The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bom Vimdin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Bom Vimdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Bom Vimdin Reply with quote

Suggestions and comments always appreciated.

Quote:
Bom Vimdin
A Advozse smuggler and mercenary during the Galactic Civil War. A pessimistic, reclusive being, he has no loyalties to anyone other than himself, and cares only for his credit balance. Around 0 BBY, he was a regular at Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina in Mos Eisley, though he is widely disliked. Vimdin works for a wide array of corrupt and dishonorable officials. Vimdin prefers to work for corrupt officials, including the Galactic Empire. He is very pessimistic and territorial. Bom demands high prices for his work, but according to Han Solo, Vimdin is among the best in the smuggler business.

Bom Vimdin
Type: Elite Smuggler
DEXTERITY 3D+1
Blaster 4D, brawling parry 4D+1, dodge 6D, melee combat 4D+1, melee combat: vibroknife 6D
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Alien species 3D+2, bureaucracy 5D, business: smuggling 7D, cultures, intimidation 5D, languages 3D, law enforcement 3D+1, planetary systems 5D+2, streetwise, value 7D+2
MECHANICAL 3D+2
Astrogation 7D, repulsorlift operation 6D, space transports 7D+2, starship gunnery 4D+2
PERCEPTION 3D
Bargain 6D, con 7D, forgery: ship manifest 7D+1, forgery: transponder codes 7D, gambling 5D, hide 5D
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 5D
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Droid programming 3D+2, droid repair 3D+2, repulsorlift repair 5D+1, space transport repair 6D+2, space transport repair: XB-450 8D+1
Move: 10
CP: 15
Equipment: Blaster pistol (5D), encrypted comlink, Ruut-Fontay (modified XB-450 transport).
Appearance: F "Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope", TV "The Star Wars Holiday Special"
Source: Stats by Emperor Ollie.

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that you're not just using his existing Wanted By Cracken Legends stats.

Toward a new canon take on this character then, some suggested changes:

- Given his entry in new canon's Scum & Villainy, he seems especially willing to prey on Imperials. I'd give him a 2D boost in cultures, with a specialization in Imperial cultures, and a specialization in Imperial bureaucracy. I'd also bump up his Law enforcement and Willpower.

- From the book text and Inspector Divo's quotes, his skills also seem to be more PER and KNO based, and the crimes he's wanted for seem to reflect this too, rather than more "common" smuggler archetype MEC/DEX strengths. He's described as a tempter type, "... an amoral magnet that confuses the moral compass". (Star Wars: Scum & Villainy, p.92) I'd swap his PER and MEC die codes, and make Bargain and Con his highest skills. And add a D to Persuasion (up from his new, higher PER die code), as well as to Search.

- I'd also move a pip or two from DEX to KNO, while giving him a streetwise of *at least* 6D-7D+. As he is a renowned "Black Marketeer", I'd also give him a specialization in Black Market for business, rather than smuggling. Will further differentiate him from more of the action-based "Han Solo" mold too.

- As he escaped from a Death Star holding cell using a mysteriously-acquired explosive in new canon's Bounty Hunt, I'd give him a +1D boost in demolitions as well, and a very slight bump in grenade and hide.

- Add +1 Dark Side Point.

- Add Story Factor regarding, at least in law enforcement's eyes, Vimdin's "Keen eye for Imperials on the Edge, and a willingness to risk contact with Imperial officials." (Star Wars: Scum & Villainy, p.92)

OBSCURE CHARACTER ARCHIVE INDEX

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
Glad that you're not just using his existing Wanted By Cracken Legends stats.

To be honest, I forgot about them.

Telsij wrote:
I'd also move a pip or two from DEX to KNO, while giving him a streetwise of *at least* 6D-7D+. As he is a renowned "Black Marketeer", I'd also give him a specialization in Black Market for business, rather than smuggling. Will further differentiate him from more of the action-based "Han Solo" mold too.

Telsij wrote:
Given his entry in new canon's Scum & Villainy, he seems especially willing to prey on Imperials. I'd give him a 2D boost in cultures, with a specialization in Imperial cultures, and a specialization in Imperial bureaucracy. I'd also bump up his Law enforcement and Willpower.

Planetary systems: Imperial Remnant 6D+1?

DEXTERITY 3D
grenade 3D+2
KNOWLEDGE 3D
bureaucracy: Imperial Remnant 6D, business: black market 7D, cultures 5D, cultures: Imperial Remnant 6D, law enforcement 4D+1, streetwise 7D, willpower 4D+2

Telsij wrote:
From the book text and Inspector Divo's quotes, his skills also seem to be more PER and KNO based, and the crimes he's wanted for seem to reflect this too, rather than more "common" smuggler archetype MEC/DEX strengths. He's described as a tempter type, "... an amoral magnet that confuses the moral compass". (Star Wars: Scum & Villainy, p.92) I'd swap his PER and MEC die codes, and make Bargain and Con his highest skills. And add a D to Persuasion (up from his new, higher PER die code), as well as to Search.

Telsij wrote:
As he escaped from a Death Star holding cell using a mysteriously-acquired explosive in new canon's Bounty Hunter ...

MECHANICAL 3D
PERCEPTION 3D+2
bargain 7D, con 7D+1, hide 4D+1, persuasion 4D+2, search 4D+2

Telsij wrote:
... I'd give him a +1D boost in demolitions as well, and a very slight bump in grenade and hide.

TECHNICAL 2D+2
security 3D+2

Telsij wrote:
Add +1 Dark Side Point.

Dark Side Points: 1

Telsij wrote:
Add Story Factor regarding, at least in law enforcement's eyes, Vimdin's "Keen eye for Imperials on the Edge, and a willingness to risk contact with Imperial officials." (Star Wars: Scum & Villainy, p.92)

I am open to specific suggestions on this as I am not familiar with this part of his background and character.

Quote:
Bom Vimdin
Type: Elite Smuggler
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 4D, brawling parry 4D+1, dodge 6D, grenade 3D+2, melee combat 4D+1, melee combat: vibroknife 6D
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien species 3D+2, bureaucracy 5D, bureaucracy: Imperial Remnant 6D, business: black market 7D, cultures 5D, cultures: Imperial Remnant 6D, intimidation 5D, law enforcement 4D+1, planetary systems 5D+2, planetary systems: Imperial Remnant 6D+1, streetwise 7D+2, willpower 4D+2, value 7D+2
MECHANICAL 3D
Astrogation 7D, repulsorlift operation 6D, space transports 7D+2, starship gunnery 4D+2
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Bargain 7D, con 7D+1, forgery: ship manifest 7D+1, forgery: transponder codes 7D, gambling 5D, hide 4D+1, persuasion 4D+2, search 4D+2
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 5D
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Droid programming 3D+2, droid repair 3D+2, repulsorlift repair 5D+1, security 3D+2, space transport repair 6D+2, space transport repair: XB-450 8D+1
Story Factors:
Keen Eye for Those on the Edge: Bom Vimdin has a successful history of identifying and exploiting Imperial personnel who are especially vulnerable to temptation and graft. Because of this, Vimdin shows a uncommon willingness to risk (or fully engage in) "Imperial entanglements" that his smuggling contemporaries will steer clear of.
Move: 10
Character Points: 15
Dark Side Points: 1
Force Points: 1
Equipment: Blaster pistol (5D), encrypted comlink, Ruut-Fontay (modified XB-450 transport).
Appearance: F. Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, YR. Bounty Hunt, TV. The Star Wars Holiday Special, SS. Star Wars: A New Hope: 6 stories in 1: "A Bad Feeling About This", SS. The Original Trilogy Stories: "A Bad Feeling About This", C. Star Wars v2 5, REF. Star Wars: Scum and Villainy.
Source: Stats by Emperor Ollie and Telsij

EDIT:
06/15/21 Added Story Factor
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This also is looking good, as the stats now reflect more of what limited info we do have.

Re: the story factor, it's pretty straightforward and would be relevant to the way he might be used as an NPC in-game. Something along the lines of:

Keen eye for those on the edge: Bom Vimdin has a successful history of identifying and exploiting Imperial personnel who are especially vulnerable to temptation and graft. Because of this, Vimdin shows a uncommon willingness to risk (or fully engage in) "Imperial entanglements" that his smuggling contemporaries will steer clear of.

OBSCURE CHARACTER ARCHIVE INDEX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: