The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Evacuation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Evacuation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodnrbohio
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:20 pm    Post subject: Evacuation Reply with quote

Anyone know where the rules are (or have any ideas) for evacuating a ship? Mainly Stock Light Freighters but what about capital ships? Star Destroyers?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what??? how swiftly a ship can be evacuated?
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot remember having read anything concerning rules for that. But if you want to make rolls, think what kind of attributes would make sense in the process of getting into the escape pod and to fly away.

Hope it helps.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Evacuation Reply with quote

Nodnrbohio wrote:
Anyone know where the rules are (or have any ideas) for evacuating a ship? Mainly Stock Light Freighters but what about capital ships? Star Destroyers?

Nothing official, but I did come up with some applicable rules as part of my Revised Starship Damage Chart, plus a few suggestions as to potential hazards characters might encounter while trying to evacuate a ship.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Evacuation Reply with quote

Nodnrbohio wrote:

Nodnrbohio, welcome to the Rancor Pit! garhkal and I are also in the Columbus area. I'm up on the northwest side of the city.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Ziz
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine there would be different rules depending on the size of the ship and the number of occupants evacuating.

Fighters with just a single pilot and maybe a droid would have something akin to an ejection seat system. Rebel pilots would have to make sure some kind of sealable helmet and air supply is part of their emergency gear; Imperial pilots are effectively designed to be spacesuits, right?

For freighters/small ships, work out how many escape pods the ship has, how many people each pod can hold and how many crew/passengers are on board.

For capital ships, you could use the fighters and other smaller craft it carries to evacuate people as well as probably dozens, if not hundreds, of escape pods scattered all over the ship.

Start digging out ship specs and making notes.
That1guy
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziz wrote:
Rebel pilots would have to make sure some kind of sealable helmet and air supply is part of their emergency gear; Imperial pilots are effectively designed to be spacesuits, right?

IIRC somewhere in the X-wing novels it's mentioned that the ejection seat includes a magcon shield that traps air with the pilot when they eject.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came to think about the intro to ME2 where the Normandy is shot down and the ship is on fire and being evacuated.

here we see the crew run to the escape pods, with one or two officers directing beofre themselves escape.

so I can assume that on captial ships the various departments would have their own escape route to the nearest pods, most likley drieed and done as orderly as possible
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you can bet, they periodically do 'escape drills'...
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit, Nodnrbohio!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: