The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Quest for Jedi Teacher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Quest for Jedi Teacher
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArnetStargazer
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Quest for Jedi Teacher Reply with quote

Hello,

I was wondering if there were any published adventures, which has a Jedi that could become a teacher for a player character.

One of my player wants to be a Quixotic Jedi, who everyone looks down upon and slowly over the course of the campaign become a true Jedi or at least something close to it. I'm hoping to use some of the publish material to help in this task. Thank you in advance for your help!
[/u]
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think there are any Jedi Masters in published WEG products. That sort of information was expanded with the prequel films. You could use Luke Skywalkers stats from Dark Empire or The Thrawn Trilogy or perhaps Yoda from Galaxy Guide 3: Return of the Jedi sourcebooks. You could use any of the many Jedi from fanbooks like Galaxy Guide: The Phantom Menace and Galaxy Guide: Attack of the Clones. Finally, you can just make Jedi Master as you envision them and go from there. Keep in mind you do not need another Jedi to teach you but can also learn from a holocron, etc. Hope that helps.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of anything published, either (not surprising; I'm pretty much main book only, and that not well), but you might also consider that the character wouldn't have *a* master, but would instead wind up part of an informal group of Force Users, from a variety of traditions.

So, some might be younglings or Padawans who avoided capture. Some might be alien force adepts of a variety of different traditions. The character may follow the Jedi Code, but their knowledge base is more eclectic.

There's a bit of this in Legends of Luke Skywalker; in one of the short stories (Fishing in The Deluge), Luke has travelled to a world to learn of their force tradition. I could see a lot of post-purge, would-be Jedi doing this... scraps of lore, in addition to holocrons or other data sources. I could also see the Empire infiltrating some of these groups, passing bad information and seeking recruits.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Keep in mind you do not need another Jedi to teach you but can also learn from a holocron, etc. Hope that helps.

As i've often wondered though, HOW many holocrons really exist, and how much easier is it to find them, vice a master?
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tales of the Jedi Sourcebook* lists several Jedi Masters in Chapter Two: The Jedi -- specifically Arca Jeth (pages 18-20), Chamma (pages 21-23), and Thon (pages 31-33) -- who can be tweaked to fit your needs.

In Chapter Twelve: Running a Tales of the Jedi Campaign (page 139), the book expands on Holocrons, finding a teacher, and learning new skills and powers. The chapter also includes advise on Refereeing a Group of Jedi (page 143) as well as examples of types of adversaries to spring on your group (pages 144-145). The chapter ends with Campaign and Adventure Ideas.

Also included is a solo adventure, Ruins of Kabus-Dabeh.

*Granted the sourcebook takes place thousands of years before the Classic Trilogy, there is plenty to mine and modify to suit your campaign.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments From the Rim has a Jedi NPC that you can use.
There are others but i can't recall which books they are in.
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but I believe the OP is seeking a published campaign of some sort that includes a jedi master training a young force user rather than just stats for a jedi master. If that is the case, I am not aware of anything of the sort. However, Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim not only includes a light and dark side force user, it also includes a chapter on the force that goes into some detail about the training process. It will take some work on your part, bit it is a great resource to help you get your idea developed.
ArnetStargazer
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was originally hoping to find a publish adventure to add into the overall campaign but there seems not to be one that exist. Thank you for the alternate suggestions! I stumble on a force user in Platt's Starport Guide I thought of using but after reviewing your suggestions about The Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim material fit closer to the tone and type of beginner Jedi "master" NPC/ training process I was looking for. Though the use of Holocrons and other materials from the Tale of the Jedi Sourcebook might be a good and interesting future quest, once the player character finds out they exist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: