The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Leia, a Princess of Alderaan Sourcebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Leia, a Princess of Alderaan Sourcebook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject: Leia, a Princess of Alderaan Sourcebook Reply with quote

Okay, I finally got this done. I don't have an editor or a layout person, so I unsure how to make this available for people to comment on items for improvement. So, I am going to put in a link to the text file of it. Please comment and make suggestions.

Leia, a Princess of Alderaan Sourcebook
(Dropbox text file)

Leia, a Princess of Alderaan Sourcebook Google Drive, allows comments within doc)
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had good results with making a Google Doc and opening it to commenters.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, in terms of visual appeal, I find your work to be just basic. Or rather pre-formatted. You can look at the sourcebooks that have been published and the ones that have been posted on this site and compare them to see what I'm talking about.

As for the stats themselves, so far they look good. Question about Amilyn Holdo. Xain Arke is making a bunch of stats for characters from the old Clone Wars comics and conversions from the sourcebooks published by WOTC. He made his own stats for Amilyn Holdo last night. I have to say his stats seem more thorough and complete. Would it be safe to say that your stats are for her as of the time of Leia, Princess of Alderaan, and his are for her as of TLJ?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
First off, in terms of visual appeal, I find your work to be just basic. Or rather pre-formatted. You can look at the sourcebooks that have been published and the ones that have been posted on this site and compare them to see what I'm talking about.

This is not meant to be the final release, I did state, "...I don't have an editor ... Please comment and make suggestions." I do not understand why I or someone else would take all the time to edit something and release it in its final form when there may be significant changes made to information therein.

Forceally wrote:
As for the stats themselves, so far they look good. Question about Amilyn Holdo. Xain Arke is making a bunch of stats for characters from the old Clone Wars comics and conversions from the sourcebooks published by WOTC. He made his own stats for Amilyn Holdo last night. I have to say his stats seem more thorough and complete. Would it be safe to say that your stats are for her as of the time of Leia, Princess of Alderaan, and his are for her as of TLJ?

As the sourcebook is for Leia, a Princess of Alderaan yes its her stats at 16-years old and beginning her training as a Youth Legislator. Is it not her stats as a 49+ years old and acting as an admiral. There should be major differences between the characters just as there would be between a 16-year old young adult and a 50 something at the height of their career.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted in my conversion thread, those stats of Holdo were the TLJ version, but if I hadn't already done the stats before you
posted the younger ones, I would have tweaked mine to better match yours Smile

Great work on the Leia Sourcebook, I'm slowly reading through it at the moment.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
As I posted in my conversion thread, those stats of Holdo were the TLJ version, but if I hadn't already done the stats before you posted the younger ones, I would have tweaked mine to better match yours Smile

Thanks Xain. Her stats as of TLJ has been done but I don't believe it was posted outside the G+community. I can post them for you if you would like to see another possible version.

Xain Arke wrote:
Great work on the Leia Sourcebook, I'm slowly reading through it at the moment.

Thanks again Xain. I started on it two years ago, but ran into a creative slump which I am just clawing my way out of. Hopefully I can get back to finishing up converting Tempest Fugue, edit Droids: The Adventures of C3-P0 and R2-D2, and get back to work on the "Definitive" Alen Conpendium.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you working on a Rogue One Sourcebook as well? If you're not, then it's a case of mistaken identity on my part.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks Xain.

No problem, I look forward to all the D6 stuff you put out

Quote:
Her stats as of TLJ has been done but I don't believe it was posted outside the G+community. I can post them for you if you would like to see another possible version.

Hmm, I used to lurk over there and saw most of the stuff, didn't see Holdo there. So, yes please I'd like to see that version.

Quote:
I started on it two years ago, but ran into a creative slump which I am just clawing my way out of.

I know that feeling. Glad you are emerging out of the other side. The Leia sourcebook was definitely worth the wait.

Quote:
Hopefully I can get back to finishing up converting Tempest Fugue, edit Droids: The Adventures of C3-P0 and R2-D2, and get back to work on the "Definitive" Alen Conpendium.

Ooh Droids! awesome!. Do you know if anyone has anyone done the Ewoks cartoon? I loved that as a kid

I take it the Alien Compendium will have the tweaked species stats you have mentioned before?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
I started on it two years ago, but ran into a creative slump which I am just clawing my way out of. Hopefully I can get back to finishing up converting Tempest Fugue, edit Droids: The Adventures of C3-P0 and R2-D2, and get back to work on the "Definitive" Alen Conpendium.

I'm really looking forward to all your projects!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you working on a Rogue One Sourcebook as well? If you're not, then it's a case of mistaken identity on my part.

I am one of the people who worked on the R1 sourcebook,but I am unsure what that has to do the Holdo or this sourcebook.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Forceally wrote:

I am one of the people who worked on the R1 sourcebook,but I am unsure what that has to do the Holdo or this sourcebook.

Don, it's just a side comment that is related to your many fan works in general. Topic drift is not a violation of forum guidelines, and this really isn't irrelevant to the discussion. What it has to do with it is that you seem to have (or are involved with) a lot of projects on the back burner, including RO and the final Rebels book. I also have a lot of projects too. They are smaller projects than yours and I am much less prolific than you, but I do get that inspiration ebbs and flows and projects get temporarily dropped and returned to over time. I personally haven't revealed all my projects and that is one reason there is much less fan anticipation for mine than yours. The Rogue One sourcebook is particularly anticipate by fans, so you can't really blame someone for bringing it up. You have fans, Don! Inquiring minds want to know.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
The Rogue One sourcebook is particularly anticipate by fans, so you can't really blame someone for bringing it up. You have fans, Don! Inquiring minds want to know.

R1 was completed and in editiong/layout two years ago. The person who volunteered to do this had a number of things happen to them in that time, including having a baby. I personally not heard from this person in a long time. Though it is my understanding he had returned to the project roughly two months ago. Beyond t bgg at, I do not know where the project sits. Wish I had more information for everyone.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
R1 was completed and in editiong/layout two years ago. The person who volunteered to do this had a number of things happen to them in that time, including having a baby. I personally not heard from this person in a long time. Though it is my understanding he had returned to the project roughly two months ago. Beyond t bgg at, I do not know where the project sits. Wish I had more information for everyone.

Also, as an aside note, Solo sourcebook has also been done for quite some time and I do not believe it got out of the editing phase and certainly no volunteer for layout. Again, that project has been languishing for nearly two years as well.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have Orson Krinnic when it should be Krennic.

Thranta and Great thranta have stats in Creature Stats.

2-1B, 3PO, RA-7, and MSE-6 droids have stats in Droid Stats.

LEP droid has stats in Scavenger's Guide to Droids D6 Conversion

Chandrila has stats in The Far Orbit Project. Also, it's Chandrila, not Chandrilla.

You have Chalhuddan when you should have Crolute in the Crolute stats.

TIE/ln has stats in Starships stats, and Gozanti cruiser is in the Speeders and Starshios conversion, and Pelta-class has stats in Medical sourcebook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: