The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

REGISTRATION and LOG-IN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> REGISTRATION and LOG-IN Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=209709#209709

Whill wrote:
The following email domains are NOT allowed at the Rancor Pit:
@...officemail.in.net
@...
meta1.in.net
@...officemail.fun

I had to add those three to the disallowed list. They seem to be pop-up domains because they all have nonsense before ending in the above, and the above come up on many spammer reports.

Way back, the registration button went directly to the registration page and anyone except bots could create a registration. But with the rise of human spammers, Loc Taal changed the registration process so the Registration button only brings up a form, and the form creates an email that goes to someone with the form's answers. That way the registrations could be vetted before created. Now the emails come to me and I create the registration.

Unfortunately, the banning of email domains only works to prevent the actual creation of the registrations, but not on the registration form which just creates the email. So I can still get inundated with spammer registration request emails even if they have a banned email domain that couldn't actually be registered. So I had to create some email filters that will hopefully just put any registration requests from these emails directly in the Junk folder.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the registrant with the requested username Village6 please resubmit the registration request with an allowed email address (non-Microsoft). Thank you!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the registrant with the requested username Olania please resubmit the registration request with an allowed email address. Thank you!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the registrant with the requested username of Archon77, there is an old unactivated registration already created for you under that username and the disallowed Microsoft email address you are still using. I cannot send an email to you to advise you to register with an allowed address address. We can delete the old registration so you can re-register using the same username, but it must be with an email not on the disallowed email list (in the OP of this thread). Thank you.

~~

Jedi Skyler, if you are trying to log into the Rancor Pit, please check your new email's spam filter for an email from the Rancor Pit so you can find out how to restore your original account.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the registrant with the requested username delmarvin please check your spam filter for a Rancor Pit email around 1/22? Your registration was already created the first time that you requested and it is waiting on you to activate it. Please don't try to register again. Please click on the link in the email. It is still valid. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Would the registrant with the requested username delmarvin please check your spam filter for a Rancor Pit email around 1/22? Your registration was already created the first time that you requested and it is waiting on you to activate it. Please don't try to register again. Please click on the link in the email. It is still valid. Thank you.

Please stop re-registering. Your registration was already successfully created on 1/22. Please activate the original registration. Please check your spam filter for an email from the Rancor Pit that day, OR please email the Rancor Pit at the email address in the OP of this thread from the email address that you registered with. Thank you. Continually re-registering creates duplicate emails, so that will eventually be considered spam and I'll have no choice but to block them.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the registrant with the requested username Gotter Damerron please check your spam filter for a Rancor Pit email around 5/23? Your registration was already created the first time that you requested and it is waiting on you to activate it. Please don't try to register again. Please click on the link in the email. It is still valid.

If you can't activate the original registration, please check your spam filter for an email from the Rancor Pit that day, OR please email the Rancor Pit at the email address in the OP of this thread from the email address that you registered with.

Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the registrant with the requested username Teutonic_Tirade93 please check your spam filter for a Rancor Pit email around 6/28? Your registration was already created the first time that you requested and it is waiting on you to activate it. Please don't try to register again. Please click on the link in the email. It is still valid.

If you can't activate the original registration, please check your spam filter for an email from the Rancor Pit that day, OR please email the Rancor Pit at the email address in the OP of this thread from the email address that you registered with.

Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the registrant with the requested username Yodax please resubmit the registration request with an allowed email address. Thank you!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a friendly reminder that if you are not seeming to get a response to your registration request, make sure it is not a disallowed email domain and check your spam or junk folders. The activation emails do not expire on their own, so the link should still be good. If you have more than one, always use the most recent one. If that still doesn't work, email the Rancor Pit from the email you attempted to register with, according to the guidelines in the OP of this thread (linked below). Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:15 am    Post subject: Hotmail? Reply with quote

Would the member who emailed the Rancor Pit from their hotmail email please email from an allowed email address with a copy of your recent email? See the disallowed email list in the OP of this thread.

The "I forgot my password" process will never work if you have a hotmail address because Microsoft blocks all Rancor Pit emails. I also cannot even manually reply to your manual email because Microsoft won't allow you to receive my message. I have attempted to resolve this with Microsoft to no avail. It is a well known issue and I have learned that several other webmasters have gone on the 'infinite wild goose loop' Microsoft sends us on to fix it. There is no other solution possible but using an email address that is not disallowed.

For all members who are not currently locked out, please check your profile and update your email address if it is any of the disallowed email addresses. Without updating it, you may find that someday you are locked out and have no way of recovering access.

Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject: ADD RANCOR PIT TO YOUR EMAIL CONTACTS & CREATE FILTERS! Reply with quote

The Rancor Pit email address is: forums –at– rancorpit –dot– com (you can put it all together correctly). The only emails you have to receive from the Pit are password recovery emails. The only other emails you can receive are PM notifications emails, but you can turn those off so that is optional. (I suggest at least allowing pop-up notifications so you don't miss any important ones from myself or a moderator, but we PM as little as possible.)

Even gmail sends Rancor Pit emails to the Spam folder, where by default they auto-delete after 30 days. You can create email filters to never send rancorpit emails to spam, to always send them to your inbox (and even mark them as important if you want). Even when you do that, they will still mark it as potential spam. The Rancor Pit has never spammed anyone.

I am seeing an uptick of people who claim they are not getting the password reset emails. Microsoft email addresses really aren't, and there is absolutely no way to fix that. Other email addresses are getting them, but they may bypass the inbox and go to spam folders. That is fixable. I can't see anyone's passwords and I can't let just any rando contact me and say they are someone else to gain access to their account, so you really need to make every effort to make sure you can recover your account should you need to.

Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:55 am    Post subject: ADD RANCOR PIT TO YOUR EMAIL CONTACTS & CREATE FILTERS! Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
...You can create email filters to never send rancorpit emails to spam, to always send them to your inbox (and even mark them as important if you want). Even when you do that, they will still mark it as potential spam. The Rancor Pit has never spammed anyone.

I have never gotten this to work with Gmail. No matter what I have done, Gmail always sends Emails from the Rancorpit to the Spam Folder. I have continually reported such emails as Not Spam to gmail, and sent feedback to Gmail when it used to be allowed (been years since there was a way to directly contact Gmail support). Fortunately I check the spam folder periodically before permanently deleting all content, and especially if I am waiting for a response that doesn't seem to arrive. Meanwhile - domains I have flagged as spam dozens of times keep going in to my inbox -_-
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:32 pm    Post subject: ADD RANCOR PIT TO YOUR EMAIL CONTACTS & CREATE FILTERS! Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Whill wrote:
...You can create email filters to never send rancorpit emails to spam, to always send them to your inbox (and even mark them as important if you want). Even when you do that, they will still mark it as potential spam. The Rancor Pit has never spammed anyone.

I have never gotten this to work with Gmail. No matter what I have done, Gmail always sends Emails from the Rancorpit to the Spam Folder. I have continually reported such emails as Not Spam to gmail, and sent feedback to Gmail when it used to be allowed (been years since there was a way to directly contact Gmail support). Fortunately I check the spam folder periodically before permanently deleting all content, and especially if I am waiting for a response that doesn't seem to arrive. Meanwhile - domains I have flagged as spam dozens of times keep going in to my inbox -_-

Thank you for your efforts. I'm pretty sure that designating emails as Not Spam only removes the spam tag in your personal email and doesn't actually report anything to Gmail, unfortunately.

Below is a look at my Gmail filter. This works to prevent them from going to spam and put them into my inbox. They appear starred and marked as important as I asked it to.

If you match this setting and it still doesn't work, then there is a Gmail Help Community but I've never used it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the registrant with the requested username of Maegor check for a Rancor Pit email dated 10/24? Check spam or junk folders.

There is no need to request a new registration. The activation link in the the 10/24 email is still good. I recently confirmed that your email domain can receive emails from the Rancor Pit.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: