The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Medical Updates
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Medical Updates Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom's been back from the 2nd surgery for her belly (this time a lateral abcess, vice medial last time), but now the concern is her swelling feet. Got to see a doc the other day, who's gonna refer her to a cardiologist, thinking there may be something circulation issues causing it...
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Mom's been back from the 2nd surgery for her belly (this time a lateral abcess, vice medial last time), but now the concern is her swelling feet. Got to see a doc the other day, who's gonna refer her to a cardiologist, thinking there may be something circulation issues causing it...

i can't recall if i'd mentioned this or not; i have poor circulation in my legs, the veins in my right leg are a convoluted mess. As a consequence of this i need to have my legs elevated so they are higher than my heart when i sleep.
Whenever i am sitting, i have to have my legs elevated as possible, usually higher than my waist is best.
Failing to do so (either one) contributes directly to the swelling of my legs. At the very least you should discuss these options with your mother & her doctors.
i hope this helps.

On my end, my father is having a surgery tomorrow to pin his enlarged prostrate into a position that won't cause him pain.
It should be a simple in & out procedure.
Mom is driving him there & back & staying with him for the 12 hrs following to monitor & assist him.
He won't be able to do any lifting for two weeks, which will be very difficult for him.

Western NY is high winds warning this evening, gusts to 60 mph, & my friends in Tonawanda already had an outage, which lasted about an hour.
just wanted to get this out before i lose power.
i hope everyone will be safe & well.
Take care & God bless!
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She does the putting her feet up, but due to the swelling (mostly her left foot) it often goes numb in an hour or two.. so she has to put them down to get the circulation going..
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a scan for my mom's legs (Finally). She's got two clots in the left anckle/calf, in the veins, and a clogged artery up in her thigh... BOOOOOO!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: