The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The CRMcNeill Stat Index Update & Feedback Page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> The CRMcNeill Stat Index Update & Feedback Page Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I’m also moving out of my apartment and changing jobs, so I have very little time to spare for much of anything. Especially not well-thought-out stat posts.

Good luck & best wishes on the move & the new job! I hope it is fun & satisfying!

Me, i hate moving, but maybe that's just me.....
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discussed this with CRM and he's given me his permission: I'm in the process of copying all of CRM's starship stats and (at least some of) his optional rules in docfile and PDF form for individual download from my GoogleDocs that can be accessed from my signature link. I've only just started and it's a project that is likely to take days, if not weeks, to finish, but I like CRM's work so much I feel the need to provide an alternative archive for it.

I finished compiling the Rebel starfighters in docfile form last night; I'm doing the Imperial fighters as I write this. Considering that there are at least 2 dozen subsections of stats and houserules, this is gonna take a while. I'll provide directions to the documents (both docfiles and PDFs) in a future post once I'm further along.

Oh and each individual entry will have appropriate artwork found from across the Internet (or as close as I can manage). Razz Most of them will likely feature Fractalsponge's work, while others will feature artwork from the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade website. The rest will be from DeviantArt or even more exotic sources, but ALL will be properly cited with permission (where possible).
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! looking forward to it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill's Cloaking Device rules are still a WIP, right? I just noticed that the TIE Phantom was curiously missing from the list of Imperial fighters and then saw that CRM's Cloaking Device rules are still under the "Work In Progress" section and figured this was why that was so.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s more complicated than that. My cloaking device rules are designed more for a “Submarines in Space” feel, whereas the cloak on the TIE Phantom is more of a Trek-type single-blind cloak, with a massive power drain to other systems when active. Because it’s a single-blind, all it would need is a really high Stealth rating with the stipulation of modified performance and no laser cannon while cloaked.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished the docfiles for all the starfighters and the PDFs for the Rebel and Imp starfighters. The PDFs for the general starfighters are gonna take another day.

The path to find them in my GoogleDocs from the link in my signature is as follows:

Public Star Wars Stuff>D6 Stats Folder>CRMcNeill's Revised Stats Write-ups and from there either the Alliance, Imperial or General folders THEN the Docfile or PDF folders from the faction folder. Remember that the General PDFs are still pending.

Slow and steady wins the race. Shocked Confused Cool
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the Starfighters/Scout Ships and Space Transports are all done. I'm skipping down to the Bulk Freighters since I have a few of them done already.

G-ddamn, but this is taking a while. Shocked (Not that I expected anything different.)
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skipped the Ground Vehicles & Airspeeders and Weapons & Equipment sections (but I got Droids done) to work on Capital Ships. Rebel Capital Ships and Weapon Systems are both done, Imperial Capital Ships are 2/3 done, and General Capital Ships are maybe 1/3 done.

I also got the Rebel Bulk Freighters and Transports done. The Imperial Garrison and the M3185 Shield Station (space station seen in Rogue One) in Space Stations and Structures are also done.

The work continues.

EDIT: 8:52pm EST on 1/29/23: Just finished the Imperial capital ships. Moving on to the General capital ships.

EDIT2: 10:02pm EST on 1/31/23: Just finished the General capital ships. The entire Capital Ships section is done. Back to Imperial Bulk Transports.

EDIT3: 10:29pm EST on 2/1/23: Except for the Mobile Depot Ship, all the Bulk Transports are done.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

I was looking over the scale rules (CRMcneill)
and noticed that there was a gap between stardestroyers and super star destroyers.
Of course differnt categories and they should not be changed.
but with ships larger than Star Destoryers but much smaller than the super star destroyers, like some of the ships labeled Battlecruisers

I was thiniing becuse these ships in most information seems to be a class between and in the 2200-5000meter range, I was thinking maybe adding in the Cruiser Category, between Destroyer +12 and Super Star Destroyer +16

Desstroyer+12D
Cruiser+14D
Super Star Destroyer+16D

I also see there is no Death Star scale, and was thinking maybe this is becuse you actually treat it as a "surface" and scale the targets like the towers and the like using the abive scale.

basically sectioning up the Death Star ( and alike size/type) and target parts of it using the scale
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Skipped the Ground Vehicles & Airspeeders and Weapons & Equipment sections (but I got Droids done) to work on Capital Ships. Rebel Capital Ships and Weapon Systems are both done, Imperial Capital Ships are 2/3 done, and General Capital Ships are maybe 1/3 done.

I also got the Rebel Bulk Freighters and Transports done. The Imperial Garrison and the M3185 Shield Station (space station seen in Rogue One) in Space Stations and Structures are also done.

The work continues.

That is quite a bit of work there!
Very impressive project - thank you for your contribution to the community.

QUESTION:
One curiosity - for keeping track of data etc. are you putting anything into a spreadsheet? I don't do individual stats in my game (I base things on types and variants) BUT I do like looking at stats to give me ideas on ranges - so always interested in data.

Thanks for your contribution to the community - it inspires me to get my house rules document cleaner, and ready to share for feedback...

best of luck in your progress.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, trying to use Excel gives me fits, though I should probably make the effort to learn how to use it some day soon. No, at this point, I'm just writing up individual entries as Word docfiles, proofreading them, and then converting them to PDFs. I make sure to post both the docfiles and the PDFs in their respective GoogleDocs folders should anyone prefer one type of file over the other.

The only things I have left to do are the Weapons & Equipment, Ground Vehicles & Airspeeders, and Space Stations, though I've made at least a bit of progress in each. I'm hoping to add the XQ space platforms to CRM's list of space stations; he and I are consulting each other about that. I'll be getting to the Golan I, II, and III soon enough; there are some discrepancies I have to solve first.

As for the Crossover stuff and CRM's stuff beyond that, I'm not very interested in posting that stuff immediately, though I might get to it sometime in the future. CRM's House Rules, however, I think I need to do for completeness' sake, especially the Scale rules at the very least.

The work continues.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
I was looking over the scale rules (CRMcneill)

Then you should’ve replied in the Scale topic, since this isn’t relevant here. And your point has already been addressed and rejected quite some time ago in that thread.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of getting rid of the House Rules Notes section on my various stats by integrating the individual House Rule into the appropriate section of the stat itself, indicated by either [Brackets] or {Braces}. Specifically, Command Difficulty Modifier would be appended to Skill, Shield Control to Shields, Velocity Modifier to Maneuverability, and Battery Dice to the individual Fire Arcs for that weapon.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I'm thinking of getting rid of the House Rules Notes section on my various stats by integrating the individual House Rule into the appropriate section of the stat itself, indicated by either [Brackets] or {Braces}. Specifically, Command Difficulty Modifier would be appended to Skill, Shield Control to Shields, Velocity Modifier to Maneuverability, and Battery Dice to the individual Fire Arcs for that weapon.

Some people that use your stats would prefer the house rule section stay separate, if that matters to your consideration.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

Some people that use your stats would prefer the house rule section stay separate, if that matters to your consideration.

I would agree - I like the house rules section as is - it allows for a quick search and summary of the rules.

Now - individual rules called out on specific entries are an interesting and useful concept- but to me - I would hate to lose them as a topic item.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: