The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Which Star Wars video games have you played and liked?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> Which Star Wars video games have you played and liked? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Republic Commando Reply with quote

CommanderFocs wrote:
Has anybody here heard of/played Republic Commando? I recently got the game on my xbox one for only 5 bucks, I instantly fell in love with it. For anybody who hasn't heard of it before it is basically a single-player, first person shooter where you play as Delta Squad's leader and command a squad of clone commandos through different missions. Each member of Delta Squad has special talents and abilities which you need for different situations. I love how the game lets you command your squad members to do different things like take sniper positions or form up on you. The graphics aren't much compared to what we have today but for 2005 they aren't too bad. The controls are a bit weird and hard to master, especially for somebody who doesn't play video games a ton but everything else is awesome. The story of the game is pretty good and it has a nice flow to it. The feeling of the game is really what stands out. The game actually makes you feel like you are the leader of an elite squad of clone commandos that go around destroying droids and completing challenging missions. I wish EA could do a remake of Republic Commando or make a game similar to Republic Commando but without the classic EA microtransactions and game-breaking glitches/bugs. The game may not be for everybody but I think it is awesome and I highly recommend it to anybody who likes star wars or first-person shooters. 10/10 game.

Thanks for sharing your review of this Star Wars game.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
WillTasker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be easier to name the SW games I didn't like. But heres the ones I hold near and dear...

X-Wing and TIE Fighter were both enormous time sinks when they were new. Dark Forces opens with a brilliant first level and then sort of peters out a bit. I absolutely loved Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 (someone's earlier complaint about the gameplay was fair, Jedi Outcast did that much better)

I play Battlefront 2 (the most recent one) quite a bit with a friend on PS4. Almost every weekend. Its not a great SW game but its a great f*ck-off sort of game.

Fallen Order is beautiful to look at and handles well but its a grind, and I'll likely never do a second playthru.

Big fan of Shadows Of The Empire on N64 but I haven't played it in ages so I don't know how it holds up. I also dearly loved the SW and ESB games that were on the original Nintendo, as well as the (very, very difficult) ones for the SNES.

Republic Commando is a total joy; my single complaint is that its pretty short. I was never very crazy for either of the KOTOR games by Bioware, which makes me an outlier in most circles.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like Empire at War, especially for the space combat side of house.. Though i have really wanted to see a much more up-to date version of that game, where you have a more of a mix of stuff for ground/air combat.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick Bump: What with this being the week of May the 4th, a lot of older Star Wars games are hugely marked down on Steam right now. I just picked up the X-Wing Bundle (X-Wing SE, TIE Fighter SE, X-Wing Alliance and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter) for <$11, and the Dark Forces / Jedi Knight Bundle for ~9$. Right now, both are 74% off.

Fallen Order and Squadrons are both $9.99 right now, as well.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all the X-wing and Dark Forces games (hell, I even name-dropped them in my signature when I repurchased them from Steam!) as well as Empire at War, Republic Commando, KOTOR 1 and 2, and Squadrons. Of all of them, I only haven't played Squadrons (as my current computer can't run it).

And even though the graphics are really dated, I just spent the last few weeks replaying the original Dark Forces. I had no idea how much I missed blasting those grainy stormtroopers.

I'm currently shopping for a new computer so I'm very much looking forward to playing Squadrons and Fallen Order. I still have to purchase Fallen Order for $9.99 for May 4th. I better go do that now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: