The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Tales of Scurvy Squadron [FFG X-Wing Miniatures Game]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> Tales of Scurvy Squadron [FFG X-Wing Miniatures Game]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: Tales of Scurvy Squadron [FFG X-Wing Miniatures Game] Reply with quote

This is an X-wing Miniatures, Heroes of Aturi Cluster CJ. Tales of Scurvy squad.. a motley band of 3 (may expand to four) pilots, designated to defend the aturi cluster.
First up is the squad leader (a guy by the name of Corr), who flew a Y-wing, with the R2 astromech, Vectored thrusters modification and an Ion turret.
His wife (Shatter-jet), in a jet black X-wing with a seismic torpedo, vectored thrusters also, and another R2 astromech.
Then me - Hammertong, a second Y-wing, also with an R2 and ion turret, but i took a seismic bomb.

Our first mission was local trouble, a ten turn limit mission, where all we needed to do was survive.
our opposition was two Eyeballs (Tie fighters) in Alpha squad, another two Eyeballs in Beta squad, a singular Squint (Interceptor) in Delta squad and finally two more Eyeballs in Gama squad.
Our group set up moving in slowly on the NW corner of the map, hoping to draw all the imperials towards us, and maybe have some congregate around where one of the asteroids were, so Shatter-jet could hit it with her seismic torpedo, but alas that was not to be for a long time (took till the 8th round for it to happen, but it paid off nicely).

During the first two turns, nothing much really happened, but by turn 3 we were in the thick of it. Hammer-tong dropped his seismic bomb, damaging three ties, after two bumped into both him and the squad leader, while Shatter was moving round them, it unfortunately took her out of shot.. Our turrets sang, but only one Tie got ionized...
Then in round 4 the squint showed up, and we all made a B-line towards it hoping to overwhelm it, but alas its evade was too good for our shots.. Slowly Hammertong lost all three of his shields, and even Shatter lost both of hers.. Then we started to see the Eyeballs go Poof. First went Alpha 2, then Beta 1.. But by then Gama's twin pack showed up..

Several more rounds of fire went off, and a third tie fighters, and the interceptor fell to our shots, but not before i had sustained four hull damage (thank god Y-wings have 5 hull!).. By the end of the intro mission, we had all survived, taken all but 3 of our seven enemies out.
Since this was an intro for Corr, and a TOTALLY new experience for his wife, i thought they all did well. She listened to our advice, and seemed to get into the thick of things rather well..

After the xp was dolled out, She had earned 6xp, i had also earned 6, and our fearless squad leader earned 5.. He purchased an Advance proton torpedo, i purchased a Stealth device AND a Plasma torpedo, and she didn't decide what to spend her stuff on yet..
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a third player (bringing us up to 4 total) join in, gave him the once over of how its played.. He (Carnell in my ADND Group), made up an X-wing.. He's going with the R2-D2 astromech (for 4 points, leaving 1 of his starting 5), but he took the Renegade refit Torpedo mod (that essentially removes the torp slot and gives him an extra ship mod slot, and 2 more xp), to which he filled it with a Hull upgrade for 3xp..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: