The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Got a 1e game running!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Got a 1e game running!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:56 pm    Post subject: Got a 1e game running!!! Reply with quote

I've been running my kids and their friends (6 kids, ages 14-17) through B/X D&D for the past year. We decided to take a break from that, and I suggested some D6 Star Wars. Of course they said "yes!".

I'm running 1e WEG D6 Star Wars, but using a "Mini Six" variant, replacing reaction rolls (Dodge, Stamina, Parries) with fixed Difficulties. Basically, each die code counts as a +3, so a Dodge of 4D gives a Difficulty of 12 [plus range penalties] to be hit by blaster fire.

I also am also using the indie Hyperspace D6 rules for The Force. Each Force skill (Control, Alter, Sense) has its own Force Powers and each power has increasing Difficulties. For example, lifting a small object (a rock or gun) is a Difficulty 5 Alter roll, but lifting a man-sized object or Force-pushing them is Difficulty 15.

I am running the kids through a lightly modified Dawn of Defiance (WotC Star Wars from about 15 years ago) set 5 years AFTER Revenge of the Sith. They are having A BLAST!!

We have a Young Senatorial, her 3PO unit, her Retired Imperial Captain bodyguard, a Failed Jedi (survivor of O66) who fought with the Captain in the Clone Wars, and a Mandolorian who was loyal to Maul during the civil war (Bounty Hunter Template). Kid #7 missed the first session, but I think he's rolling up a Smuggler.

1e is Sooooooo cinematic, and with eliminating the reaction rolls it moves FAST!!!

I had to share!!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats.... Glad to see new folks brought into the fold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: