The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Non-StarWars RPGing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Non-StarWars RPGing?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Non-StarWars RPGing? Reply with quote

Is there any specific place to discuss how to adapt the d6 system to setting that are not Star Wars, or to adopt other technologies into games? It just feels wrong to post a thread about vampires' statistics and catching arrows along side Kamino's fate.

Can we have a dedicated section, or are there other message boards for that that I'm missing?
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are other mesage boards I am missing them as well. Right now, most of my GMing in D6 is still Star Wars (need to do too much building with the new D6 core rules, and so my campaigns with those have not begun). I have seen much technology and house rules appear in the House Rules forum. I think West End Games has forums on their website, but I have not really looked into them or joined them, so I do not know if they are populated with as fine folk as here.
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on a way to adapt D&D to d6, and I think I've figured out a way, for the most part. Magic was a tough, and I don't have my D&D book so I can't convert spells right now, but I also have a way to do some of the special abilities.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this type of task, you definately might want to check out the D6 Fantasy book from WEG. It would be of tremendous help to you.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Argamoth, which D&D are you converting? D20 or the older AD&D?

I have worked up a semi-conversion Fantasy D6 game of AD&D, which I ran for over two years. So I've got a lot of weapons, gear, magic and stuff like that done. If you want to bounce stuff off me, I'm more than happy.

On the note of other forums, the WEG site does have a forum, but it's rather dead, I must admit. They get maybe a post or two a day on the D6 stuff, so if there was something here, it would certainly get a lot more coverage and (probably) thoughts from other people. Plus, the WEG forums pretty much sit specifically on their new versions of D6 stuff they've put out. While they don't frown on fan made stuff, the people on the forums pretty much don't bother offering many ideas unless it uses the current, new rules. That doesn't give much room when it comes to tweaking things and inventing new things, nor does it promote conversions very well.

So if there was a section on this forum, it might be a neat thing! I second the nomination for the Non-Star Wars "D6" section. Smile
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This website is, and always has been, dedicated to Star Wars. Sorry, but I'd like to keep that focus.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone who's interested in a D6- friendly site to talk about/ work on other game systems, there's always Skaff's site at:
http://s13.invisionfree.com/All_Out_RPG/

There's also Jamfke's site at:
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Role_Players_Direct/index.php?s=9fec60a87da45b3b2346da44f19075ce&

Either of these fine, upstanding gentlemen would welcome you to their sites; in fact, join both of them! Both are a great place to talk about ALL kinds of RPGs, including the superb Star Wars D6!!!

So visit and enjoy!
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll check out those forums sometime.

Grimace, I'll PM you my ideas on some magic stuffs, I'm going by the v3.5 book that came out recently.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loc Taal wrote:
This website is, and always has been, dedicated to Star Wars. Sorry, but I'd like to keep that focus.

I appreciate that, Loc! It's nice to have a site that centers on SW. It's made MY gaming experience MUCH better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: