The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Indiana Jones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Indiana Jones Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject: Indiana Jones Reply with quote

Today was the 40th anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and thus the Indiana Jones franchise. My family hasn't watched any of the films in years, so to celebrate, we watched the underrated Temple of Doom film. We enjoyed it. We'll be sure to watch Raiders some time this year.

Does anyone else enjoy Indiana Jones? Please feel free to discuss all Jones topics here, roleplaying game related or not!

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do. I actually used to have some of the Indiana Jones comic books. I’d love to do a Star Wars / Indiana Jones crossover with Sith artifacts as the archaeological treasures and the Empire as the Nazis. I even included a part of my COMPNOR expansion specifically worded as the organizational aegis for the Empire’s hunt for said artifacts. Might even be a fun way to include a Dr. Aphra cameo.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a cool adventure.

As far as comics, I currently only have those two issues pictured above, Marvel's Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #1 and #2. The two issues form one story that was adapted to be the adventure that came with the original TSR IJ RPG, the only adventure I ever played of that game IIRC.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
That sounds like a cool adventure.

Considering the amount of available Indiana Jones material, it’d be a pretty cool campaign.

RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on an Alien and Dragonlance kick as of late, but seeing this thread, now I want to pull out those old Indiana Jones comics and RPG books. Last year I scooped up a few WEG Indiana Jones books and a small stack of novels, which I haven't got around to reading yet, as well.

CRMcNeill, your crossover idea sounds awesome! Are the Dr. Aphra comics good? It's been a hot decade or so since I bought any comics.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanDarkstar wrote:
CRMcNeill, your crossover idea sounds awesome! Are the Dr. Aphra comics good? It's been a hot decade or so since I bought any comics.

I haven't bought them either, but I've been able to thumb through some of the compilation books at the local Barnes & Noble on occasion. The Aphra books are great if you're into dark humor; there's a lot of treachery and double-crossing, but generally the victims end up being people who either deserved it or weren't particularly sympathetic to begin with. Aphra's droid companions are best summed up as evil twins of Artoo and Threepio, and there are plenty of cameos by other known characters (Vader figures prominently, as Aphra works directly for him on several occasions).

That crossover idea has been on the backburner for a while, but the more I think about it, the more it makes for an awesome, multi-layered campaign with a lot of things for different PCs to do, as well as having a built-in mission for a Force-sensitive PC and a realistic reason for a low- to mid-level Dark Jedi / Imperial Inquisitor showing up on a regular basis. Add to that the possibility for classic dungeon crawls using the Force to substitute in magic items, and Knowledge rolls to discern clues to get around traps (ala Last Crusade), and there's a lot to work with.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it, I'm almost positive there was a short story in one of the Adventure Journals about a Minor Jedi / Archaeologist during the Rebellion Era who was helping keep culturally significant artifacts out of Imperial hands / returning them to their rightful owners in order to gain support for the Alliance.

Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Harrison Ford was injured during the filming of Indiana Jones 5, and Disney has issued a statement:

"He's pushing 79 so maybe we should have considered that he's too old to play Indiana Jones."

I jest. See below for the real statement...

https://deadline.com/2021/06/harrison-ford-indiana-jones-5-injures-shoulder-rehearsing-fight-scene-production-shoot-around-recovery-1234780040/
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Now that I think about it, I'm almost positive there was a short story in one of the Adventure Journals about a Minor Jedi / Archaeologist during the Rebellion Era who was helping keep culturally significant artifacts out of Imperial hands / returning them to their rightful owners in order to gain support for the Alliance.

Tracked this down. The story is called Idol Intentions, on pg. 213 of Adventure Journal #12. It's part of the Drake Paulsen story arc.

Nate Christen
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also the character Corellia Antilles, featured in Adventure Journal #14.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Henrietya_Antilles

-Nate
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

Tracked this down. The story is called Idol Intentions, on pg. 213 of Adventure Journal #12. It's part of the Drake Paulsen story arc.

Nate Christen wrote:
There is also the character Corellia Antilles, featured in Adventure Journal #14.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Henrietya_Antilles

Cool cool. I have a PC concept in mind that is based on a post-young-indiana jones graduate student in xenoarchaeology.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a rundown of that template's attribute breakdown/skill list/equipment list?
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Got a rundown of that template's attribute breakdown/skill list/equipment list?

Not yet. I think I have the attribute dice allocation and the rest was character arc/campaign story arc ideas in my head.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long ago, Peter Schweighoffer reminisced about the WEG Indiana Jones RPG that almost was.

https://hobbygamesrecce.blogspot.com/2021/06/weg-memoirs-d6-indiana-jones-rpg.html
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Not long ago, Peter Schweighoffer reminisced about the WEG Indiana Jones RPG that almost was.

https://hobbygamesrecce.blogspot.com/2021/06/weg-memoirs-d6-indiana-jones-rpg.html

Schweig is the man, one of my favorite game authors/designers, for sure. I've had his Pulp Egypt PDF and his other pulp documents for years. If I ever make a new RPG, it will be a Pulp Adventure/Golden Age Superheroes game set in the 30s and 40s, D6 of course.

I knew the WEG history in the blog except for the unrealized Indiana Jones "super mondo"/2e proposal. That would have been so awesome. He didn't mention the one other "super mondo" core game book WEG did make, for The Metabarons.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: