The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Revising Official Starship Stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Revising Official Starship Stats Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I'm talking about:

Using RPGGamer's CEC Designer, this is a YT-1930 with the engine block from a YT-2400.

My personal preference is to get rid of the sensor dish in favor of a pair of sensor blisters on the front quarter-sections to provide 360 degree coverage in front and to the sides, but I digress...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
That1guy
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Here's what I'm talking about:

My personal preference is to get rid of the sensor dish in favor of a pair of sensor blisters on the front quarter-sections to provide 360 degree coverage in front and to the sides, but I digress...

I like it Very Happy

I might use this as the base for a line of New Republic era military transports that have been kicking around my head for awhile.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that YT-1930!

Question for you, have you ever considered working your magic on the FarStar Corvette from the DarkStryder Campaign?

I always thought it needed to be redone a bit.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That1guy wrote:
I like it Very Happy

I might use this as the base for a line of New Republic era military transports that have been kicking around my head for awhile.

TyCaine wrote:
I like that YT-1930!

All yours; do with it as you wish. The CEC Builder will even kick out its stats for you if you are so inclined.

Quote:
Question for you, have you ever considered working your magic on the FarStar Corvette from the DarkStryder Campaign?

I always thought it needed to be redone a bit.

The biggest thing that needs redoing is the exterior; it's so off-puttingly asymmetrical, with one side all bulked out to add the hangar. If I were to redo it, I'd do a version that put a hangar on both sides, but I'd probably also just do the stats as a variant addendum to my re-do of the stock Corellian Corvette.

EDIT: Something like this...

(Asymmetric version provided for comparison)

TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

The biggest thing that needs redoing is the exterior; it's so off-puttingly asymmetrical, with one side all bulked out to add the hangar. If I were to redo it, I'd do a version that put a hangar on both sides, but I'd probably also just do the stats as a variant addendum to my re-do of the stock Corellian Corvette.

And that, in a nutshell, just explained to me why it's been kicking around in my head that it needed to be redone, that exterior, apparently, always put me off a bit, and I never realized until this moment the reason why....

Of course, now I want a reworked FarStar, but with having the hangar area on both sides because that looks much better....
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for one thing, this discussion is probably a better fit for my Revising Official Capital Ship Stats topic.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just encountered a very cool fan art version of the E-Wing. It incorporates a lot of features that I think need to be improved on the official version.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Just encountered a very cool fan art version of the E-Wing. It incorporates a lot of features that I think need to be improved on the official version.

I never cared for the ship until now. That looks pretty cool.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: