The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Starships Stats - Revised & Expanded
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Starships Stats - Revised & Expanded Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Starships Stats - Revised & Expanded Reply with quote

So.... after finishing my Stats book collection, did you really think I would just sit idly? Well, think again.

Starships Stats was the first book I published here, and thus, it's now the most glaringly outdated one. Not only is it missing ships from Ep3 and some from Ep2, but it's also missing lots of ships from WEG sourcebooks I only aquired after the big "pdf-boom" brought about by the "pdf-sharing thread".

So, if you thought Starships Stats was already nice and big, you ain't seen nothing yet. I've been typing up those missing stats and ended up with 189 extra starships. Sure, about a hundred of those are Private Ships, which is another thing I'll dab in later.

But this is not just am Expanded edition, it's also Revised. So I'm updating many of the images, adding more deckplans and correcting stats errors. In this I'd like your input as well. Take a look at Starships Stats and tell me if you find any mistakes....

I'd like to ask some help from some of you.
First, I remember that a while ago someone was working on a Starships Stats Add-On, can't remember who. I'd very much like to incorporate whatever ships you had gotten in there into my new edition.
Second, Grimace, good friend, could you possibly look through your wonderful Adventure Journals and send me the ships you find. I'm sure there are some lost gems in there.

And I'll accept any help anyone else can come up with. As far as I know, Starships Stats is my "most successful" book, it's spread like wildfire, so I really want to make a complete ultimate edition with this one.
Krapou
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news !

I will read the first book carefully in order to find any mistake, so that you can correct them before releasing the R&E version Smile
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, that'll be very useful. Don't be afraid to point out silly typing mistakes or any small slips.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good source, for some stats, and such, would be over on [url]www.highadmiral.de [/url]
He has a section for WEG stats....

Then head to SWAG for deck plans and such, by the admiral...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already getting some things from highadmiral, it's a good idea to present stock stats for ships that were only presented modified.

I think I already emptied SWAG with the first Starships Stats....
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Chris Deck has done a lot of working getting the basic stats for the stocks ships. It'll definitely be worth your while to get those stats into your new sourcebook.

Refresh my memory...did you need me to go through ALL of the journals, or just 1-4?

With jobs looming for me, my time may be a bit limited after the weekend, so I'll see what I can do sooner rather than later.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-4 is what I least need you to look through, since they were slightly covered by the "Best of" book. I would like you to look through them all, if possible, but we don't have a deadline here, so don't stress.

If you're going to do like you did with the weapons, first sifting through them all, sending me a list and then typing up the stats I ask for, then I suggest you include in the first list not only the names of the ships, but also the "Craft" line, which states the specific model. This should help avoid duplicates and unnecessary work.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can it be?!?!?! I don't have your Ship's Guide! How uncool!

I must away at once to the PDF Sharing Thread!

"To the Batpoles, Robin!"
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on you... shame on you... the thing's been available for the better part of a year....
Flynn
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: YT-1300: better deck plans Reply with quote

Hello, if you are revising your excellent work in Starship Stats, please allow me to make a recomendation: There's better thought out deck plans for the YT-1300 and the Falcon at
http://deckplans.00sf.com/Old_Ships/Old_Gallery.html

You've done an amazing job collecting stuff from all over both the web and sourcebooks, that deck plan was the one place where I felt strongly you hadn't found the best source.

Keep up the good work.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful with the deckplans on Frank's site. He might have problems with you using them without permission. You're best off to either ask first or just not use them...one of the two.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Shame on you... shame on you... the thing's been available for the better part of a year....

Yeah, I thought I'd already gotten it... plus I seem to be having MAJOR problems getting ANYTHING off of Krapou's site. I can't get ANY of those links to come up; my computer always times out. If you'd be a pal and post it, or give me another link where I can get it, I'll be set. That's why I was really pulling for Phoenix to get his site off the ground; I was hoping to have better luck there.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Skyler, instead of clicking on the link for Krapou's site based file, right click on it and "Save Target As". It works a lot better that way. Wink
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure to at least include whatever image, any image, available you can find with each ship. Eeven if it be just the thumbnail sillhuoette. If there just isn't any image available, please say so.
to finance my 'vette!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimace wrote:
Yeah, Chris Deck has done a lot of working getting the basic stats for the stocks ships. It'll definitely be worth your while to get those stats into your new sourcebook.

And you get to see a number of my stuff there along with the pics done by the SWAGGERS..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: