The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Community Files
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> New Community Files
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtanzer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject: New Community Files Reply with quote

Re: G+ Community Files Rework...

Here's the link for the new Community Files Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k0RHGM-uz2RKLx_crB6umrvPUmn2CZ5Q?usp=share_link

I will be adding in the files from the old Drive as time allows. If you want to add your own files, that's fine, however I will ask you to follow WEG formatting. It makes life easier on all of us. Also I will ask you to note in the file header what Edition (1E or 2E) you're using. That way I can add the appropriate sub-divisions as needed.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admire your dedication and enthusiasm. And crowdsourcing part of this is really the only way you can tackle it. Props to you, friend.
jtanzer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:01 pm    Post subject: A folder (or ten) a day... Reply with quote

...keeps the Admin away. I've moved *most* of the non-ship files over. I'm going to (try to) complete 1 folder/day. I've already migrated the Attack Ships, Bulk Freighters, and Carriers folders. The larger folders, such as the Corvette, are going to done last.
jtanzer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old files are finally all moved over. They're arranged by faction first, and type second. Some stuff, such as the adventures, NPCs and other GM tools are housed in a separate folder that I'll get around to sorting as time allows.
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtanzer wrote:
The old files are finally all moved over. They're arranged by faction first, and type second. Some stuff, such as the adventures, NPCs and other GM tools are housed in a separate folder that I'll get around to sorting as time allows.

thanks for your efforts!!!!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtanzer wrote:

I haven't had a chance to explore it, but yes, thanks for your efforts!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the idea of introducing morale is pretty interesting. I think one of the things we do a little too often in RPGs is make every combat a fight to the death. While it's unlikely that Stormtroopers are going to give up at the first sign of resistance, wild animals, a hot-headed street brute, or a small gang of bandits are not going to be so committed to the fight. I think this is an interesting system. I think I'd probably give it a shot when the tide of a battle seems to shift.
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I think the idea of introducing morale is pretty interesting. I think one of the things we do a little too often in RPGs is make every combat a fight to the death. While it's unlikely that Stormtroopers are going to give up at the first sign of resistance, wild animals, a hot-headed street brute, or a small gang of bandits are not going to be so committed to the fight. I think this is an interesting system. I think I'd probably give it a shot when the tide of a battle seems to shift.

Did not know there were morale rules in there somewhere!
Now I have to look.

IN my games - once npc's start getting wounded - based on the situations I start rolling for morale. Now, this is a subjective thing - I look at he situation, the npc'goals etc. And take into account the intimidation or leadership of the NPC leaders....

But your point is a good one - in my house rules overhaul (doing a massive house rules overhaul of d6) I should actually quantify some LIGHT morale guidelines for npcs (I do have fear stuff for pc's but that is pretty light too...).

thanks for your comment....
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did something along those lines for psychological effects a while ago, but it could use some more detail on practical application. I’ll have to give the Morale rules a look…

EDIT: Looked, but couldn’t find said rules in any of the obvious places. Link?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
jtanzer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to take the ships down as I'm not happy with them, particularly in regards to the sensors. When I created them I pulled the sensor stats from existing ships, however WEG didn't have a statline editor, which resulted in multiple instances of redundant conflicting statblocks (I'm looking at you Imperial Customs Frigate) in addition to ..... a certain amount of confusion as to what exactly constituted certain classes of ship (i.e. light crusiers having less firepower than some frigates). As a result I'm going to resume my SQL studies (with a concurrent drop in Rancor Pit activity) with a possible sidetrip into AI to *try* to bring some amount of coherency to the chaos that is WEG SW ship stats.

I'll continue to upload stuff and manage the Drive as often as I'm able, but since I'm planning on putting in 8-12 hr worknights (my regular job is a 12-hr night-shift grind-fest Rolling Eyes), activity is very likely to limited at best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: