The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Trekkin'!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Star Trekkin'! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shat returns from Space

While I roll my eyes at "space tourism" (billionaires selling rides to millionaires), William Shatner has been a big part of my entertainment life since I was 13 so I'll comment on this. After the macho Captain Kirk actor admitted he was terrified to go, Shatner, age 90, survived his short trip to space today. Shatner has always been hypersensitive about his age, but now that he's becoming known as the oldest human to ever go to space, he is fully coming to terms with it (but he has let his toupée go grey for a while now). I'm proud of him. Not a lot of millionaires will plunk down over 20% of their net worth for a 10-minute personal experience, so maybe he realizes he is in his final years and can't take his wealth with him. Knowing his performing ability well, I can tell he obviously wasn't acting when trying to describe the impact of his experience on him. His tears were real. And he has been a curmudgeon for decades so maybe this profound experience will lighten him up. Being the lead performer of the series that launched the Star Trek franchise, I find myself feeling a little happy for him that the actor who played a character who worked in space had a real, albeit brief, experience of going to near-Earth space. Maybe now Shatner will donate $20 million to actually making the world a better place.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too watched the Shat and thought his wonder seemed quite genuine.

As a kid I really looked up to Captain Kirk, only to be disappointed as I got older and found out what an @$$ he can be.

His authenticity redeemed him some in my eyes, and it was cool to see. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: