The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

CE-2 Transport Original Art Restoration Project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork -> CE-2 Transport Original Art Restoration Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: CE-2 Transport Original Art Restoration Project Reply with quote

This is more than a call for assistance; it is a cry for help.
In early 2014, i was disgruntled that Pirates & Privateers showed the wrong ship in their Ship Recognition Chart (p.60) for the CE-2 Transport.
I also owned the Shadows of the Empire SOURCEBOOK, which i proceeded to scour, cover to cover, front to back & back to front! On the third pass or so, i found it! Page 125! Buried under the Virago's stat block & info on Skyhooks.
I don't know how to track down the artists & writing staff for WEG, but i may yet try tracking down those credited in Shadows, but i had made the best scan i could, & started trying to clean it up...
Since then, the working file became corrupted, & i have to start fresh off the bitmap master file.

I share a png copy here, so others can work on it if they are inclined and as a backup should something happen to me & i am unable to pursue this...
I am open to help & suggestions, in correcting this Crime Against Art.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand they were trying something new, to spice things up a bit, and for the most part it worked.
But making a new ship design for the game, and not showing it in a clear, B&W presentation, is mind-boggling...

What is even more confusing is the video game & comic book use the Mobquet Medium Cargo Hauler for the Suprosa,
Granted, this was the first major multimedia event of its kind, so some errors are par for the course, but to ship-junkies like me it seems they really dropped the ball...

Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.

Last edited by Inquisitor1138 on Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, that looks less like a ship than it does the cut-away cross section of an X-Wing's engine.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the SotE comic book representation of the CE-2.

Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

This... This is quite interesting... Where & How did you find it?

Also, thanks for saving me from restoring a readily-available engine schematic!
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
This... This is quite interesting... Where & How did you find it?

It's a panel from the Shadows of the Empire comic book mini-series. Don't recall which issue or the page number, but it came up on an internet search for "Shadows of the Empire comic book suprosa". It wasn't the first entry, but I had seen it previously and knew what to look for as I scanned through.

Quote:
Also, thanks for saving me from restoring a readily-available engine schematic!

Any time. Trooper Helmet

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: CE-2 Transport Original Art Restoration Project Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:

CRMcNeill wrote:

Looking at them side-by-side, I have to say that is exactly what it is.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:
What is even more confusing is the video game & comic book use the Mobquet Medium Cargo Hauler for the Suprosa,
Granted, this was the first major multimedia event of its kind, so some errors are par for the course, but to ship-junkies like me it seems they really dropped the ball...

Suprosa

It is true that the SotE novel stated the Suprosa is Corellian. However multimedia sources conflicted, and I'm sorry to report that the retconning practices of the EU have landed on the novel being declared the "error", so officially, the Suprosa is not a CE-2 Transport. It is a Mobquet ship as indicated in the other sources. The Wookieepedia page for the Raid on the Suprosa uses comic book image CRM shared above, so that officially does not represent a CE-2.

I have the trade paperback compilation of the series, and unfortunately no pages are numbered in it. For this trade format they edited out all indications of where each individual issue started and ended, so I can't even tell you which of the original comic book issues that comic image is shared from. It is a little more than half-way through the book. And there are no other images of the Suprosa in the entire book–that page is literally the only graphic portrayal of that battle.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:05 am    Post subject: Now there are TWO of THEM... Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:

Suprosa

It is true that the SotE novel stated the Suprosa is Corellian. However multimedia sources conflicted, and I'm sorry to report that the retconning practices of the EU have landed on the novel being declared the "error", so officially, the Suprosa is not a CE-2 Transport. It is a Mobquet ship as indicated in the other sources. The Wookieepedia page for the Raid on the Suprosa uses comic book image CRM shared above, so that officially does not represent a CE-2.

I have the trade paperback compilation of the series, and unfortunately no pages are numbered in it. For this trade format they edited out all indications of where each individual issue started and ended, so I can't even tell you which of the original comic book issues that comic image is shared from. It is a little more than half-way through the book. And there are no other images of the Suprosa in the entire book–that page is literally the only graphic portrayal of that battle.

According to the https://www.theforce.net/timeline/sote.asp timeline, the attack on the Suprosa, aka Raid on the Suprosa, is in issue 4 of 6, which aligns with what you said. I have a simple fix for this bit of discontinuity; in my headcanon there are two Suprosas, the CE-2 & the MB-C1 medium transport. A classic shell-game!
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Starting Over from Scratch Reply with quote

So i am thinking, i might as well sketch up my own interpretation of the CE-2...
I am thinking 3 models/configurations, 100-200 meters long, engine block being the last 20 meters.
That leaves 80-100 meters for cargo containers....

From the 2nd ed.-Star Wars Sourcebook (is this the Blue Vader?):
Standard Transport Container Sizes
Length -----Height -----Width -----Volume
10 meters --10 meters --10 meters --1,000 cubic meters
20 meters --10 meters --10 meters --2,000 cubic meters
40 meters --20 meters --10 meters --8,000 cubic meters
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting Over from Scratch Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:

No, "Blue Vader" is not the 2e Sourcebook. The book we refer to as "Blue Vader" is the first 2e core rules book (1992). It is blue and has Vader on the cover. The 2eR&E core rules book replaced this book.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting Over from Scratch Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:

No, "Blue Vader" is not the 2e Sourcebook. The book we refer to as "Blue Vader" is the first 2e core rules book (1992). It is blue and has Vader on the cover. The 2eR&E core rules book replaced this book.

Thanks, Whill! Idk if i have that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: