The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rathe Ehtar's Characters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Rathe Ehtar's Characters Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Rathe Ehtar's Characters Reply with quote

As my gaming group's MOG, I don't get to play Star Wars as a player very often. When Crell Damar wanted to try GMing I was excited.
My first character under his direction was a SpecForce Infiltrator which utilized the strengths of the Mashi Horansi.

Name: Miraj
Code Name: Stealth Panther(in honor to the Metal Gear games)
Statistics: Dexterity 4D+2, blaster 5D, brawling parry 6D, dodge 6D, firearms 5D, melee combat 5D, melee parry 5D, Knowledge 2D, survival 4D, survival: jungle 5D, Mechanical 1D, repulsorlift op. 3D, Perception 5D, search 6D, search: tracking 7D, sneak 9D, Strength 4D+1, acrobatics 5D, brawling 6D+1, brawling: Kageryu(shadow dragon) martial arts 7D+1, climbing/jumping 4D+2, swimming 4D+2, Technical 1D+1, computer pro/rep 2D, demolitions 3D, firstaid 2D, security 3D+2
special abilities: keen senses, sneak bonus, nocturnal, claws: str+1D, +1D to brawling
Move 11
Not Force sensitive
Force Points: 2, Character Points?
martial arts moves: silent strike, spin kick, footsweep
equipment: currently he has a SoroSuub heavy blaster pistol (5D+1)
I would like to have during missions the following: the above pistol, slug pistol with equiped Merr Sonn supressor and laser sighting (4D with +1D firecontrol), head strap comlink, vibro knife, garotte, combat jumpsuit with blast vest and helmet, security tools, and "the Devil's luck!"

My second charater starred in a more, "easy going" game on the crime filled moon of Nar Shaada. Unlike Miraj, he is a more direct character. Sort of an "in your face" kind of guy.
Name: Weis
Physical Description: young, fast and proud. Light skin, black hair, blue eyes, thin but with high muscle tone. Wears cool shades, nice clothes and an armored coat.
Statistics: Dexterity 4D, blaster 6D, blaster: heavy blaster pistol 7D+1, brawling parry 5D, dodge 6D, Knowledge 2D+2, intimidation 4D, streetwise 4D, streetwise: Nar Shaada 5D, willpower 3D, Mechanical 2D+2, repulsorlift op. 3D, Perception 3D, con 4D, search 3D+1, sneak 3D+2, Strength 3D+2, brawling 5D+2, brawling: Kashyyyk style martial arts 7D, Technical 2D, armor rep. 3D, blaster rep. 3D
martial arts moves: spin kick, weapon block, footsweep
Move 10
Not Force sensitive
Force Points 1, Character points?
equipment: 2 Modefied Calban Model X heavy blaster pistols (6D), Blastech Riotgun (5D+1), comlink, Penatrator(5D), armored coat(+1D), combat jumpsuit(for emergencies)

I'll post some of their stories if anyone is interested.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sound cool! I like Miraj! Mashi Horansi make perfect infiltrators. I'd love to hear some of their stories.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's fairly difficult to challange... although i've come up with a few challanges Smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a Mashi Horansi? Confused

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mashi Horansi - With their sneak bonus, a beginning character can start with a sneak skill of up to 9D! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, exactly what he did... Crying or Very sad we'll get back to it though... i've found the best ways for challanging him are when he's not the only guy he needs to worry about getting out alive Smile
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a story I wrote that describes the events that led Miraj to the Rebelion.

The Hunt

I leap through the tropical brush and continue running. I ignore the wet tree vines that hit my face and tear through the leaves and tall grass like a razor. My heart is beating faster and faster, pounding so hard it seems it will burst from my chest and continue on without me. My pursuers are gaining on me and there is nowhere to hide, so I run. My muscles are strained and weak. My body is near collapse. Salvation shows itself in the form of a dense group of trees. With my last ounce of strength I leap up and into the shadows. Blast! The bolt burned a hole into my lower back. As I lay on the ground waiting for death, I notice the smell of charred fur and flesh, the scent being more powerful than the pain. My pursuers arrive to collect their trophy. I stare up into the barrel of a rifle. Blast!

I awaken suddenly, pulse racing, and vengeance on my mind. Using the cover of darkness, I track my prey back to his camp. A large fire is in the center surrounded by three tents, the largest belonging to my prey. There are two guards, trained soldiers, but they are easily dealt with. The first is lured away from the protective light of the fire and into the shadows. I slash his throat without a sound. I take the other guard from behind. His spine snapped like a dry twig when I broke his neck. As
I approach the tent I notice two identical shadows on the ground beside it. My eyes widen when I realize what they are. The murderer kept their fur. I look away in disgust gritting my teeth. I clench my right paw so tight that my claws pierce the skin. Holding my tears back, I continue. I slip into the tent and spot my prey asleep in his bed. I stand over his body raising my paw above his chest and fill my strike with all the rage and pain I’ve kept inside. I force my paw through his rib cage and
tear out his heart with my claws. His body convulses upward. His face twists into the combined expressions of surprise and terror. With his last breathe he lets out a low gargled scream.

The camp is awoken by the sound, but by then I am gone, taking my parents remains and a trophy of my own. Deep in the jungle I bury my parent’s remains under the tree where I was born. I place the heart of their murderer on their grave. I glimpse back at what has transpired and realize that I can prevent this tragedy from happening again. The sun is raising and I look toward the day with a new purpose. The hunt continues.

I wrote this for a creative writing class, so I left out some little details. The planet is Mutanda and the enemy were Imperials. The first paragraph is a dream Miraj is having or it is happening to one of his parents, I'm not sure.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, Rathe! 8)

Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Loctaal.
I plan to write more, if time permits. I'd like also to get to Weis's story, too. I'm sure Crell will have some things to say on both of them.

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that depends on how deep you intend to go on the subject Smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weis grew up on the streets of Nar Shaada. His father was a low level hood for some gangster and was stabed in the back by his best friend. His mother was a trouble soul who died of a overdose of spice. Weis was a troubled youth. Angry, violent, and sad. He probably would have died if he hadn't met an old Bothan named Whisker. The old guy owned a bar and did arms sales on the side. He took Weis under his wing and taught him a thing or too about the underworld and how to make it big. Verra, Whisker's lifelong wookie friend, taught Weis to channel his anger through the use of martial arts. Naturally, growing up around blasters, you learn a thing or two on how to use them. Fast forward ten years or so, and you have a cool, confident and powerful Mafia hitman rising in the ranks of Jabba's Organization.

One of the most important moments in Weis's earlier jobs involved a little girl. The story goes something like this.
Weis steps into his bosses office, which is found on the second floor of the nightclub, The Devil's Own. Weis's boss, an old Devorian gunman, turned around in his swivel chair and looked into the darkness of Weis's shades. "I have a job for you. Just another clown who owes me money. One thousand credits."
"Who is it?" Weis asked.
"Just a kid around the block, you probably met him already. He's some pick pocket."
Weis knew him alright, shot at him a couple of times for trying to lift his wallet. A smile formed on his face. "It'll be a pleasure, boss."
Weis left the club and stepped out into the dusty, smog filled streets. After stealing a landspeeder, which was becoming an everyday habit for Weis, he quickly retraced his steps from his last encounter with the kid.
Hours later, he spotted the thief and gave chase. As always, the young punk was too fast and ducked around a corner. The only good thing was that Weis lived in the building. Creeping into the alleyway, stun baton in hand, Weis listened for anything. Any sound would give him a target to fire at. The lighting was dim and the silence was defening. Suddenly, a scuffeling in the nearest dumpster captured Weis's attention. He lifted the lid, and grabbed the kid, only it wasn't the thief. The small child he held his stun baton against was just a little girl. She was filthy and very thin. She probably had been living in that dumpster for some time. "Have you seen a scrawny black kid running around here?!" Weis asked, forcefully.
The small girl managed to mutter a, "No." just audible for Weis to hear.
Satisfied with that answer, Weis pulled the girl out of the trash and carried her into the building. He lived on the fourth floor and as always, the lift was broken. The door man and a few of the outfit's goons were in the lobby. One gave Weis a questionable look. The others commented on his choice of date. Weis gave each of them a cold stare and threatened the doorman with physical violence.
Four levels later, the unlikely pair entered the barren appartment. Weis set the girl down on his bed. "You can stay here. Pizza's on the table, it's cold, but better than you're used to."
The small child, who was terrified of the imposing man untill now, had a look of joy that affected Weis in a way he didn't expect. As the tears streamed down her face, pooling in the pits of her dipples, she gave him a wide smile. He managed to smile back at the little girl. The whole act of helping her was almost instinctive on Weis's part. He had lived that life and after seeing that girl's face...
He had to do something. Weis didn't know anything about raising kids. He only knew how to make them orphans.
He left the little girl alone in his room and contemplated his situation. How is a cold-blooded killer like him, going to raise a kid on a slag world like this? Weis left that question to the void. Only the future would tell.
As it turns out, the door man was the little thief's uncle and told Weis he would pay the dept. Once again, Weis would have to wait untill later to blast that little thief.

Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that thief is going to haunt weis forever dude. just for story factor, i'd bet that you never catch him.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that pick pocket is so cool...
he always just narrowly escapes...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should tell the story where Tobias got his nickname "bellhop" and the repeater became known as the angry bantha... hehe Laughing

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Rathe! 8)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: