The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversions - Scum and Villainy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversions - Scum and Villainy Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's all the guns, armor, and gear.

It's still open to discussion, please look at it (I know it's huge) and let me know if there is anything in the details that should be changed. I've posted most of the questionable things up here on the boards as it is, so I don't expect too much to change.

I'm still working on starship modifications.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:

Squib Battering Ram
Model: Ambelled Industries “Grond-951”
Type: Blast-door breeching weapon
Scale: Character
Skill: Dexterity: Battering Ram
Difficulty: Easy
Cost: 3,500
Availability: 3
Fire Rate: 1
Damage: 9D
Notes: This weapon is almost exclusively a door-breeching device. It requires two people to operate, one to brace and stabilize the device, and the other to trigger it. The weapon is too unwieldy to use as a weapon against living targets. However, it will do normal damage to stationary, nonliving targets such as a door or wall.

There are actually already official stats for the Squib Battering Ram:
Quote:
Squib Battering Ram
Model: Fegegrish Heavy Industrial Battering Ram
Type: Structural weakener
Skill: Demolitions
Cost: 3,500
Game Notes: Device batters through solid obstacles, effectively doing 6D damage against the body of a wall or door.
Source: Galladinium’s Fantastic Technology (page 57),
Pirates & Privateers (page 48), Ultimate Alien Anthology(page 151)

Even though the model name is different, it's suspiciously similar, having even the same price tag. Not sure if we should simply regard them as the same item, or the new one is just a more powerful version (though, considering the price is the same, I'd lower the damage a bit).

cheshire wrote:
Here's all the guns, armor, and gear.

Uh, where are all the guns, armor, and gear?
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with the official stats. I invented the model name. The WotC folks just increased the damage.

Sorry about the equipment list. I must have forgotten to paste in the link.

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=653641044&email=c5da7b873a40a5be4e6a0b5478dee19a
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know cheshire you may not want to take WotC materials as gospel, fans usualy produce better stuff because they realy care about what they are doing and not on money.
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sithspawn! They got a version of my idea for a remote weapon retreival mod!
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Chesh, can I have the DOC version of that?
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure.

Note that I'm still working on the starship upgrades. I can't work on them this week because I'm doing a lot of 12 and 15 hour days on top of being sick.

I'll get back on to them as probably on Sunday or Monday.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/U0d4OGNkOW56NElLSkE9PQ
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, things have been bad the last couple of weeks. I'm going to get started again on them today, and I'm hoping to have them finished by the time I go on vacation on Friday.

If I don't get them in by Friday, it will be a little while longer. I'm going to a cabin out in the woods and I don't plan on taking a laptop.
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Finished the starship upgrades! Reply with quote

Okay, here's a link to the upgrades for Gry.
Quote:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/U0d4K2V1K3g5NVUwTVE9PQ

I'll post them individually so you folks can review them without downloading.

Quote:

Amphibious seals
Model: Mon Cal aquaseal package 389-D
Cost: 4,000
Availability: 2
Game Notes: This upgrade allows a ship to function as a submarine in addition to performing as a space vehicle. Pressure seals and special engine protection prevents water from damaging critical components, as well as allows the ship to endure the high water pressure. However, the ship may only move one tenth its atmosphere speed. This upgrade also allows a ship to land in a body of water.
Source: Scum and Villainy, page 56
Quote:

Anti-Boarding system
Model: Sinar systems securilock system
Type: starship security package
Cost: 20,000
Availability: 2, F
Game Notes: The Anti-Boarding system is a series of cameras, blast doors, and armaments that help contain or repel unwanted visitors without the crew putting themselves in harm’s way. The package creates security checkpoints on the ship that contains a blast door, security camera, and a blaster rifle turret. Commonly the security checkpoints are located at engineering, the bridge, and by docking rings. Once the system has been armed, it will consider unfamiliar life forms to be hostile intruders. Most ship administrators or crew can enable or disable the system from the bridge. Since most ships are powered down or disabled once boarded, the security system has a separate shielded power system that allows it to operate once the rest of the ship has been disabled.
• Security blast doors have a body strength of 7D.
• The automatic rifle uses the following statistics:
Scale: Character
Crew: 0
Ammo: 50
Body: 3D
Fire Control: 5D
Range: 3-7/35/50
Damage: 5D
• Security camera system allows the crew to make Perception or search checks from the bridge or security stations.
Source: Scum and Villainy, page 56-57
Quote:

Light Auxiliary Generator
Model: Czerka 392-VT generator
Cost: 2,000
Weight: 10 metric tons
Availability: 1
Game Notes: Auxiliary generators allow a starship to better regulate power at times of peak usage. If gamemasters are using optional rules for rerouting power control found in The Far Orbit Project, page 25, then this upgrade allows one selected system to remain at full power while power is being rerouted. Auxiliary generators also allow some limited systems to remain operational when the engine has been shut down or destroyed.
Source: Scum and Villainy, page 57
Quote:

Medium Auxiliary Generator
Model: Czerka 881-K generator
Cost: 5,000
Weight: 30 metric tons
Game Notes: Auxiliary generators allow a starship to better regulate power at times of peak usage. If gamemasters are using optional rules for rerouting power control found in The Far Orbit Project, page 25, then this upgrade allows two selected systems to remain at full power while power is being rerouted. Auxiliary generators also allow some limited systems to remain operational when the engine has been shut down or destroyed.
Quote:

Heavy Auxiliary Generator
Model: Sienar systems class-C auxiliary booster
Cost: 10,000
Weight: 60 metric tons
Game Notes: Auxiliary generators allow a starship to better regulate power at times of peak usage. If gamemasters are using optional rules for rerouting power control found in The Far Orbit Project, page 25, then this upgrade allows two selected systems to remain at full power while power is being rerouted. Heavy auxiliary generators also allow some most systems to remain operational when the engine has been shut down or destroyed.
Quote:

Backup battery - Pirates & Privateers (page 40)
Quote:

Baffled drive - Pirates & Privateers (pages 39-40)
Quote:

Cockpit Ejection System
Model: Kuat Drive Yards Ejection Package
Cost: 8,000
Game Notes: This upgrade can outfit starfighters and freighters to separate a cockpit from the rest of a ship’s fuselage in the event of the ship’s destruction. The separated cockpit functions as an escape pod. Once the ship is destroyed, the pilot must make a Difficult space transport piloting or starfighter piloting roll. If the roll succeeds, the escape pod/cockpit is able to successfully escape the blast. If the roll fails, then those within the escape pod take 4D damage.
Quote:

Comm Jammer - Source: Pirates & Privateers (page 39)
Quote:

Cotterdam - Pirates & Privateers (page 49)
Quote:

Environmental Filters
Model: Arakyd “Easebreathe” Filter System
Game Notes: Generally, this type of upgrade is used on luxury transports or yachts where a number of passengers will require different environmental conditions. It separates the passenger compartments as individual environmentally sealed and controlled units allowing a passenger from a warm moist environment to be located next door to a passenger from a dry and cold environment. The various passages and rooms of the ship can also be controlled. This system can be used offensively against hijackers or other unwanted guests. Making a Moderate computer programming/repair roll will allow the crew on the bridge to flood a selected compartment with radiation, pump ou the air from a compartment, etc.
Source: Scum and Villainy, page 58
Quote:

Fuel Converters – See Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, page 42
Quote:

Grappler Mag
Model: Starfire Inc. Heavy Tow Grappler
Cost: 1000
Availability: 1
Game Notes: Grappler mags allow one ship to tow another similar to a tractor beam. The grapler mag is a simple tow cable with a grappling hook magnetic clamp at the end. The grapler mag has a space range of 1. However, the mag may be used without the power signatures of a tractor beam, and thus allowing the device to be used with much less chance of being noticed. A ship can power down and make a grappling attack on another ship without notice until it has been clamped.
Source: Scum and Villainy, page 59
Quote:

Hard Points
Model: Alliance Missile Mount
Availability: 3, X
Game Notes: Hardpoints allow an external missile mount or a small external cargo carrier. An external cargo carrier can hold up to one week’s worth of consumables and costs 500 each. Missile mounts may carry a single torpedo, missile, mine, bomb, etc. The number of hardpoints a ship may carry is determined by the ship’s size. The starship may have one hardpoint for every 10 meters of length without penalty. The ship may carry twice that number, but when the payload or cargo is affixed the ship has its move rating by one-half.
Quote:

The external cargo or payload mounts are particularly vulnerable to attack. Whenever the ship takes damage, it loses half of the payload or cargo mounts.

When the hardpoints do not have the mounts affixed they are Very Difficult to notice, however the external payload or cargo mounts are obvious when affixed.
Source: Scum and Villainy, page 59
Quote:

Hidden Cargo Hold - See Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, page 42
Quote:

Holding Cells
Model: Grizal Defense Systems 7K4H-Pacifier
Cost: 1000 (up to 25% of passengers), 5,000 (up to 50% of passengers), 10,000 (up to 75% of passengers)
Game Notes: Brigs or detention blocks are standard on larger ships, but this upgrade allows smaller ships to convert their passenger compartment into similar cells. Each cell installs 10D strength walls and blast doors, and external locks (requiring a Heroic security roll to break open from the inside). Each cell also has a small port that allows food to be passed from the jailer to the captive. The port also allows the jailer to make ranged attacks into the cell if the captive needs to be neutralized.
Source: Scum and Villainy, page 60
Quote:

Interrogation Chamber
Model: Imperial Isolation Chamber
Cost: 10,000
Game Notes: It is first required to have at least one holding cell. The base cost covers converting one holding cell into an interrogation chamber. The only official use of an interrogation chamber is for a military agency to deprive a prisoner of sensory data and allow for give them a distorted sense of time. This allows the character to make a persuasion or intimidation skill roll once every six hours against a captive. Unofficially, these chambers are often used for torture, which adds a +1D+2 to the any roll attempting to extract information from a character. However, use of a torture chamber will automatically give any a character a Dark Side point.
Quote:

Personalized Controls
Model: Dalbar Micro Electronics MF-518
Cost: 1000
Game Notes: Personalized controls provides a customized layout and responsiveness of ships controls to a single character. That one character gains a +2 bonus to any use of the ships controls whether it is piloting, computer use, astrogation, starship guns, etc. However, any other character using those same controls get a -2 penalty.
Quote:

Plasma Punch - Pirates and Privateers, page 48
Quote:

Plasma Punch - Pirates and Privateers, page 49
Quote:

Reinforced Keel
Model: Romdro Inudstries “Grond” Hull Ram
Cost: 4000
Game Notes: Reinforced keels are only useful when a ship attempts to ram another. The reinforced hull allows the attacking ship to reduce its damage by half. Additionally, the target ship receives an additional +1 pips of damage for every 1D of damage dealt. However, the pips are added after damage has been rolled. (For example, if a ship was taking 4D damage, the roll would come to 11, then the additional 4 pips would be added for a total of 15).
Source: Scum and Villainy, page 60-61
Quote:

Security Bracing
Model: Grizal Defense Systems KLR-001P
Cost: 2000
Game Notes: This upgrade is a series of bulkheads and clamps specially designed to protect a compartment of a ship when a starship takes damage. Only escape pod sections and passenger sections can be reinforced with security bracing. Those within the secured compartment take one half the normal passenger damage when a ship is damaged or destroyed. See page 112 of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game, Second Edition Revised and Expanded rulebook for more information on passenger damage.
Source: Scum and Villainy, page 61
Quote:

Sensor Baffling – Pirates and Privateers, page 38
Quote:

Sensor mask – Pirates and Privateers, page 38-39
Quote:

Tractor Clamp
Model: Seinar Systems G-51 Gripper
Cost: 15,000
Game Notes: Tractor Clamps are often used in conjunction with plasma torches to board ships. To secure a tractor clamp, an attacking ship will draw in a target ship in with a tractor beam. Once the ships are adjacent, the attacking ship will activate a tracking clamp. It is an extremely short range, but strong tractor beam (with a damage code of 7D). Once the clamp is engaged, a boarding tube is extended to allow for easy boarding with the security of knowing that the target ship will not disengage.
Quote:

Workshop
Model: Tepes Modular 87-C Workshop
Cost: 3000
Weight: 5 metric tons (of cargo space for a work area)
Game Notes: The workshop is a section of benches, tools, plasma cutters, and series of tools that cannot be matched by simple handheld tools. The Workshop allows the characters to do repairs to armor, weapons, equipment, etc. Because of the advanced nature of the tools available, characters receive an additional +2 bonus to all rolls made to repair or modify equipment, weapons, armor, etc. within the shop.

Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, Chesh. I guess this PDF is ready. And you can take all credit for this one, cause there's really not much new I had to do here.

Anyway, here you go:

Scum and Villainy - D6 Conversion
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QCNLQVEN

Enjoy

Last edited by Gry Sarth on Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Gry. It looks fantastic as usual. Thanks for the kind words, but I think that we all know that these conversion guides wouldn't happen without you.

Heh... especially since my additions don't come in until the latter half of the book.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo gentlemen i'm impressed.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Great job, Chesh. I guess this PDF is ready. And you can take all credit for this one, cause there's really not much new I had to do here.

Anyway, here you go:

Enjoy

cheshire wrote:
Thanks, Gry. It looks fantastic as usual. Thanks for the kind words, but I think that we all know that these conversion guides wouldn't happen without you.

Heh... especially since my additions don't come in until the latter half of the book.

Thank you. I have this book and some of the other d20 books for the fluff and pics, but you guys do the dirty work of converting the mechancis to a D6 form and I love you for it. Your efforts are very much appreciated by the Star Wars D6 community. I've said it before and I'll say it again: You guys are the best!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:

Anyway, here you go:

Enjoy

This link is expired, do you have it @ 4shared or another location?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a pdf you're looking for exists in any usable form, the links will be found in the Rancor Pit Downloads page. I suggest bookmarking the link for future reference.

The specific pdf you're looking for can be found here.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: