The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

FRINGE [TV Series, 2008-2013]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> FRINGE [TV Series, 2008-2013] Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:34 pm    Post subject: X-Files Reply with quote

Quote:
Pilot (1)
Humbug (2)
Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose (3)
Jose Chung's ‘From Outer Space’ (3)
Bad Blood (5)
Lost Art of Forehead Sweat (11)

So after re-watching some of Star Trek: Enterprise s4 (towards eventually rewatching Discovery s1-2 and Strange New Worlds), I decided to pause ST and watch the above X-Files episodes. I added the pilot just because, and watched half of it today. I have no memory of "Humbug" from reading a synopsis, so I'm pretty sure I never saw that one. But I have seen the rest before, but not for many years except the last one. I'm going to get my wife to watch the last one with me. Thanks for the episode suggestions, Doug!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you enjoyed them!
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Glad you enjoyed them!

I didn't finish them that quick. It normally takes two weekdays to watch one TV episode. I just finished "Humbug" today. That and the Pilot were both ok. I'm more looking forward to the next four eps on the list. I'll start "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" tomorrow.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be curious what you think of them. CBFR often gets cited as the best episode of the series (in various articles and polls). I like it and think it's good, but to me it's not quite as funny as some of the others.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since last week, I watched the next two episodes on my above watch-list. I had seen them before but it has been many years.

DougRed4 wrote:
Be curious what you think of them. CBFR often gets cited as the best episode of the series (in various articles and polls). I like it and think it's good, but to me it's not quite as funny as some of the others.

I've read that "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" is not only the best X-Files episode, but also one of the best episodes of any TV series. I wouldn't even go as far as the former, but it is a good episode and I enjoyed it more than the first two episodes on the list.

I enjoyed "Jose Chung's ‘From Outer Space’" even more. It's a classic. Here are some of my favorite lines...

Quote:
AGENT MULDER: You still going to hold the boy?

DETECTIVE MANNERS: Oh, you bet your blankety-blank bleep I am.

Quote:
MANNERS: Hey! I just got a call from some crazy bleep-head saying he was an eyewitness to this alien abduction. Do you feel like talking to this blank-hole?

Quote:
BLAINE FAULKNER: Well, I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons & Dragons and not learn a little something about courage.

Quote:
MAN IN BLACK #1 (Jesse Ventura): Some alien encounters are hoaxes perpetrated by your government to manipulate the public. Some of these hoaxes are intentionally revealed to manipulate the truth-seekers who become discredited if they disclose the deliberately absurd deception.

MULDER: Similar things are said about the men in black. That they purposely dress and behave strangely so that if anyone tries to describe an encounter with them, they come off sounding like a lunatic.

MAN IN BLACK #1: I find absolutely no reason why anyone would think you crazy if you described this meeting of ours.

MAN IN BLACK #2 (Alex Trebek puts his hand on Mulder's shoulder): You're feeling very sleepy, very... relaxed.

Quote:
AGENT SCULLY: That was Detective Manners. He said they just found your bleeping UFO.

Quote:
SCULLY: I know it probably doesn't have the sense of closure that you want... but it has more than some of our other cases.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Laughing I love Jose Chung's. Until Bad Blood came along, it was my favorite TXF episode!

You might be interested to know (or perhaps you already did) that there is a Millennium episode that is sort of a sequel to it, with Charles Nelson Reilly returning as writer Jose Chung. It's called "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" (s2, e9) and it was written and directed by Darin Morgan. I'm not as much of a fan of Millennium, so I've only seen that one once.

Also, a fun bit of trivia that you may or may not have known: Detective Manners was named after TXF most prolific director, the late Kim Manners, and this was poking fun at the fact that he cussed with just about every other word. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: