The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Music in Star Wars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Music in Star Wars Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject: The Empire Strikes Back in Concert Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Urban Spaceman wrote:
I went to the Royal Albert Hall in London last year to watch a screening of ESB whilst a live orchestra played the score. As you might imagine, it was great... I've never checked if that is still in the blu-ray version.

Very cool. When I saw ANH with the live orchestra scoring, it was the blu-ray version of the film. I would love to see the other Star Wars movies scored live but as far as I know they haven't come to Columbus yet.

I found out that TESB is coming to Ohio Theater in May with the score being performed live by the Columbus Symphony Orchestra! I'm so there! It will be the first time seeing TESB in the theater in 25 years, and only my second time ever seeing a whole movie scored live (My son and I went to ANH in Concert in October 2017). This time, I'm treating myself to see it in the back of the loge (the front section of the first balcony). I'm pumped to get my live Imperial March on!

AT-AT AT-AT Pilot Star Destroyer Vader
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Wars music thematic analysis Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I edited the second post of this thread with something I never noticed until this week. The composer of Rogue One ingeniously based the main theme of the film (Jyn Erso's Theme) on a John Williams musical figure appearing in ANH. I can't remember where I came across this revelation, but I looked on YouTube for a video on it today and sure enough, there was one (which I edited into the original post)...

[much snipped]

That is so cool about Jyn Erso's theme. I never consciously realized that, but in retrospect it always did sound so familiar!

Michael Giacchino makes awesome music. I've been a fan of his since LOST.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Empire Strikes Back in Concert Reply with quote

Quote:
I found out that TESB is coming to Ohio Theater in May with the score being performed live by the Columbus Symphony Orchestra! I'm so there! It will be the first time seeing TESB in the theater in 25 years, and only my second time ever seeing a whole movie scored live (My son and I went to ANH in Concert in October 2017). This time, I'm treating myself to see it in the back of the loge (the front section of the first balcony). I'm pumped to get my live Imperial March on!

Tonight is the night! I'll leave in about 45 minutes to go downtown. I'm so excited to see TESB in the theater for the first time in 25 years, and to hear my city's symphony orchestra perform the score live underneath the giant movie screen!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This image was near the end of intermission from the front of the balcony. The concert was awesome! It's been since 2017 when we saw ANH in concert, and I forgot how great it is. One of the greatest film scores ever created, performed live in synch with one of the greatest movies ever created. Seeing it with a theater full of fans laughing, cheering, and applauding – I was overwhelmed with emotion. It was definitely my greatest experience ever watching TESB!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cool experience! Cool
Whill

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-Wan Kenobi (John Williams theme for Disney+ show)

I'm not in love with it, but it's not bad.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! Sad that John Williams won't be doing any more of these, most likely. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: