The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force User's Handbook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Force User's Handbook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Question about the next section:

I'm going to be including the various crystals that can be used in the lightsaber, including the ones mentioned in FFG, KOTOR, and KOTORII. The ones in KOTOR and KOTORII have descriptions of what effect they have, but the damage they inflict - ion, flame, etc. - is in d20 stats. 1d6, 1d8, etc. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can convert them to WEG D6 system? Those that do 1d6 I can made 1D, but what about the others?

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=140817&sid=f761310d7330e019a42a710fe97d07d3

Post number 6 should help by Phalanks Balas
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I'll read it more carefully and incorporate it into my work. I'll give credit to the poster when the time comes.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work on the lightsaber section is proceeding well. Saving the customization portion - the hilt, power cell, focusing lens, and crystals for last. And BTW, Darklighter79, I read that section, and I can definitely use it. I can also use it as a guide for the other components I mentioned.

Anyway, one reason why this section is a little easier to do is that most of the powers associated with the lightsabers have already been created. It's just a matter of transferring them to this section. I transferred the bleeding power to the Sith portion of this section. That's expected. Here's the question: should I place the cleanse power afterwards? I know it's a Jedi power that a Sith wouldn't use, but considering how the Sith can make a kyber crystal "bleed", and a Jedi can "heal" that crystal with the cleanse power, it seems to make sense to have bleeding followed by cleanse, rather than having cleanse before bleeding. That's how I'm doing it unless someone suggests otherwise.

And here I was hoping I'd be doing the unique locations and individuals by now. Getting that done before the Phase II books start coming out next week. Getting sick delayed things, and the holocron and lightsaber sections are taking longer because of the amount of resource materials.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting to the modulating crystals like Opari and Solari. However, I noticed that the posting you referred me to didn't list the effect the Heart of the Guardian and the Mantle of the Force had on the modulating crystals. I'm going to have to draw on the stuff from the guide books and GameFaqs for that.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering how the Heart of the Guardian and the Mantle of the Force change the properties of some modulating crystals, I'm listing the stats as +1/+2/+3, for example. The orange number reflects the influence Heart of the Guardian has, and the cyan number reflects the influence Mantle of the Force has. Will that be okay, or should I stick with black and indicate the changes to the modulating crystals' properties in detail?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARGH!!! I'm finally done with the lightsaber section. And here I thought with all the information presented in d6 format and the powers I made would have made things easier to complete. Instead, it took longer because of the variants for the lightsaber and the numerous lightsaber crystals presented on the Wook and in the FFG games. I also included a section dealing with the modifications that could be made on the lightsabers.

And even with that, there are crystals that I have little or no information on to make d6 stats for. Here's a listing of them in case anyone wants to try and make them. If they do, I'll incorporate them into the work and give you the due credit.

From KOTORII: Marilite, Meetra Surik's crystal
From The Old Republic: Meditation crystal, Rhyolite
From Collapse of the Republic: Christophsis crystal
From Rise of the Separatists: Zophis crystal
From Savage Spirits: Nishalorite stone, Varpeline crystal
From Keeping the Peace: Kimber stone, Sorian crystal
From Endless Vigil: Etaan crystal, Ghostfire crystal
From Disciples of Harmony: Seeker crystal
From Knights of Fate: Jedha crystal
From Unlimited Power: Tainted Nightsister crystal
From Star Wars Galaxies games: Allya’s Exile, Allya’s Redemption, Baas’ Wisdom, Bane’s Heart, Blackwing crystal, Bnar’s Sacrifice, Bondara’s Folly, Cunning of Tyranus, Dawn of Dagobah, Horn's Future, Kenobi’s Legacy, Kun's Blood, Nak’tra crystal, Prowess of Plo Koon, Rol Stones, Sunrider’s Destiny, Ulic's Redemption, Windu's Guilde
From Lost Tribe of the Sith and other sources: Lignan crystal
From Master and Apprentice: Kohlen crystal
From The Force Unleashed games: Corrosion, Impact, Incineration, Katak, Life Drain
From Clone Wars Adventures games: Dahgee crystal

I found information about Meetra Surik from GameFaqs related to the KOTORII strategy guide, but it changes over the course of the game. I would rather prefer a fixed set of stats.

With the inclusion of this section, I've now add another 73 pages to this work. And there's another section and several more powers left to do. I'm taking a break this weekend before going back into the grindstone.
As for the Phase II section, that's consisting of three books and the comics, though I wait until I get the comics in TPB before reading them. Nevertheless, I refer to the Wook when searching for any new powers in these works. Paths of Deception doesn't have anything, so that's complete.

I'm considering changing Stonepower from a Force power to a new Force skill. Should I?

Progress list as it is:
Overall progress: 73.125% complete
New Force Powers: 60% complete.
Meditation exercise: 100% complete.
P----_--_----rt-----: 100% complete.
----s---e: 100% complete
Lightsaber section: 100% complete.
Holocron/Sith Holocron section: 100% complete.
"Unique entities and worlds - tentative title": ?% complete.
Phase II powers: 25% complete

I definitely want to get all the remaining sections complete and added by Thanksgiving. A week before Christmas at the absolute latest.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a further elaboration on the issue with stonepower. According to the Wook, stonepower allows one to use Force abilities like telekinesis when near the blue stones. That includes those who aren't Force-sensitive. Now that sounds very similar to the Ta-Ree spells from the Darkstryder Campaign series.

As such, I don't think I can treat stonepower as a Force power like telekinesis and lightsaber combat. So how should I treat it now? Like a Ta-Ree spell? Or make it it's own Force skill like control, sense, and alter?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been feeling burned out since I did the lightsaber section. No real oomph to get the unique locations and individuals section done. So I think I'm going to stop my work on it for now. Just need to work on editing and repaginating the table of contents and index. That's going to be a joy with all the new info I've added.

The update will be posted around Christmas, so don't worry about that.

And already here are some ideas for next year's update:
The unique locations and individuals.

Both the Fallanassi and Matukai have made their official canon debut in the Phase II comics. Here's hoping for some new powers.

What's this? New Force traditions? Lonto? Yacombe? Path of the Open Hand?

And some kind of cage that can hold a Sith Lord in stasis? Suggesting that the Sith can somehow manipulate time? I gotta read the Hidden Empire TPB comic when I get it.

The future looks bright with possibilities. But for the here and now, I'm sluggish and somewhat uninterested. Definitely need a vacation from this project. Will continue to do tidbits here and there. Getting parts of the next section done, but I doubt I'll get it done by Christmas.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, keeping up with the annual tradition, here's the most recent version of my work.

The Force Compendium

Hope you like the two special sections I included. I gave you hints over the past few months playing the hangman's game with their titles.

I have some text in my work in orange and cyan. If you can read them, great. If you can't, let me know, and I'll change the color and post another update.

After the New Year, I'm going to ask two questions about this work, and I hope I can get your opinions on them.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll upload it to the Library soon. I found the colored text you referred to in the document. The orange is not too bad but the cyan is bit bothersome to read. Any chance it could be changed in the next release?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold off until tomorrow. Am changing cyan to blue now and will post a new link when done.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. The color edit is done, and I posted the revised version. You can make the link to it in the library now.

The Force Compendium
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is some feedback to the Force book on Facebook:

Quote:
This. Is. Awesome!

Quote:
Oh this is something I needed

Quote:
Absolutely incredible piece of work.

Quote:
Great Job!

Quote:

Quote:

And this is a question:

Quote:
Pg. 143, Jar’Kai doesn’t have prerequisites listed, but on Pg. 149 Twin Strike has a form bonus that suggests it’s supposed too?
What am I missing?
By the way I’m loving this compendium

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill, many thanks to your compliments. Though I could do without those two headbangers. Hated them for the most part. The only times I got a laugh out of them was when I saw them get hurt. Mostly because of their own stupidity.

As for your questions about Jar'Kai - I went to the JATM. I see I missed something when I was doing my polishing. Most likely I did a copy from another lightsaber power with the intent to edit it accordingly, but I missed it. Thanks.

Now I have some questions and a request for help that others on the board might want to tackle.

First question - when I did the lightsaber crystals and the benefits from them, I combined the article that was here on the boards with a page on GameFaqs.com that listed from the KOTOR Player's Guide what benefits the crystals had, along with how the benefits changed when adding Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force. In doing this, did I make the benefits of these crystals unbalancing? Perhaps overpowering?

Request for help - I know there have been conversions of the ships listed in the FFG books. There haven't been any conversions of the crystals that were introduced in any of the FFG books. If anyone wishes to tackle them, please do and let me know what the results are.

Second question - Should I include the DarkStryder artifacts in the Ta-Ree spells section? There were only three of them - the mindwarping module, the flame module, and the lightning module. They weren't Force powers, but devices that mimicked them.

Third question - The RPGGamer.org site listed two fan-made Force skills and powers associated with them. I wanted to contact the people who came up with them, but they're terra incognito. While I considered them to be overpowered and unbalancing, I was inspired to create several Force powers, like maximize Force on another, and the two Force skills I created - Cosmic Sense and Vongsense. I asked this question before, but I never got an answer. So I'll ask again - should I keep stonepower as a Force power, or make it a Force skill instead. I'm inclined to make it a skill because from the Wook entry, it seems it's a skill that can only be used under certain circumstances. Basically, I don't think Yoda can use stonepower and the sense skill simultaneously any more than Jacen Solo can have use Vongsense and sense simultaneously. It has to be one or the other.

Well, I managed to get that one power I seemed to have missed all along - cloak of doubt - added, as well as the one new power I've seen so far from Phase II - aerialwalk. I already know what sources to look forward to next year for more info:

Phase II novels and comics - the mention of the Lonto, Yacombe, Path of the Open Hand definitely hints at new Force traditions. Having the Matukai and Fallanassi officially appear in canon also hints at potential new powers. The Fallanassi seem to be more active and aggressive in the comics than they did in the Legends novels.

Cal Kestis is back in a sequel game and a novel taking place between them. Seen the preview clips for the game, and we see Cal Kestis using new powers. So far, I think they're ones that we've seen before. But still, who knows what they're going to do with him in the game.

I'm going to have to look through the backlog of comics focusing on Aphra. That cult or something combining the Force with technology or something along that line... Another Force tradition? More Force powers? Got to read them.

But the main focus for the immediate future is to do that one section I didn't get a chance to add this time - the unique individuals and places. Mortis and the Ones. Lothal. Bendu. The World Between Worlds. And the unique Force powers associated with the places and the individuals and creatures living there.

Obviously, there's plenty of research material to look through in the future. So this work isn't going to be static by any means. Just need the time to do the research.

Thanks again for the compliments. Pass on my request for assistance and let me know your opinions on my questions. I believe Phase III of the High Republic begins late September or early October. I will be posting an update at the beginning of July in preparation of Phase III, just like I did last year in preparation of Phase II.

Happy New Year.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill, can you post a link to the area on Facebook where people are complimenting my work?

Question about the Locations & Individuals section - do you want me to go into detail about the planets in question? Or a general overview? For example, I will obviously mention the Jedi Temple and the doorway to the World Between Worlds, but do I need to provide similar detail about Lothal? Or can I get away with a brief mention of the features about the planet? Kinda like providing RPG stats for the planet like you've seen in The Planets Collection, various sourcebooks from WEG, and here on the boards?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: