice. The problem arose he was good at farming and was able to gather people and he planned an unsuccessful attack on the Imperials using bad long-term tactics. I will have to revisit the write-up. I may end up giving him a low level of command: Crokin farmers or perhaps con or intimidation. He certainly is not a good tactician.

Forceally wrote:
You have farm equipment operation: thresher. But in your sourcebook, you say that the thresher operates on a repulsorlift. So shouldn't it be melded with repulsorlift operation, or have it as repulsorlift operation: thresher?

Wookieepedia wrote:
Threshers were tools used for harvesting crops ... the threshers used by the farming crews were pushed by hand, floated on repulsors, utilized coolant and were fuel-powered.

I envisioned these as similar to a roto-tiller and not something they road upong. So I did not think repulsorlift operation was appropriate, which is why I chose to use farm equipment operation instead. Sort of like requiring ground vehicle operation when operating a roto-tiller.

Forceally wrote:
I thought Jenneth Pilar was an information broker, not an Imperial officer.

wookieepedia wrote:
Jenneth Pilar was a human male Imperial officer who served the Galactic Empire during the first year of its reign. As an officer, he planned and oversaw the occupation of Raada and oppression of its farm workers so the Empire can yield more food production. After an attack on the moon's Imperial base by local rebels, including a Force-sensitive, resulting in the arrival of the Sixth Brother, an Imperial Inquisitor, Pilar fled Imperial service in an attempt to avoid potential punishment.

You might be thinking of the lame togruta who ran the cantina. I don't think he was so much an infobroker but a person who knew the community and had decent perception.

You might also be thinking of the unnamed Imperial bean counter who worked out the plan for food production on Raada. I don't believe he was named. At best he would have had accounting 5D+1, bureaucracy 4D, production planning 6D+1.

Forceally wrote:
Again with Selda - scholar: mixology, but again my personal opinion.

Good catch, I will be changing it to mixology.

Forceally wrote:
Also, should having some of his limbs being replaced with prosthetics have an impact on his stats? Or has enough time passed since losing the limbs in question for him to compensate for the loss and regain any lost attribute/skill dice?

He is not really an important character and I figured with the cybernetic augmentation he would at least have physical skills of 2D, the minimum for a human. Granted the minimum strength for a togruta is 1D, but again, with the prosthetics ... I figured I would be sure to show I am an ally to the handicapable in this new age of Disney+ inclusion =)
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You misunderstood what I mean about Selda. You gave him mixology. I would have given him scholar: mixology, buy I guess you're sticking with what you have.

As for Ahsoka's stats, maybe I should have considered the fact that the Season 1 and 2 sourcebooks for Rebels are going to be collated into a single sourcebook which will deal with all four seasons along with the various comics. When that happens, you're going to be tweaking the stats accordingly. While the amount of dice are different, she still has the same set of skills in both works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: