The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mixing the games..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> Mixing the games.. Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Mixing the games.. Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Brought out of a subject over on Dragon's foot where someone asked about "having a game within a game" (mostly for say card games, to give purpsoe to the Gambling proficiencies), has anyone thought of mixing up all the various board games/Minis games we have for SW??

Like when the party is in space combat, shifting it to the X-wing miniatures game, for running? Then if they get into cap ship combat, using Armada.. Or legion for large scale infantry battles??

Did I already reply to this? I have a mind like a steel sieve so it's possible.

Switch to West End's miniatures for the large battles. Use Legion figures if you like as they're currently available. But West End specifically designed the game to do this with. Converting PC stats to SWMB Heroes is very easy. West End even published RPG adventures that switch to a SWMB scenario part way through, detailing what squads show up to help the PC's and what Imperial forces are present to fight them.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Mixing the games.. Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Brought out of a subject over on Dragon's foot where someone asked about "having a game within a game" (mostly for say card games, to give purpsoe to the Gambling proficiencies), has anyone thought of mixing up all the various board games/Minis games we have for SW??

Like when the party is in space combat, shifting it to the X-wing miniatures game, for running? Then if they get into cap ship combat, using Armada.. Or legion for large scale infantry battles??

When I was running my game set during the clone wars, where the player characters were padawans becoming Jedi Generals, I used the Starmada system for space battles, with home brew ship stats.

For large-scale ground battles I used my homebrew table top miniatures game system on Heroscape hex maps.

Both were quite detailed so it was necessary to set aside an entire game night to resolve a battle. But it gave the necessary feel of being in charge of large units of clone troopers and their supports. Every few rounds I would cut back to character-scale actions, for roleplay-style actions and dialogue, but the big battle was paramount as each player was in control of several elements.

ie one player would be in charge of several companies of infantry. Another player was in charge of a unit of AT-TEs with their supporting dismounts, another player would have a contingent of gunships with assault troopers and a few fighters for ground support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: