The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

REGISTRATION and LOG-IN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> REGISTRATION and LOG-IN Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following email domains are NOT allowed at the Rancor Pit:

@hotmail.com
@live.com
@msn.com
@passport.com
@outlook.com
@web.de
@gmx.de
@me.com
@seoexpartebd.com
@optonline.net
@kadlmail.ml
@yandex.com
@...officemail.in.net
@...
meta1.in.net
@...officemail.fun
@...fodiscomail.com
@...xyz.com
@...nedmr.com

Thank you.

NO LONGER IN EFFECT: "For now, registration will be a bit more manual. Please send an email to ' forums -at- rancorpit -dot- com ' with your requested username and email address. An activation key will then be sent to the e-mail address you provided. Please check your e-mail for further information (check spam/junk folders to not miss it). If you don't hear anything within a few days, email forums -at- rancorpit.com again and advise. If emails aren't getting through and you have contact with an existing member outside of the forum, they can send me a PM with the info."
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:26 pm; edited 8 times in total
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do not use any Microsoft emails with the Rancor Pit. This includes @msn.com, @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, and others.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=201634#201634

Please see the above post for why Microsoft (and possibly other) email providers will no longer be registered at the Rancor Pit. Please get a gmail address if need be.

Another option for Facebook users to register for the Rancor Pit forums is to request to join the "Star Wars D6 - WEG" Facebook group if not already a member. Then see the announcement at the top which gives instructions for an alternate method to register for the Rancor Pit. Following the method in the previous post of emailing a request using a valid (non-Microsoft) email is still the preferred method, but if that doesn't work then there is a Plan B for Facebook users. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New member registration will be closed for one week. You can still email the request at any time (a chosen username and a non-Microsoft email address). Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Disallowed email domains Reply with quote

Please read the forum you want to join!

Whill wrote:
The following email domains are not allowed at the Rancor Pit:

@hotmail.com
@live.com
@msn.com
@passport.com
@outlook.com
@web.de
@gmx.de
@me.com

Thank you.

If you are currently using one of these email domains, please update your email address immediately. If you submit a registration request with one of these emails, your request will be denied. If I try to register you and get a bounced email due to Rancor Pit's email address being blocked by your domain, than your email domain will be added to the above list.

I've got a guy who keeps emailing the Rancor Pit because his registration requests are not being fulfilled. It's not working because his email domain is one of the above and has blocked Rancor Pit emails (I get the bounced email messages). I can receive his emails, but I cannot reply to him to tell him to use a different email address. My hands are tied if registrants will not read these posts about this and try an allowed email like gmail.

If I keep getting emails to register you when I have already tried and your email provider does not accept any Rancor Pit emails, then I will have no choice but to block your email address as spam. I'm sorry.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
mshute
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject: Registration Form Broken Reply with quote

Hi, I just registered yesterday and got my confirmation this morning. The thing is, when I tried to register, the registration form was broken. I don't know if anyone else has reported this, but I'm a web developer, so I was able to see what was wrong.

I kept getting a javascript error in my console when I loaded the form and when I submitted. I was able to fix a copy of the form HTML on my own computer in order to submit it.

The problem is pretty simple. Your <form> tag is closed immediately after it is opened, so none of the input fields referenced in your javascript are enclosed in the <form> block. By moving the </form> tag to the end of the <table> block, I was able to resolve the javascript error and submit the form.

Hope this is helpful.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Registration Form Broken Reply with quote

mshute wrote:
Hi, I just registered yesterday and got my confirmation this morning. The thing is, when I tried to register, the registration form was broken. I don't know if anyone else has reported this, but I'm a web developer, so I was able to see what was wrong.

I kept getting a javascript error in my console when I loaded the form and when I submitted. I was able to fix a copy of the form HTML on my own computer in order to submit it.

The problem is pretty simple. Your <form> tag is closed immediately after it is opened, so none of the input fields referenced in your javascript are enclosed in the <form> block. By moving the </form> tag to the end of the <table> block, I was able to resolve the javascript error and submit the form.

Hope this is helpful.

Welcome to the Pit! I reported the problem with the Registration button on the first page of this thread. I had tried to update the registration by adding a question about the game to cut down on spammer requests. But before I made any changes, I made a copy of the HTML as it was. After the attempt failed, I tried to restore it to what it was, and that didn't work either. I am a novice at HTML, so I really hope this helps too. I will get back to it when I can. Thank you very much!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
mshute
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Registration Form Broken Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Welcome to the Pit! I reported the problem with the Registration button on the first page of this thread. I had tried to update the registration by adding a question about the game to cut down on spammer requests. But before I made any changes, I made a copy of the HTML as it was. After the attempt failed, I tried to restore it to what it was, and that didn't work either. I am a novice at HTML, so I really hope this helps too. I will get back to it when I can. Thank you very much!

I'd be happy to send you my "fixed" file as a reference if it would be helpful. Just let me know.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for emailing it. You made it sound like an easy fix. I should be able to move the close form tag. But then again, I saved a copy of the HTML from when it was working, and that should have worked to restore it but it didn't.

How are you on php? I'm sure you've noticed this forum is very 2005. I don't really have a clue about updating the php to a modern version. It still works as-is, and I've been afraid of disabling the site with an inept update.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to implementing the Registration Button fix, and it worked. The Submit button on the registration form works now, and the form was successfully used by a new user to generate the message I get to enter the registration.

And this time I was able to enter the additional question that didn't work and took out the button in the first place. I was going to ask mshute for help with that but decided to try it again on my own first. My HTML coding ability has advanced in the last two years, so I added the functional "Why do you like the Star Wars D6 RPG?" question (the tricky part), and also added more text and links to the Registration and Log-in help thread and the Registration Terms/Forum Guidelines.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the registrant who requested the username of "Lancil" please resubmit your registration request with an email address that is not on the disallowed domain list (visible on the registration form pop-up)? The email you submitted will not allow Rancor Pit emails so there is no way to even email you and tell you to use another email. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, so far, so good! About to personalize my new account.
Should my old hotmail accounts resurface to cause trouble, i'll kill them, if i have to...
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
Well, so far, so good! About to personalize my new account.
Should my old hotmail accounts resurface to cause trouble, i'll kill them, if i have to...

Your hotmail isn't here. The email you have should be good. Thanks.

Quote:

@hotmail.com
@live.com
@msn.com
@passport.com
@outlook.com
@web.de
@gmx.de
@me.com
@seoexpartebd.com

Thank you.

I had to add the last domain to the block list. It has been the #1 email domain for spammer registrants since I have taken over the Pit. Scam analysis websites say it is not likely a legit website for several reasons. Also, the domain is based in Bangladesh, the eight most populous country in the world, but it is not even on the Top 25 countries that lurk the Rancor Pit (meaning they try to register more than they otherwise visit the site - Normally, a country will have a lot more lurkers than people who attempt to register).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:33 am    Post subject: Hotmail will not deliver Rancor Pit registration emails Reply with quote

Would the registrant that attempted to register four times with the requested username of acctingman please register one more time with an email address that is not on the list of disallowed emails? Thank you!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the registrant with the requested username Black Benny please resubmit the registration request with an allowed email address (non-Microsoft). Thank you!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

@hotmail.com
@live.com
@msn.com
@passport.com
@outlook.com
@web.de
@gmx.de
@me.com
@seoexpartebd.com
@optonline.net

I had to add the last domain to the block list. It bounces Rancor Pit emails as spam, so it is impossible to register anyone with this emails address.

Would the registrant that attempted to register twice with the requested username of Ziz please register one more time with an email address that is not on the list of disallowed emails? Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: