The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Anti-Matter and Repulsorlifts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Anti-Matter and Repulsorlifts Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Whill wrote:
The Tapani Sector is not a good example...

Oddly enough, in doing some reading to verify, it brings up an unexpected point. While the Tapani Sector is unusually "cluttered", the way it describes the functioning of the hyperspace beacons bolsters my point in other ways. Stellar drift must be happening awfully fast if a ship has to update its course at every system along its route. This requires thought...

I've read up on Tapani a lot, and that is not at all the takeaway I got. The point was, most of the rest of the galaxy is not as cluttered Tapani.

CRMcNeill wrote:
You know, it wouldn't take too much twisting to have the Tapani Sector be a "Dune-in-miniature". Replace the hyperspace beacons with a navigator's guild and the sector becomes impenetrable to anyone (including Imperials) without the assistance of either the guild or their own, independent navigators...

Sounds cool. I still prefer my Dune-inspired original nebula in a satellite galaxy, and I have other plans for Tapani. Tapani is the capital of the Southern Empire of my post-RotJ setting. But its limited entry access and insulation does provide a level of security.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, has anyone explored the utility of using Instinctive Astrogation to side-step the restrictions on hyperspace navigation in the Tapani Sector?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: