The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Updating X-Wing: Alliance Ship Stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Updating X-Wing: Alliance Ship Stats Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Incidentally, the ratio I'm using to generate these stats comes from comparing the stats of the X-Wing in both the WEG system and the old X-Wing Computer game. If you're interested in doing your own, and can find the performance values from the computer game, use the following:
    MGLT x 0.08 = Space
    DPF x 0.12 = Maneuverability in Pips
    RU x 0.6 = Hull in Pips
    SBD x 0.06 = Shields in Pips

Then divide any Pip values by 3 to get D ratings.
Obviously, not everything will divide straight across, so you will have to round up or down as you see fit.

I applied these to the X7 Deep Space Manufacturing Facility;
https://tiger887.tripod.com/X7Factory.html
Shields 3200 SBD x 0.06 = 192, 192 pips/3 = 64D. Hull 1520 RU x 0.6 = 912 Hull in Pips, 912/3 = 304D.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Deep_Space_Manufacturing_Facility
Shielding Rated 1920 SBD[1] 1920 x 0.06 = Shields in Pips = 115.2,, 115.2/3 = 38.4D
Hull Rated 1520 RU[1] 1520 RU[1] x 0.6 = 912 Hull in Pips, 912/3 = 304D.

Is/Are there any different conversions for Capital Ships?
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never bothered. Generally, the capital ships in XW:A either already have game stats or aren't interesting to me. I think the one exception was the MC40 (the concept of smaller MonCal ships always interested me), but the image in the game was just hideous. I ended up repurposing the MC40 as this EC Henry creation and using the canon MC40's fluff to fill in some of the details.

On top of that, until I can get my Capital Ship Combat concept fully realized, capital ship and space station stats just aren't as important to the game as balanced starfighter stats. If I were to do a conversion stat of that platform, I'd probably do a simple ratio of Shields and Hull values relative to an ISD or an MC80.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Giving this a bump because I'm wanting to do the stats for the Missile Boat, using the Fractalsponge version. However, I haven't decided whether I'm going to go with Fractal's ordnance numbers (his has just over half of the canon ship's capacity) or the original.

Another problem is that some of the official numbers on this thing are...absurdly high. Its XW:A performance figures are as follows:
    122 MGLT (426 w/ SLAM)
    91 DPF
    Hyperdrive Class 6.0
    19 RU
    120 SBD
Using the conversion ratios I posted above, this works out to:
    Space 10 (34 w/ SLAM)
    Maneuverability 3D+2
    Hyperdrive Multiplier x6
    Shields 6D+2
    Hull 3D+2
The three obvious issues are the insanely high Space when using the SLAM (where the only apparent penalty is not being able to use the Medium Laser Cannon), the crazy-powerful Shields, and the extremely slow Hyperdrive.

I'm still mulling over how I want to write this up, but if anyone has thoughts on the matter, feel free to let me know.

When I didn't see the Missile Boat linked in CRM's main list today, I was curious as to why that was. (I've been absent from The Pit for about a year or two and only just returned.)

I can't speak to the other two issues, but for the TIE Defender's Hyperdrive, the idea of an advanced, top-of-the-line, experimental, and (above all else) Too Awesome To Use starfighter having anything less than a Class 1 Hyperdrive is just ridiculous. Either the "Hyperdrive Class 6.0" is a typo or the video game fluff writers forgot that bigger numbers on hyperdrives make for slower speeds. Or they just wrote something that sounded cool in their own heads ("a Version 6.0 Hyperdrive? That sounds faster than a 5.0! Durrr..."), but is just blatantly out of context for Star Wars. Considering that the video game fluff writers likely had no idea or reason to know how the WEG stats worked, they likely made something up.

Just give it a x1 Main hyperdrive with a x12 backup (like the Assault Gunboat, the Missile Boat's predecessor) and be done with it. If necessary, up the rating on the backup to whatever you feel is more appropriate with the reasoning that a cutting-edge tech starfighter is going to have a decent backup hyperdrive to make certain that it can get back to base if the primary fails. No sense in letting the Rebels get their hands on this technology!
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points all around, and thanks for jumpstarting my thoughts on this. I don't have time to do anything with it right now (changing jobs and moving out of my apartment), but here's a rough idea of where I'm leaning:
    -Space of 10, but jumps to 14 when the SLAM engages.

-It seems awfully silly to me that a ship get that much of a performance boost simply out of shunting the power from one laser cannon, so I'm thinking of switching the SLAM from "Sublight Laser Acceleration Module" to simply "Sub-Light Acceleration Module", then have the SLAM require shunting Auxiliary Power to it to use it.

-I'm also thinking of giving the Missile Boat a more robust Power Transfer system, with some systems (especially Shields) able to take up to 2D of Auxiliary Power. The ship will have 2D of available Auxiliary Power (unlike the 1D for most ships).

-To make full use of the SLAM module, the pilot would have to divert all 2D of Auxiliary Power to the engines and the SLAM module (1D for the SLAM, 1D for All-Out).

-Since the Missile Boat is (obviously) mainly a missile combatant, the laser is somewhat superfluous, so I'm considering dropping the laser in favor of either a heavy blaster or auto-blaster.

-I'm also going to redo the stats for the Fractalsponge Missile Pods on this and the Assault Gunboat. As near as I can tell, the Pods serve as armored box launchers, and the tubes inside are interchangeable, so it can be fitted with tubes of varying sizes; the smaller the tube, the more that can be fit in. This will allow for much larger loadouts of smaller missiles, thus allowing the ship to approach its official loadout capacity.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missile Boat stats posted in the Fractalsponge topic.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, taking into account the deleted scene from Solo, I went through and modified my various TIE stats to include the Copilot Droid Brain where it felt appropriate. Basic TIE/ln models don't have it, but anything with a specialty mission or ordnance launch capability is equipped with one.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Also, taking into account the deleted scene from Solo, I went through and modified my various TIE stats to include the Copilot Droid Brain where it felt appropriate. Basic TIE/ln models don't have it, but anything with a specialty mission or ordnance launch capability is equipped with one.

Cool.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

Do they spam the message "All hail SKynet" when they launch! Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: