The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Disney Star Wars not Disney enough
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Disney Star Wars not Disney enough
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:23 am    Post subject: Disney Star Wars not Disney enough Reply with quote

So, I am going to come right out with it. I am so very dissapointed in Disney's handling of Star Wars, but not for the reasons you might think. Disney has controlled Star Wars for many years now, but has not many significant effort or progress into truly incorporating Star Wars into the Disney family of films or putting Disney's own mark on Star Wars. When will they finally add the musical numbers and long song and dance sequences? I have been patiently waiting for the re-release of a new version of Episode Four where I can finally see Luke break into a rendition of "Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I'll join the Rebellion, Tomorrow, it's only a day away" or Greedo busting out some mad dance moves to "I'm a Mean Green Mutha' from Outer Space" before Han guns him down, but no dice? What gives Disney? Where's my Space Opera... with emphasis on Opera?!
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Disney Star Wars not Disney enough Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
So, I am going to come right out with it. I am so very dissapointed in Disney's handling of Star Wars, but not for the reasons you might think. Disney has controlled Star Wars for many years now, but has not many significant effort or progress into truly incorporating Star Wars into the Disney family of films or putting Disney's own mark on Star Wars. When will they finally add the musical numbers and long song and dance sequences? I have been patiently waiting for the re-release of a new version of Episode Four where I can finally see Luke break into a rendition of "Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I'll join the Rebellion, Tomorrow, it's only a day away" or Greedo busting out some mad dance moves to "I'm a Mean Green Mutha' from Outer Space" before Han guns him down, but no dice? What gives Disney? Where's my Space Opera... with emphasis on Opera?!

When Luke rescues Princess Leia from the detention block, he must wake her with a kiss!!!

The Jawas must sing "heigh ho!" when approching the Lars farmstead.

One thing they don't have to change: Luke & Leia's mom died, in true Disney fashion.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ThrorII 0 that's the stuff.

It;s even funnier if the Jawas are singing it in Jawaese.

The Emperor offering Luke an apple to turn him to the dark side... Admiral Akbar singing Under the sea... the cantina band is already perfect...and Max Rebo's band was already Disneyfied by Lucas Himself before the sale with the special edition.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie you're all thinking of is called "Space Balls".
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might even settle for Darth Vader doing s Gene Kelly worthy tap dance routine...
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the devastaing ripple in the very fabric of the force with the loss of our beloved Princess, Disney at least meade an effore in the "marry poppins" scene form TLJ
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because sometimes, dreams do come true-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUB-h2NeQYA
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:

She's a better Leia. This is one of my faves. NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL52R7m8b7w

"I’ll rap faster, outlast her, outclass her, surpass her,
I’m a master with a blaster, you’re a renn faire disaster"
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
KageRyu wrote:

She's a better Leia. This is one of my faves. NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL52R7m8b7w

"I’ll rap faster, outlast her, outclass her, surpass her,
I’m a master with a blaster, you’re a renn faire disaster"

I never saw that rap battle. Thank you!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: