The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Capital Ship Upgrades
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Capital Ship Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
entropy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Capital Ship Upgrades Reply with quote

Does anyone have a list (official rules preferred, but I'll take what I can get) of the costs for capital ship weapons and equipment. Our group has been making up rules on the spot with little consistency for as long as I can remember, but we've never had a resource like this forum before.

What I'm looking for is things like capital-scale weapons, shields, hyperdrives, sub-light drives, sensor baffles (probably not even possible), etc. What does your group use?
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, the easiest thing would be to look at the tramp frieghter's book. If the cost is based off of the ship's cost it should work fine. If not, agree on a multiplier. Anything starfighter scale can be put on a capital ship at "cost in book" x the "agreed multiplier".
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what I do.

I just take the cost listed in the tramp guide and double it for every 100 feet worth of starship.

works pretty good IMHO.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, at least you have a system in place! You can learn from there. That's what this site is all about- pooling our resources and GAMING, MAN! 8)
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A player in my game wants to put a sensor baffle and some lasers on their Ghtroc Cargo Empress...

What they need is a friggin set of Ion Cannons and more power and speed, and better ship sensors. Not just slump on weapons and a sensor baffle.

The way I handle it, Cost of the item +cost of labor equals the cost of adding something to the ship.

Cost of modifying a stat is a bit more complicated, such as adding more to the speed, manuverability, hull code, et cetera. Havn't quite figured out a system for it yet. But until they realize that is important, I am going to say it also a parts and labor issue, which could cause increasing the hull code by a dice as much as 500,000c.
to finance my 'vette!
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they took the stuff your asking about from Tramp Freighters, but try checking this site.

Wanted Poster
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, unfortunately there are no official rules for capital ship upgrades or construction. WEG lost the liscense before completing that project Sad
I have a rough formula around somewhere, along with new systems for freighters and rules for Starfighters, I'll see if I can dig it up. It was loosely based on a "Build Point" system, using Die Codes to determine Build Points and cost. Very similar to waht the newer D6 Space is using. Another thing to keep in mind is that the general rule of thumb in D6 is that each full D is roughly a doubling of the previous Die code, and the scales are seperated by 3D increments; so, converting the listings from the Tramp Freighters book to capital scale should increse price by 800% roughly. Sure, that sounds like a lot, but capital ships are huge.

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: