The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Poss new "Sith power". Force Sink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Poss new "Sith power". Force Sink Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Once contact is lost, or the Sith maintaining it dies, the Jedi regains his 'stolen power' in one of two manners. 1st) An Alter roll by the target, (using his base skill, before it started being drained), at a Very difficult level, kicks back HALF of what he had siphoned off immediately. Failing this roll, just puts it to the 2nd manner.. He regains 1 pip on ONE power (his choice), per day or 3 points per two days of nothing but complete bed rest.

I would add a different modifier to the natural recovery... Emptiness.

While I get that the Alter roll is basically getting back what was taken, Emptiness... entering meditation and letting the Force flow through you... should have major recuperative benefits from a power like this.

I also disagree with the reverse relationship; I don't see any reason this would be easier to use on a stranger than on someone closely related. I can see an argument that the relationship modifier should not apply... you're dealing with the Force, not necessarily the person... but a reverse relationship modifier makes no sense.

It also inspires me to a different power.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason i went that way, was because to ME, using certain powers should be easier, when used on total strangers, than someone you know.. This is one of those powers.

BUT if you dislike it, i'll just REMOVE relationship as a modifier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: