The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Concentration - Force Power
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Concentration - Force Power
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:46 am    Post subject: Concentration - Force Power Reply with quote

When looking at the text for the concentration force power I can't understand if its saying the character can't do anything else in the round other than concentrating and the action - or that they can - they just don't get any bonus to the other actions.

So what is it?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF i say, am concentrating on hacking a PC, that is ALL i get to do.. Activate concentration, and then do the comp prog/rep. IF i do anything else in that round, the concentration won't work.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interpretation is as garhkal said. You can only do the task you are concentrating on and use concentration - otherwise you wouldn't really be concentrating.
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While normally I complain about the intermixing of terms in the rules - this one seems exceptionally clear;

The Jedi may do nothing other than using the concentration power and using that one skill for one action.The Jedi receives no bonus if anything else is done in that round, including duplicate uses of the same skill or dodges or parries.

2.5-P143, Reup-p154.

So, you CAN do something else - but you don't get a bonus on it, AND You you don't get your concentration bonus on the skill you wanted it on - effectively ruining the entire point of the concentration.

I think this put this in there, to show that someone who is trying to do concentration, say on hacking a door open while under fire - if they take a dodge - they blow the concentration and the bonus they would get from it.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if that is stated, but I would require the PCs to roll for activating concentration again.

My reasoning is that if you concentrate on yout nitting, and then get up to answer the phone, you are not concetrating on the nitting any more...

So I would allow other actions, but they break the concentratiin, and you need to rol, it up again
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:18 pm    Post subject: Concentration Reply with quote

So if jedi declares two actions. For his first action he is going to concentrate. For his 2nd action he is going to use the force to pick up something with Telekinesis and move it. The jedi won initiative and gets to take his first action and all the remaining good guys and bad guys take their first action. Jedi takes his 2nd action. One of the bad guys for his 2nd action goes after the Jedi uses telekenesis with concentration and decides to shoot the jedi. Is the Jedi allowed to dodge as a reaction to that shot because he used concentration?
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The action being concentrated on should not be resolved in the normal action sequence - it should be resolved after all other parties have taken all of their actions. This should be handled this way to insure that the character using concentration does nothing else, or if forced to take a reactionary action loses the concentration bonus.

R&E 2nd Edition page 143 does say "The Jedi may do nothing else other than using the concentration power and using that one skill for one action."
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He COULD however DROP his concentration, to GET a reactionary dodge (but at -2d for MAPS)..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: