The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dune
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Dune Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/11/denis-villeneuve-met-star-wars-team-prevent-crossover-1234682290/

So Dune was being filmed in the same desert and time as TRoS (the planet Pasaana). The two film crews met to make sure they didn't capture any of the same imagery in their films.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on D6 rules for Mentats, Bene Gesserit, etc?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

I'd suggest consulting the Metabarons game for starters. It is the non-Star Wars game that is closest in system to Star Wars R&E (nearly identical). I remember a character template similar to Mentats. Not sure about the Bene Gesserit.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

I'd suggest consulting the Metabarons game for starters. It is the non-Star Wars game that is closest in system to Star Wars R&E (nearly identical). I remember a character template similar to Mentats. Not sure about the Bene Gesserit.

This makes sense since Metabarons evolved from the story rewrites of Jodorowsky's Dune. If my books weren't in storage in another state I'd glance through it and give some thoughts.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrote:

It sounds like you’re talking about Mentreks. The problem is that they achieve their calculations by use of a cybernetic brain implant, which the Dune setting would likely treat as an abomination. I’m still researching, but so far all I can find is a character template for a Mentrek that basically just gives them Knowledge and Perception at 4D, plus a computer implant that gives them +1D to Knowledge or Technical (must pick one or the other).

I mean, I suppose high skill dice values would suffice, but I’d prefer something less… mundane.

Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

It sounds like you’re talking about Mentreks. The problem is that they achieve their calculations by use of a cybernetic brain implant, which the Dune setting would likely treat as an abomination. I’m still researching, but so far all I can find is a character template for a Mentrek that basically just gives them Knowledge and Perception at 4D, plus a computer implant that gives them +1D to Knowledge or Technical (must pick one or the other).

I mean, I suppose high skill dice values would suffice, but I’d prefer something less… mundane.

Yes, I think that is the Mb template I was thinking of. I said, "for starters." You asked for thoughts. It was a thought. The Metabarons game is based on a comic that was based on a never-completed film adaptation of Dune. It's in the ballpark. An abomination in Dune is not an abomination in Star Wars because we have Lobot. It seems like you object to my use of the relative term "similar". Too mundane and not similar enough for your preference. Got it.

To be more correct: No, I do not have any thoughts on exact adaptations of Dune to Star Wars D6, and I do not think that would ever be necessary. Although the Dune novel was a minor influence on the Star Wars film, they are two different genres set in two different settings/realities. D6 is adequate for interpreting Star Wars into a game, but I doubt D6, at least the Star Wars version of it, is sufficient for the Dune setting. I have little interest in playing Dune roleplaying. I have the current RPG for it (that uses the same game system as the current Star Trek RPG), but I haven't read it. At most I would play a one-shot if someone ran it.

Metabarons and Dune more directly do have some influences on my Star Wars game, but these are just inspirations. There definitely won't be any exact replications of Mentats, Bene Gesserits, or anything else from Dune in my game.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 pm    Post subject: Dune RPG Reply with quote

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/dune-adventures-tabletop-rpg-modiphius-books

For limited time, you can legally buy the PDFs of what seems to be the current entire game line for the current Dune RPG, and the purchase supports charity. Minimum donation to get everything is only $18!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased the full set and downloaded it.

Whill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Dune RPG Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Whill wrote:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/dune-adventures-tabletop-rpg-modiphius-books

For limited time, you can legally buy the PDFs of what seems to be the current entire game line for the current Dune RPG, and the purchase supports charity. Minimum donation to get everything is only $18!

Purchased the full set and downloaded it.

Although I already had some of the PDFs, I went ahead and purchased the set to get the rest. Haven't downloaded any yet.

13 hours left on the sale if anyone else is interested!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: