The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My Favorite Character Sheet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> My Favorite Character Sheet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject: My Favorite Character Sheet Reply with quote

A while ago, I found the following example of a custom designed character sheet: https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/c21brj/swtorinspired_character_sheet_for_tabletop_d6_rpg/.
I loved it so much, I recreated it from scratch and use it for all my and my players' character sheets. I also used the same style to develop Starship Sheets as well (like the one I posted for my Intersector Sloop Quantum Stalker.

Has anyone else seen or designed an interesting Star Wars character sheet?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: My Favorite Character Sheet Reply with quote

Dr. Bidlo wrote:
My Favorite Character Sheet...

Glad you found something you like and recreated it for your use. I don't get the luxury of actively having a favorite because my game system includes some revisions which require a custom character sheet. But I'll tell you what I don't like. I'm not blind but I don't like tiny print on these things. I don't like trying to cram all that info into a single page, so I don't...

Dr. Bidlo wrote:
Has anyone else seen or designed an interesting Star Wars character sheet?

I made a character sheet in Word for my game, but it is not flashy or stylish so I am guessing it would not qualify as interesting. It is functional. But it does use the fonts from the R&E book so there is that.

It is actually a 4-page portfolio (2 sheets, both front and back). Page 1 is a Character Development Worksheet à la Heroes & Rogues and Platt's Smuggler's Guide. Page 2 is an image, plus gender/species, age, height, mass, handedness, physical description, background, connection with other, characters, personality, objectives, quotes, weapons, equipment, personal items, and credits. Page 3 is the core: the attributes and skills, caliber, initiative, move, wound status, stun accumulation, damage resistance, strength damage, skill points, character points, fate points, dark side points, language fluencies, advantages, and special abilities. Page 4 is open for player notes. Page 2 and 3 are normally face up during play, but each can be flipped over to see the other sides when needed.

When 2e began, one thing I really missed about the 1e character sheets was all the skills being pre-listed on the character sheets. My game system has reduced the number of skills from 2e, but there are still too many to list them all on one page (without reducing the font size too much). So I compromised by categorizing skills into two types: character sheet skills and other skills. The most common skills are on the character sheet, but there is room to add skills from the other list as each characters learn them. I feel that the common skills being pre-listed is important for new players to have reminders of the different kinds of things the character can do, and reminders of which skills are under which attributes, especially for the 'attribute defaulting' of skills that haven't been improved.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you verify the fonts used in the WEG books?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All WEG books, no. But the main fonts used in R&E are ITC Cheltenham and ITC Serif Gothic for some headings. I purchased these fonts and put them into my mac Font Book, which allowed me to add them to Microsoft Office. Cheltenham is really not that far off from Times New Roman.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Bidlo, you might want to have a gander at my Public Star Wars Stuff folder in my GoogleDocs. The D6 SWU Campaign Aids Folder has a few D6 Star Wars fillable sheets for characters, vehicles, and starships that you might find useful. Not to mention quite a few other SWD6 trivia tidbits that you may or may not have any interest in. Feel free to root around where you can in my GoogleDocs folder with my link in my signature. If you have any questions, just reply back here on this thread.

In addition, I had my friend Mr. Gone design a fillable BoSS Spacers Information sheet copied from Platt's Smuggling Guide. Here's a copy of the BoSS sheet I made for my smuggler character Jolmar Bulth. And here's a copy of the sheet I made for his YT-1930 light freighter, the Winning Argument.
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp, those are great fillable forms and are definitely true to form. Thanks for sharing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: