The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Learning "skills! from investigation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Learning "skills! from investigation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject: Learning "skills! from investigation Reply with quote

Something came up in a discussion I had with a buddy of mine, basically the information gained through investigation can or maybe should be allowed to make a skill increase.

I can see how an investigation roll reveals infarmation on some plnetary system, allowing me "more" knowledge about the systems and then a higher skill overall.

Bureaucracy was also mentioned where information can reveal things normally hidden by bureaucracy.

I can see how both these could be seen as getting more knowledge and I can see how adding to the roll on the next check will solve some of that, but do people simply forget what they learn?

The inframtion gained on a planetary system would be remembered a month later, and we can see it as getting a pip in a speciality but this is a lot of spcialities to track.

So I figured that such information gained, and I am sure there can be other skills that this applies to as well where the infomation gained gives +1 pip at end of adventure and while it is a free pip, it will even with more than the investigation skill be a rare occurance.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of skill synergy??
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really synergy, more use result to get more skills.

I learn some information , I remember this information after learning and I use it later.

I try to find out something about the hidden group, thtough my investigations I learn about them.
becuse I remembere this people, becuse of the information agatheres not nly about the group, but their operations and locations, their hows and their whats if you will, and learninf this about this group also gives me information about the local underword, I learn about this, and possibly about the aiilies and the rival of the group, and the important things around these.....now my Incestigation has become a streetwise.

This informatoned I would say increases my streetwise, I now leared BOTH some new information about my target group of criinals, but i also learend about the world the group inhabitex, the underworld, the who is who, and the ways things work there.......all possible to find out through an investigation.

And all adding knowldge to my streetwise skill in this case.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simpler version would be to have a success on the Investigation roll provide either a temporary bonus or a Difficulty modifier to the Streetwise roll.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
A simpler version would be to have a success on the Investigation roll provide either a temporary bonus or a Difficulty modifier to the Streetwise roll.

I agree, however, what about the next streetwise roll, or the 7th. The information gained imo is more than a temporary 1 time boost, but it actually do grow your streetwise wise knowledge as it is more information revelaed, unless it is forgotten by the end of adventure.

I was thinking that the times this happens, it is after the adventure actually given a pip in the reevant skill, and use the bonues to dice rolls as above during the adventure.

now this can be either a pure bonus pip, or it can be a pip being locked to that skill, and when you can advance you advance this by 2 pips not 1 and at the cost of 1
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

I lean this way, more than a good investigation roll, giving free pips for other skills, that are long lasting..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: